Traditions

lornapj83

Love my babies
Reaction score
What’s everyone’s traditions we have a few
We do the book advent so we have 24 Christmas themed books and I wrap them up and they unwrap 1 each night too read .
We do a December box so on the first of December I put in tons of crafts stuff too make for the build up also Christmas colouring books and their Christmas cups etc .
Christmas Eve box I put in pjs slippers, a selection box, activity’s for Xmas eve, a snowman soup the plate for Santa’s cookies I also make reindeer food so I pop that in with Santa’s magic key,
We try and bake every weekend 6 of my children are at school and my youngest is only 2 so weekend is the best time,
We always go away for a long weekend in December last year we went too Harry Potter studios in London was amazing it started too snow the day after and it was the first time my youngest 3 ever seen real snow and it was so magical,
We go too the light turn on in the town and the Festival of Lights,
What do you all do for traditions x

We go and see father christmas every year.

Christmas is always done with my family then we go to his mum's on boxing day.

We go to the crib service at our church on christmas eve.

I don't have kids yet so don't have traditions for them but we do have one and we have done it since we were small dad would always take us to the pictures on Christmas eve so mum could get what ever last min prep for Christmas day in that was needed and dad would get quality time in. So every year even now as adults me and my twin sister to go to the pictures with dad and he has always hoped that the films would get better with our age but we still force him to watch what ever Christmas kids film is on. To be fair we are going to the pictures this week and we are still making him watch what he would say is a kids film.
Also on Christmas eve we would always have new pjs still do now mum started it so she knew we would have nice ones on for pictures in the morning while we opened our presents think the only year that went out the window was the year we both had the flu

Christmas eve we usually watch a Christmas movie.
We leave the mince pie and milk out for santa.

We usually try to see santa at some point over Christmas.

We always go to Winter Wonderland in Manchester but it's not on this year unfortunately.

North Pole breakfast on Xmas eve
Xmas eve box
Go to see fenwicks window in Newcastle (window display they have different theme each year, last year was Paddington I think year before was Peter rabbit)
Always go to the Christmas fair in the village
Usually always try to plan some sort of Christmas Day out (breakfast with Santa, polar express etc) however this year we go to Disney October into November so will see what funds are like when we get back.

I do the Christmas Eve box for my two. Last year I snuck it out onto the front step and pretended there was a knock at the door. :haha: The box is jammies, a film, hot chocolate and a wee treat. We also go to see Santa every year at the local garden centre. :)

Elf on the shelf :dohh:

Christmas eve boxes - chocolates, a movie, new pjs, some sort of activity (colouring book/sticker book etc)

Go to see santa.

Go to the in laws on boxing day and FEAST :haha:

I'm hoping to start going to winter wonderland with them this year.. DS has always seemed to young. I think they'll both enjoy it this year.

We've done Elf on the shelf, leaving out a mince pie and milk for Santa and the panto between Xmas and new year

We always go to Christmas Eve mass which is special .
We do Elf on the shelf, arrives on the door step with advent calendars / crafts treats movie etc the girls love this !
We go and see Santa
Make salt dough xmas tree decorations
We always have lunch / xmas evening at the in laws .
Boxing Day we usually stay in and the girls play with their toys and we eat chocolates lol

We do a trip to see santa.
I’ve always done clean beds and pjs on Christmas Eve.
Leave out a drink and something we have baked for santa.

My favourite though is our theater trip. We go out to see a piece of theater at one of the local venues. Last year was ‘the borrowers’ and the year before was ‘the night before Christmas’. Not sure which one yet this year as im scared to book as last year the school changed what they always do (see the local panto) for kids play at my favourite theater. DS1 ended up seeing it twice. :dohh:

We all get new pj’s on Christmas Eve.

We visit Santa with all of DH’s family around 5th Dec (BIL’s Birthday, they’ve done it since they were kids). He has a huge family so it’s literally like 20 of us.

-New pyjamas on xmas eve
-Watch the Snowman and Father Christmas on xmas eve
-Visit a local Christmas market
-Big bag of xmas books which is brought out on 1st November and added to every year :)
-The kids have stockings hung up in their rooms with small presents inside and a sack of presents each downstairs (delays them going downstairs for a bit :winkwink:)

1st December Box
-PJs
-Arts and Crafts
-Advent Calendar
-Bedding (not brand new)

We do the tree the first weekend of December

Christmas Eve Box (PJs and other goodies)
Christmas Eve Dinner

Christmas Day
Open sacks/stocking in our bedroom.
Santa gift and other gifts downstairs
Christmas dinner with all the trimmings

Boxing Day or day after
We go to London to see my parents and do it all over again!

We have always done PJ's on Christmas Eve but the last couple of years we have also done a selection box and a present to keep them occupied too. We always have a buffet on Christmas Eve. The tree goes up the first weekend of December.

We go and see Santa every year.
Elf on the shelf.
Christmas Eve box.
Chinese takeaway on Christmas Eve.
I really hope I don't have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I've got a new job as a care support worker, think I'll have to ask how they do Christmas real soon, I'd rather work new years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->