True Blood Season 5

oh my gosh! it was amazing tonight! was this the season finale?

Yes.

It damn well friggin' better be amazing. I'm still really unimpressed with this season. :nope:

Ack! Spoilers!
I won't get to see it until Wed!
Tiff - I felt that way last year. The whole 4th season felt pretty lame to me. Somehow, this one isn't so bad, but I realized that they have a hell of a lot of storylines to resolve in one episode. Was it a double ep, or just a single?

I haven't seen it yet either. :haha: Now what am I supposed to do between now and October when Vampire Diaries starts again??? I hope it doesn't have two long hiatuses like it did last season. :haha:

Hmmmm.
Not sure at all what I thought of this ending. All sorts of funny and lame, I guess? I thought that I had it all figured out that Bill was not really in sway to Lilith, but somehow controlling the other vamps through that, but nope. He's a real nutter and now what? Her embodiment on earth? And Andy Bellefleur is now the parent of four half-fairy daughters? That one was on the lame side. Also, I need to go back and watch this season again because I am totally confused as to why Jason is so anti-vamp now? Anyway, better than last year, but still only a meh+ for me. :)

The whole season was a bit ... lame imo. :/

Yup, that about sums it up for me too. Saw the season finale: Meh. Let's hope next season is a bit better.

I could not get through this season. I ended up reading recaps most way through. So disappointed where this show has gone. Right now trying to chop down on a reading list, but once I am done, I'm reading the sookie stack house books.

am i watching the same show as the rest of you?!

Its all personal opinion :flower: Just cuz I really disliked this season doesn't mean everyone else should as well.

I loved last season whereas Sarah was "meh" about it. LOL!

I feel that they threw too many things at us this season. The plot was just starting to get semi decent with the Fairy thing and then it ends. :shrug:

i do agree with that, the fairy story line and russell eddington, kind of ended ubruptly! i do like the bill storyline though:)

I was having fun for awhile and then wound up feeling impatient and rolling my eyes as the plot started to get over the top implausible. Which is saying something considering that this is fantasy and I am already willingly suspending my disbelief. The first three seasons were really good for me because they somehow struck just the right balance of fantasy and reality. Enough that they could make fun of themselves and I still bought the storylines.
As for the fairy storyline:
Even ending as ridiculously and abruptly as it did (and um, that fairy birth scene was just silly), the fairy plot on the show still came nowhere near as stupid and sloppy as it was in the book. :nope: Charlaine Harris should be blushing over that plot line. It would have failed in a high school creative writing class.

i just see it as entertainment, an easy read or watch:)

That's awesome you find it entertaining. :D I wish I could! Roll on September and October for some more shows, its been a crappy summer of boring (to me ) True Blood and reruns. ;)

I was having fun for awhile and then wound up feeling impatient and rolling my eyes as the plot started to get over the top implausible. Which is saying something considering that this is fantasy and I am already willingly suspending my disbelief. The first three seasons were really good for me because they somehow struck just the right balance of fantasy and reality. Enough that they could make fun of themselves and I still bought the storylines.
As for the fairy storyline:
Even ending as ridiculously and abruptly as it did (and um, that fairy birth scene was just silly), the fairy plot on the show still came nowhere near as stupid and sloppy as it was in the book. :nope: Charlaine Harris should be blushing over that plot line. It would have failed in a high school creative writing class.

Agree with your spoiler 110 percent !! lol :thumbup:

I got pretty bored with this season (didnt stop me watching it every monday lunchtime though) so re read all the stackhouse books and a few select eppisodes of season 4.
I was a bit annoyed they realy playef up this warlow thing then didnt go anywhere with it though.
Im guessing hes the big bad guy in the next season although not sure how they are going to do it as its nothing to do with the books.
There is a chatecter in the books though that I think they may change to this one but nora seems to know who warlow is so im guessing eric does

I have to say I was also rather unimpressed with this season versus previous ones. It never held my attention for an entire episode where as before I watched the whole show with interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->