Trees! (Plans and pics)

Totally! Wish we didn't have to struggle with lights either! But that reminds me I need to buy a new chain as ours is about 30m too long :haha:

We used to have a pre lit tree. It was so handy and was a lovely tree too....until I snipped the cable one year putting it away. Gutted!

I wanted a new tree this year but going to wait as hopefully we will move next year (think I've been saying that for about 3 years now :xmas11:)

I am definitely looking forward to not battling with the lights! No matter what I did i could still see the wires and it would drive me mad!

Sainsburys have a nice one in for £40 it's 6ft instead of 7ft... I may get that instead. The size doesn't matter :rofl:

I picked up a cool rubix tree ornament in sainsburys yesterday because thomas is obsessed... I didnt realise that its glass and accidentally smashed the corner off. Hopefully my husband can salvage it.

Such a shame about the rubix decoration! I hope it can be mended

That sounds like a lovely ornament. Hopefully it can be fixed.

I find it really interesting how different countries celebrate differently. It definitely helps understand how santa gets everywhere too

My dad's side of the family is Norwegian, and growing up our main Christmas celebration was on Christmas Eve with the whole extended family (back to my great grandma and all of her descendants). After dinner everyone else did all their presents. But Christmas morning presents was my mom's tradition growing up, so after they had kids they ended up doing presents on Christmas morning with us, but we'd get to open a couple things on Christmas Eve with all the cousins so we didn't feel left out) - always pajamas, and a present of our choice from under the tree at home (not our main one though), and then from my grandparents, and the secret Santa cousins gift exchange.
Our family was too big to exchange presents with *everyone*, so all the adult couples drew names for another couple to buy for each year, and then same for the cousins in my generation.
Christmas morning we'd open our stockings in my parents' bed when we woke up, and then after breakfast (cinnamon buns and spiced fruit) we'd open the rest of our presents before church.

I love how varied Christmas traditions are :).

I'm usually a "tree up on December 1 and left up until after Epiphany" person, but we are living with my MIL, and I'm pretty sure she's a "tree up no earlier than a week before Christmas, and down on boxing day person" :(. We also don't have any keepsake ornaments or anything - that was never a tradition we started (and inevitably it would get knocked over at least a couple times every year and any nice ornaments I had bought would be ruined lol. So for the last 10 years our Christmas decorations have been whatever I managed to get for free from someone changing their Christmas decor lol.

NDH my grandmother was Norwegian! :)

We had big Christmasses like that with uncles and cousins when we were growing up and it was just wonderful! I really miss that and wish my boys could experience it too.

Beautiful tree Leonie!!

As we are spending the winter on the east coast (proper cold white winter) this year, we are thinking of also getting a real tree for outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->