Trying before AF?

jaggers

Mom of 1, hope for 2!
Reaction score
Just wondering of those who did m/c and then get a BFP before AF arrived did everything go ok? Did you have another m/c? Did you think it was related to waiting or not waiting?

Hi there,

I haven't got pg again yet but I'm hoping I am as I am still waiting for first AF. I have looked for the same answers and there are loads of ladies with success stories and also some with stories of further mc, but from those I have read the 2nd mc straight after 1st mc isn't usually considered to be a cause....if that makes sense. If your body is ready to get pg again it will be fine and not cause a mc.....and if there is another cause such as low progesterone then it would cause mc whether you wait until after AF or not. Hope that helps a bit, but I felt the same at first, now I'm just excited to see if I am pg again or not!! Xxx

Hello I had a MC last month too and I am trying before AF. My GP told me there was no known medical reason why I shouldn't if we felt up to it. We do! So were ploughing on!

At the end of the day, what will be, will be.:thumbup:

In march i had a MC at 5 weeks and got pregnant straight away before an AF. I then MC in april at the 5 week mark as well. If ur body isnt ready to be pregnant again your body wont let you so there is no medical reason to wait (unless u were far along of course)

For my next BFP my Dr. will have me get blood taken ASAP to see if my progesterone levels are too low which may be causeing my early MC. But she personally thinks it was just 2 unlucky times with bad chromosomes splitting.

I am not waiting this cycle either for another AF. I am just goin to let nature take its course.

I did notice that I ov'd a week later than i normally would have after my 1st MC, and I am yet to ov after my 2nd (but if it follows suit of my last one... i prob wont ov until next week)

Good luck my dear! :flower:

I'm so sorry about your losses Little J. We both MC on the same day 17th April :hugs: I hope you get your sticky bean.

It all depends on your circumstances, how far along you were and how you feel before you start trying again. :flower:

I'm so sorry about your losses Little J. We both MC on the same day 17th April :hugs: I hope you get your sticky bean.

It all depends on your circumstances, how far along you were and how you feel before you start trying again. :flower:

I just noticed that! sorry for your loss as well :hugs:

I think we are on the road to our sticky bean, just likes being stubborn (like me:haha:) Im just glad my Dr. is doing somthing and doing some tests to help me relax so i dont feel ignored.

Its true also....once your emotionally ready itll be easier, if ur not...its just gunna cause more stress etc in the future if it doenst happen right away (or if u MC again)

The 2nd MC was still sad and i have a place in my heart for that little one, but i was in a better mind set that it will happen for me and itll be extra special when i do get my sticky bean. They dont call babies "miracles" for nothing

Hope you guys yours soon too hun!

That's such a lovely attitude to have.

I'm sure you will get your sticky one!:dust:

The body is strong, not weak! It doesn't want us or the baby to be poorly (especially for MCs like us at 5 weeks) so it decides it's not for the best.

GL to all the girls on this thread. :bfp: all round!

Here here flapjack!!! Baby dust to all of you ladies and let's see if we can create our own success stories of creating our rainbow babies before first AF after a mc xxxxx

I'm just waiting for results back from the lab... And then we will be trying!

We have tried for years and I'm not gonna give up now! I will be pregnant again :)

I'm just waiting for results back from the lab... And then we will be trying!

We have tried for years and I'm not gonna give up now! I will be pregnant again :)

great attitude!! were all here with you for the the ride!

I tried before first AF, but for me it wasn't possible. My cycle was 40 days. I O'd on CD32. My LP was only 8-9 days. I figured if my body wasn't ready I wouldn't get pg. I was still heartbroken when AF showed and got me early. I had cramping all week after O, thought I was pg... and she got me.

I hope it turns out better for you! :hugs:

I finally got my EWCM iv been waiting for since my 2nd MC in april!

Hoping for a BFP this month but wont be dissapointed if i dont....just knowing my cycle is back to normal makes me excited!! (I Ov'd the same time i usually would!! where as with my first early MC i Ov'd a week later than normal!)

Hopefully we get our STICKY BFP after a MC and before an AF :happydance:

GL little j! FX for your sticky BFP! We've tried to BD as much as possible I've got a sore back now :haha:

If no BFP this month I'm getting OPKs so i know for sure when I ovulate!

