Travel system help!

Ang77

Reaction score
Evening all!

I've been scouring the forums trying to decide which travel system to go for and it seems so confusing!

I decided that id look for a pushchair with forward and rear facing seat options, compatible with maxi cosi and must be able to go off road (only grass fields really) this last one is important to us as we frequently go to car shows and want to be able to take wee one along!

I've settled on trying to decide between I candy apple and the Oyster but a lot of the reviews for Oyster are quite old and include a lot of negative comments re the wheels buckling....they tend to be from 2010 kind of time so has anyone more recent experience of this system, particularly with off road in mind?

The only thing putting me off the iCandy is the larger size when folded, doesn't seem like we'd get much else in the boot with the chassis collapsed....aside from that it seems pretty perfect, gets amazing reviews but thinking that the boot space could be an issue....cannot justify the extra cost to get the iCandy peach :nope:

So....any stories of your experience with either would be fantastic! In particular off road experience with the Oyster.

Thanks ever so much in advance :thumbup:

I'm interested in what people's opinions are too. I registered for/plan to get the Graco Snugride 35 carseat, and the Graco Trekko 3-wheel stroller. (I need an affordable, off-pavement-capable stroller too!) I would rather have a different 3-wheeled stroller that has better tires than the Graco Trekko, but I don't know if the Snugride 35 will fit into any others or not, and that's the carseat I know I want... :neutral:

I work in mothercare and although I don't own the oyster for my little girl I've heard nothing but good things about it and I've sold lots! I wouldn't think it would be ideal for muddy fields as the suspension isn't the best and u risk damaging the wheels by getting the clogged up with mud which wouldn't be covered by any kind of gauarantee :shrug: would be the same for most pushchairs tho i think. U could always get a cheap stroller for the fields :)

Xxx

Thanks Gembie! It's totally doing my head in making my mind up! What did you get for your wee one? Figure you ,it's be in a great position for making a decision xxx

I got the mothercare spin pushchair :) although I think the best one at the mo is the Graco Evo! It's ace and a really good price :D

Xxx

interesting... we were looking for a travel system that would be good for offroad too, but instead we went for one that fitted in my car (i have a mini cooper) so ended up with a quinny zapp xtra. ds had been in it a bit, but we generally wear him in various slings. honestly, for going on the muddy stuff, it's better than pushing. i think ds has been in the pushchair about 5/7 times. although i'm sure as he gets older, we'll use the pushchair more.

I love my apple, but yes it is very big (looking for a smaller one for car now and will use icandy for walking).The key to offroading is to lock the front wheels. My friend has an oyster (and there are loads of them about) but she keeps having to replace inner tubes.

I also have a Pognae sling that I don't use enough tbh considering I debated for a long time over what to get!

I've just bought the quinny mood as I was so confused too, I do lots of walking so big chunky wheels were a must. Was also looking for a simple design, and moodd seemed to tick all the boxes. You get a baby nest to use from birth which looks really snug and comfy so no need to buy a carrycot, the rain cover looks amazing, only the middle part is see through and the other parts are stronger plastic so less chance of it ripping as I'll be out in all weathers! to be honest the werent many prams I saw that had big wheels, they all look dainty and shopping mall friendly but not country park suitable! However, I'm getting a baby carrier to use when I am proper walking so won't be too much of a problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->