Trees! (Plans and pics)

motherofboys

Reaction score
When is yours going up? I have a few days off beginning the 21st of November so think we will do our big clean and then get the tree up then.
Any got theirs up already? I've seen a couple on Facebook now!
Anyone got anything new to go on their tree? We have the same decorations every year but I'm thinking about one of those ones that has the whole families names on them.

Oo love this thread !!

We usually put ours up the first weekend in December but will probably go for the last weekend in November - well get it all out and have that week to do it all !

We usually have it all up for DD2s birthday on 5 December anyway !

I usually buy the children a new decoration for the tree that goes in the 1 December box

The tree decorations in their 1st of December box sounds cute!
Dhs birthday is the 4th and he likes the decorations up before then haha

The tree decorations in their 1st of December box sounds cute!
Dhs birthday is the 4th and he likes the decorations up before then haha
It’s become a little tradition I think I’d like to carry on into the future !!
Ahh that’s nice he likes them up too some people don’t and like to wait until after birthdays!

Just looked at my calendar. Think we'll do ours Sunday 28th. That way I can have a good clean up first and not feel rushed doing it. Although I do like to do it early evening as its getting dark. If I do it in the morning it doesn't feel as festive.
X

It’s become a little tradition I think I’d like to carry on into the future !!
Ahh that’s nice he likes them up too some people don’t and like to wait until after birthdays!
My nephews is the 14th and they always wait until afterwards

The plan is this week/Saturday do a big pre Christmas sort and clean as I’m only in full day at work Wednesday so should have a bit more energy haha and then hopefully Sunday going to get the tree and decorations up.
Was going to try and paint the living room first but I just don’t have the time, energy or money really so think I’ll just leave it til after Christmas now.

I’m thinking last weekend of the month however we have a new puppy this year so I’m dreading getting the tree out to be honest!!

Fingers crossed the tree will survive. The first couple of years with our pup we kept the tree behind a baby gate :haha:

Ours only ever goes up half way through December and even that feels early to me. Growing up, my mum would lock us out of the room on Christmas Eve day and put it up so that in the evening (when we celebrated Christmas) it would be all new. We would all dress nicely and, with it being dark outside, having the candles lit, xmas music on quietly and the presents under the tree it would be truly magical when we were finally let in.
I have adapted myself somewhat to the British tradition with my boys and presents happen on the 25th in the morning. And while that is cosy and nice too, it is a lot less festive.

It must be tough completely changing the way you do such a big event so drastically.

My nephews is the 14th and they always wait until afterwards
Oh wow that would be a big no no in our house hahaha !! I don’t put all the decorations up in our lounge until after her birthday just a few bits but then our main rooms are decorated fully !

Great thread!

Angel- growing up we celebrated alternating Christmas on Christmas Day/eve as my mum was German (she passed away 12 yrs ago now, so that why I say her in past tense) and my dad is English. So we had the best of both worlds.

As for when our tree will go up; we wait until after thanksgiving, so it will probably go up around the 27th/28th.

Oh wow that would be a big no no in our house hahaha !! I don’t put all the decorations up in our lounge until after her birthday just a few bits but then our main rooms are decorated fully !

I understand wanting to make their birthday special and no be over shadowed by Christmas, but I'd have to do a Christmas room and birthday room as we need Christmas up for the whole of December hahaha

I find it really interesting how different countries celebrate differently. It definitely helps understand how santa gets everywhere too

I understand wanting to make their birthday special and no be over shadowed by Christmas, but I'd have to do a Christmas room and birthday room as we need Christmas up for the whole of December hahaha
Oh for sure !! I think that’s a good compromise and sort of what we do with our two rooms ! DD will have a big balloon arch with number balloons and other decorations she’s having a party in a soft play centre this year so I’m not going OTT on decorations for the house !

I need to buy a new tree this year as ours broke last year :( we recently moved to a larger house but I still want to save space so we're going with a 7ft slim pre lit tree from b&m for £55. I'm looking forward to not battling with lights anymore.

We have a small tree for Thomas but tbh I doubt we'll put it up.

Aw that's a shame your previous tree broke, but no lights to fight with is a silver lining

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->