Trouble drinking the required amount of water

21yrsurvivor

Reaction score
Hi ladies, so sorry for all the posts I have had, but this is the one place that helps me get through some tough times.

Anyway, do any of you ladies have a a terrible time drinking the required amount of water the doctor tells you while pregnant? My doctor says to drink 10-12 cups of water a day! And yes I know I'm probably going to get my blown back here but on avg I can only drink 4 cups of water a day. There have been a few times I did 8 but was MISERABLE!!! My urine likes to get dark when I'm not drinking enough water. Part of my problem is that I have been so nauseated I can't even drink water without feeling like it's going to come back up.

Anyone else in the same boat and have the darkening urine?

When I was pregnant I had a strong aversion to water. I could stomach it if ice cold for a while, but I mostly drank diluted frozen juice for my entire pregnancy. It was basically just sugar water, but I could drink a ton of it and I got most of my fluid intake that way. Iced tea also went down easily.

When I was pregnant I had a strong aversion to water. I could stomach it if ice cold for a while, but I mostly drank diluted frozen juice for my entire pregnancy. It was basically just sugar water, but I could drink a ton of it and I got most of my fluid intake that way. Iced tea also went down easily.

Thank you for responding. Between not eating and drinking much (because of my nausea, and got sick a few hours ago and I feel like I'm going to be sick again) anyway when I don't have much during the day I sometimes drink gatoraid because it's a liquid and there is sugar in it. Did you ever have a problem with your urine being really dark and very potent smelling?

Yes! I have always been terrible with drinking water but morning sickness and fatigue has really brought my already low intake down further.

Adding a little lemon to my water has helped me get it down a little better but I still don't drink even eight glasses. I'm trying but everyday is a struggle.

Yes! I have always been terrible with drinking water but morning sickness and fatigue has really brought my already low intake down further.

Adding a little lemon to my water has helped me get it down a little better but I still don't drink even eight glasses. I'm trying but everyday is a struggle.

Thank you so much for writing. It's good to know I'm not the only one with a water aversion. People look at you like you're crazy when you say water. It's not the taste (obviously) I think it's just having a bad gag reflex right now. Before I was pregnant my body didn't consume 8 cups of water anyway, so now it's really hard for me to suddenly drink that much.

I had heard something about the lemon but I'm afraid to try because sometimes the smallest hint of flavor sends me into automatic nausea, because of this I'm barely eating too.!

It may be worth checking your urine at the doctor's...I struggle to drink & eat very much at all & have been pretty sick.
I was only peeing once a day & it was VERY dark, I was starting to feel really faint, went to my doctor's & he said I had 4+ ketones & needed to go to hospital.
I was put on a drip & felt so much better, it's happened a few times now, so definitely something to keep an eye on. I was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum.
I'm on 3 types of anti sickness medication which is helping an awful lot!
Being dehydrated will make you more nauseous aswell.
:hugs:

I normally love water, but just can't keep it down atm! I've been keeping myself at least a little hydrated with juice. Not ideal, but better than being dehydrated.
Hopefully it improves in second trimester!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->