Toy control

laura109

Reaction score
Hi my dd is naturally messy. She is 4 in 2 weeks and just won't tidy up after herself. I've wrote a post about this recently so I apologise for being repetitive. I just wandered if you would recommend all toys being upstairs so she can bring down what she wants and maybe we can teach her to take things up at night. I wasn't very well the last few days. I've woken up to the three rooms downstairs being covered in blocks and dolls and duplo and bags packed full of random stuff aswel as blankets everywhere.. It's taking me all morning every morning to get the basics done
I asked her this morning to put them away or id have to throw some away. She basically sat on the chair and ignored me and kept asking for her friend to come round. I told her we can go to a farm on Saturday if she is good and helps tidy her toys. Still sat there. Then she cried when i put her in her room. I asked her to sit on her bed while I picked up the mess. Now I feel guilty. But it's a nightmare. I don't care if one rooms gets messy with toys throughout the day but she's putting the whole house into chaos. She won't even put her pencils away. She's always mixed things together and I end up up with 5 different things to seperate. I've got a one year old too and he's not bad at getting things out despite his toy box being in reach. I know it's her personality. My nephew was so naturally tidy and took care of all his toys as a pre schooler. I don't think my dd cares for or respects much that She owns right now. How do you store toys. Upstairs or down? X

Tbh it's sounds like she has access to too many toys during the day. My DS is 3 has loads but we generally make him tidy up toys before he gets new ones out unless it's part of a game he is making up. I also rotate toys I'll put away some toys for few weeks and then rotate them with others so he doesn't get board of them. Maybe if you kept a few toys downstairs but the majority upstairs and rotate them.

Tbh it's sounds like she has access to too many toys during the day. My DS is 3 has loads but we generally make him tidy up toys before he gets new ones out unless it's part of a game he is making up. I also rotate toys I'll put away some toys for few weeks and then rotate them with others so he doesn't get board of them. Maybe if you kept a few toys downstairs but the majority upstairs and rotate them.

You are absolutely correct. She has far too much. I am going to give it a try. I've got some to get rid of also. I'm hoping her nursery will take donated toys. It's time for a big sort out. Thank you for your reply x

Totally agree . We had the same issue . Girls had too many toys downstairs . Kept bringing more down and the house looked like a kids playgroup ! And I was constantly picking up things !

Now they are only allowed a few toys and if they want more down they have to take the old ones back up stairs ! I don’t mind toys being around the house but it’s a bit silly when they have a whole room at the minute just for toys and to play in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->