Tropical drink kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie000

Reaction score
I need your help making a gift basket for my OH.

For the last few weeks I have been asking OH what he wanted for Christmas, and he kept saying nothing. That, or a toaster, because ours broke.
Yesterday, he told me that the only thing he really wanted was a vacation in the south where he could sit in a pool all week and have unlimited drinks. Of course we can't afford that! But I was thinking of giving him a "tropical drinks" kit. I am looking for ideas of what to put in it. Here are the ideas I have so far:

- bottle of rum
- pineapple juice
- coconut cream
- maraschino cherries
- drink umbrellas

any other ideas?

malibu, ice packets (the plastic bag things), straws, cocktail glass xx

Ice cube tray (novelty shaped) and a pair of joke novelty sunglasses x

This thread is so wrong, i should be thinking about snow and frost and snowmen. But all that is in my head is hot beach in mexico!!!
:haha:

A book of cocktail recipes? Or print your own recipe cards to save money.

Bottle of lemonade, grenadine syrup? If your budget will stretch, maybe one more variety of alcohol so he can make a range of cocktails (you could google rum-based cocktails?).

Limes go well with rum, you could get a little net of limes at your very last shop before Christmas they should keep at least 5 days at room temperature.

How about something from this site? https://www.bespokebarware.com/shop/category/tiki/

I have the coconut cups which I love, but there are loads to choose from x

Pure orange juice
Hawaiian flower necklace
Cocktail tumblers
Bottle of sand
Peach schnapps

Raspberry vodka 👍 sex on the beach ingredients (peach snapchs, vodka, oj and cranvberry juice)

I might be getting a bit carried away now, but amazon have got inflatable palm trees, coconut bras, grass skirts and all sorts of silly bits and bobs, you could make him a whole tropical island.

thanks for all the suggestions!

I wish I could have gotten more, but I was limited to what I could find in nearby stores (I don't drive, so any shopping outside walking distance I do with OH)

I got:
- bottle of white rum
- coconut cream
- cherries
- pineapple juice
- ice cube trays for star / hearth-shaped cubes
- flower necklace
- drink umbrellas
- drink stirrers

The local liquor store didn't have grenadine syrup, and I couldn't find fun novelty glasses. We already have a book of cocktail recipes and a shaker.

I will try to schedule for my parents or my brother to take lo for a weekend soon so we can have a little vacation at home.

I might stop by the store again and get some cranberry juice and limes. I really want to wrap the whole thing soon though... it's all hidden in a box downstairs and I'm worried he'd accidentally find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"