Isn't it weird that I actually had ovulation pains and I've never had/noticed them before.

When are you first testing? I'm gonna test on the 15th or you just gonna wait until you miss period?

GL little j! FX for your sticky BFP! We've tried to BD as much as possible I've got a sore back now :haha:

If no BFP this month I'm getting OPKs so i know for sure when I ovulate!

Isn't it weird that I actually had ovulation pains and I've never had/noticed them before.

When are you first testing? I'm gonna test on the 15th or you just gonna wait until you miss period?

OPK's NEVER worked for me....and i cant figure out why bc obviously i Ovulate sicne iv been pregnant 2 times! Iv noticed pains on my left side.... which i never could pin point ov pains, but im thinking its cus i was eating that soy at the beg. of my cycle so it musta made my ov stronger (which its suppost to do)

umm... i usually test when i start feeling sypmtoms which for me us usually 11-12 DPO. So i think ill probably test before i miss my period. Since i usually MC at 5 weeks which is about a few days after my miss period I want to test prior so my Dr. can get my blood drawn to check my progesterone levels. I want to be able to get supplements in time before another MC can occur if its actually the root cause for my other MC.

So im thinking ill count today as Ov... so ill prob. test the 18th or 19th.

If i dont get a BFP this cycle, i think it wont be too let down....for the fact its probably best anyways for my body to get back to normal, but if i do get a BFP ill be excited! And hopefully get the help i need from the Dr. to prevent any future MC. Good luck my dear!! keep me informed!!

oh and hope your back is ok! :haha:

thats too funny!

Hi ladies!
I found out on 19th April at the scan that I'd had a missed miscarriage,
I then had my d&c op on 26th.

As soon as I've stopped bleeding (currently its like a very light period), then well bd loads and take it as it comes. Hopefully we do get a BFP instead of af, but if af comes then my cycle I'll use opk's to try and catch that month.

Hi ladies!
I found out on 19th April at the scan that I'd had a missed miscarriage,
I then had my d&c op on 26th.

As soon as I've stopped bleeding (currently its like a very light period), then well bd loads and take it as it comes. Hopefully we do get a BFP instead of af, but if af comes then my cycle I'll use opk's to try and catch that month.

Im sorry for your loss hun :hugs: Id be careful BDing right after your done bleeding since you had a D&C. You are very suceptible for an infection:nope: Dr.s usually recommend for women who have had D&C to wait 2 weeks before being intimate again.

I just wanted to make sure your aware just so it doenst set you back more in TTC if indeed somthing like that happens...

when did u ov before you were pregnant? were u regular?

Looks like hubby and I are NTNP this month. I'm so scared that if I take and something happens again I'll beat myself up for not waiting, but after waiting for over 3 years and watching everyone around me have their one, or more babies it also hurts to wait. I'm tracking and temping to prep for next month. It's nice to have others who are in the same boat...

Looks like hubby and I are NTNP this month. I'm so scared that if I take and something happens again I'll beat myself up for not waiting, but after waiting for over 3 years and watching everyone around me have their one, or more babies it also hurts to wait. I'm tracking and temping to prep for next month. It's nice to have others who are in the same boat...

i felt the same way....id kick myself if i didnt give my body time if i had another MC but id also get mad at myself for not giving it the opportunity.....i feel like i can better live with myself for letting what eevr happens happen..... if my body wasnt ready, it wouldnt allow it. Thats my take on it!

Couldn't agree more little j, if my body isnt ready then I won't get pg. what will be will be I think.

Jagger - I am also ntnp now...I was getting too mad at negative opk's when I thought I had O pains, I really think opk's don't work for me and I was only ntnp when I got pg last time so I'm just going to do that for a couple of months and see how it goes.

I still have 9 more days until AF is due, I think I'm at 9dpo now so I could test tomorrow if my digi arrives in the post, I'm not sure if I want to wait a couple more days to guarantee a BFP if I am pg. I only tested when I missed AF last time as I was all new to ttc and didn't realise you could test so soon! What do you think I should do ladies???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->