Trimester 9 & 3/4: For All of Us "In Between" Ladies

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
First off yay if you got the Harry Potter reference lol...:happydance:

Ive seen a lot of posts from ladies who are close to the end of 2nd tri but dont feel like they are ready for 3rd tri or like they fit in there, and also are over 2nd tri as well and just dont fit in either place. So thought I would start this thread for us In Between ladies.

Just a place to get away from gender scans and labor stories. Discuss nursery themes...picking out gear..baby showers..anything that us In-Betweeners might relate to... :thumbup:

We are still in the basic nursery stages and its killing me lol..still not painted..still have wainscoting to put up...seems like she'll be here before the nursery is ready..I have a baby shower two weekends from now..and cant wait to see what we get but also annoyed that I wont be able to set it up in the nursery yet...:dohh:..everything we have so far is stashed in the closet in the nursery to be out of the way....when is everyone hoping to have the nursery finished....when are you going to start washing the baby clothes...and when are you going to start prepping the rest of the house...:shrug: I want to do so much now but also want to wait until serious nesting kicks in..otherwise I wont have anything to do then..

I am feeling the same way, hubby promised to do the painting this week and well it's Thursday and nothing yet! We already have the paint and the masking tape so I'm going to suggest that we at least mask it off tonight and paint on Saturday. He'll be out of town all next week and I just want it done-I want the paint fumes to be completely out of the room too by the time she is here.

I would honestly like to have EVERYTHING done-including the showers-and the nursery-clothes washing etc. by Oct. 1st. That'll give me just over four weeks (if she comes on time) to relax and finish up last minute things that I might think of. I would also like to take those last four weeks to prepare my hospital bag and to actually prepare myself for what is to happen-up until now it's just been about baby baby baby and keeping her healthy and I think I'll need a little support and TLC in the days leading up to the big day!

Good plan batman!!! I'm with you on feeling "stuck" at the moment!!

Our nursery was plastered and decorated a year before we conceived this little bundle as we had many times where we were pregnant but sadly it didn't last. Now that we are having a healthy baby we have bought all of the big items - pram, cot, dresser/changing unit, rocking chair etc etc but my hubby still won't let me set it all up yet!!

He says he wants everything in place so that he can put it all together in one go and I'll come home to find it done - which is very sweet but also annoying as I want to do it now!!!

The blinds I ordered should be ready next week so I'm hoping that next weekend it will all get set up!! I am so excited already!!

Once the furniture is in place I'll start to wash and pack away the clothing etc but I don't want to start that task until I have draws to put things in!!

The rest of the house is also taking a bit of a blitzing at the moment - since March by husband has plastered all of the bedrooms, the hall/stairs and landing and then decorated it and had new carpets done!! Next week the dining room and living room will be attacked with force and then hopefully we should have a baby ready house!!!!

i don't think I'll have anything done - i'm just so tired! I have LOADS of baby clothes to wash - and I yet to paint the nursery :(

Im trying to find cute wicker baskets with the fabric insets to put in the closet and stuff for the clothes..but can never find ones I like that arent crazy expensive..

I want to have a baby area set up in the living room...with wipes..diapers..a few changes of clothes..etc...thats where the pack n play will be since I dont want to spend alll day in the bed room or in the nursery...we'll have a bassinet in our bedroom for the first month or so..but I want to get her transitioned to her nursery as soon as possible..my cousin had a little girl and she never got her transitioned to her own bed..shes 1 now and wont go to sleep in her own room coz her mom never made her so I definitely want to avoid that..we are getting the motion monitor for her crib so I will feel better about having her in there too...

I cant wait to see all her cute clothes in the closet! and see the nursery complete..I want to help as much as I can..another reason I want to hurry..dont want to be so big I cant put the crib together lol..

I am one of the people who posted about this issue not too long ago. Feel past 2nd but don't feel would fit in 3rd quite yet either.

Our nursery is still very much in the works. We have it painted and curtains up, but still need to get the wall hangings up and figure out the configuration of where everything will go still. I actually have my first baby shower this Saturday and can't wait. Really excited because my mom will be able to be there since she is flying in for the week. I can't wait to find out what getting. My husband told me I should send all the stuff back with his mom right after the shower, but I was like no way. I want to play with all the stuff with my mom over the weekend and our visit together. He thinks I'm weird nontheless for this but I'm sure I'm not the only one, or am I?

I really want to get everything done, ready, bought, and set up by the end of the 8th month. I just don't want the stress of worrying about if I have everything. Also knowing me I will still forget something so this will give me time still for the things that I do forget. Although don't plan on washing the blankets and clothes and such till about week 37-38.

anyone having a shower during this in-between time? I know a lot of people wait till a lot later..Im having this upcoming one I'll be right at 27 weeks after it..and then my next one in August I'll be right at 32 weeks after and then having another one in September lol lol..Im gonna be showered out..

anyone having a shower during this in-between time? I know a lot of people wait till a lot later..Im having this upcoming one I'll be right at 27 weeks after it..and then my next one in August I'll be right at 32 weeks after and then having another one in September lol lol..Im gonna be showered out..

Wow you are quite lucky having 3 showers. I will be having 2 but honestly wish it could just be one, but unfortuanately can't combine them due to health reasons of a family member. I am going to be having my first one this saturday so will be almost exactly 25 weeks.

Haha! Love Harry Potter!

I feel at the inbetweeny stage too. I have next to nothing done, I still need to do the nursery (literally everything bar paint) and I'm moving into the room next to the nursery so that needs doing too. I feel really stress about it but won't actually make a move to do anything - I think my subconscious is scared!

Wow you are quite lucky having 3 showers. I will be having 2 but honestly wish it could just be one, but unfortuanately can't combine them due to health reasons of a family member. I am going to be having my first one this saturday so will be almost exactly 25 weeks.

I know I didnt think I would even be having one to be honest!! I dont live close to any family..everyone is atleast 3 hours away...and no real friends (none that I thought would offer to host a shower) here since I dont work and dont go to school or church..those are the biggest ways of making friends in this area... but our neighbor offered to have one with a few friends here so there will only like like..8 people there..that is the August one..then I found out my mom and g-ma wanted to do one at home..that is the one in two weeks..and then my step mom and my other g-ma..my dads mom..said they wanted to have one with that side of the family..lol..I would much rather it be one big one but because my family is so complicated and has so many other things going on its pretty impossible lol.. but Im excited none the less..I cant wait to make cute cupcakes and stuff for them..and see people I hardly get to see anymore.. :happydance: oh and babystuff..that doesnt hurt either lol..

I'm coming up to third tri now. I've had a few peeks in the third tri forums but I don't feel far enough gone for them yet. Especially with my tiny bump! I think I'm getting a complex about it, even though I know I'm measuring fine.

Today was my last day of work. I've got a couple of weeks of annual leave and my husband has the first one off too so I'm planning on resting. Then I'm getting on to the mammoth task of sorting and washing everything we've been given and buying and washing everything we still need.

Im hoping my hubby can get atleast a few days of parental leave..I actually want him to take them the week AFTER LO is home..so he can be here when his parents are because his mom drives me crazy and I dont know if I can handle her stressing me out without him to buffer lol lol...

I'm still trying to decide when to go on maternity leave. I'll be having a year off and feel like I could leave tomorrow! All I know is it'll be sometime in September as I have 5 weeks holiday to take before maternity leave starts. Decisions decisions ...

:-D hiii!!! only just under a week for me..... to scared to pop over to 3rd tri early like i did with 2nd tri

anyone know why all the preggie books say 3rd tri starts at 25 weeks? both the book my dr gave me and my belly book say week 24 is the last 2nd tri week..so why does B&B say 27 weeks?

Hhhmmm everything I've read saying that 3rd trimester starts at either 27 or 28 weeks. I'm not sure but I don't feel ready for 3rd trimester yet so I'm happy to stay here for a while and perhaps sneak a peak now and again at 3rd trimester.

I feel like we're getting quite organised. Our nursery is decorated and just awaiting furniture which should come in September. I've bought a tonne of clothes but none of it has been washed yet and I don't plan on doing that till I go on maternity leave which is on the 9th of September which means I'll be 35 weeks pregnant.

is anyone going with a set theme nursery wise..like..buying the whole themed bedding/nursery set? we are just going with pastel fitted sheets and stuff in different patterns so it will go but not be too matchy...that way if you have to wash something it doesnt look weird missing a certain part because Im super OCD and that would just annoy me lol..having to put a different sheet that might not match lol..I would rather it be mix and match in the first place lol lol..

I am in the same boat. Dh's friend is an airbrush artist & is going to paint a Disney scene in the nursery but can't do it until august:( so I have all the boxes with furniture etc sitting in my entryway...just sitting & staring at the stacks of boxes is driving me bonkers:wacko:

Oh yes-dh & I decided on purple & butterflies, so I ordered bedding & decorations etc with furniture-then on vacation dh decided he wants Disney theme instead because we purchased this awesome Mickey Minnie & Pluto painting at the art auction & he wants it in the nursery...so I am really hoping his friend who will be painting the nursery can get creative & combine butterflies AND disney. I know the Disney princesses would go great with purple butterflies but somehow cant picture Mickey & Minnie. Oh well....patience is a virtue:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->