Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

Sorry about the BFN dream. I will happen for you one day. Big hugs.

Lee - yes they have and I don’t like it. Nobody likes change

Hi Ladies,

Yes, they did something to the website and now it says I have never posted etc. lol. Took forever to find you guys. Don't like it! (Next step... get it working on my phone again.) Oy.

Nix and Dream -- I have never done the sugar cleanse, however a woman I work with did it and just never stopped. She still strictly eats no sugar. She lost a ton of weight and her skin looks amazing. I don't think you have to be over the top strict about it to get great results. Good luck!

Dream -- I am sorry about the BFN :(

Nix -- Fun!! Where are you going on holiday?

Lee -- Great! You'll have to come here tonight and let us know what's up. Have you talked to your hubby about his results at all? How are you guys feeling?

AFM. We are rearranging the house so that the office, which is next to our bedroom, can become the nursery, so that's fun (not really, it's not the fun stuff yet lol). But mostly pregnancy is a whoooooole lot of waiting around :). As long as everything goes well next week, though, it's all good.

What is everyone doing this weekend? Fun plans?

Sorry about the BFN dream. I will happen for you one day. Big hugs.

Lee - yes they have and I don’t like it. Nobody likes change

I don’t like it either! I’m so lost lol.

Welp the doc believes I have a mild form of PCOS and put me on Metformin even though I’m not diabetic and it’s a diabetic medication. If that doesn’t work in 3 months then Clomid. Just happy to finally have answers. I have too many follicles.

Lee - I am so glad you followed your instincts and went to the doc. You finally have some answers and something to work with!!

Hey Lee. My friend takes metformin for PCOS and has done for years. She’s not diabetic either. That’s a standard med for PCOS in the uk. It’s also standard for diabetics.

AFM -major flop on the sugar front this weekend. I had a few ciders today and I feel like crap for it. 12DPO tomorrow so AF will come tomorrow or Tuesday. Hoping she’s a no show

Who would have thought that a diabetic med would help with PCOS haha weird! But I guess it has to do with insulin resistance and a bunch of stuff I don't understand lol. I'm feeling shitty cuz I have a damn cold. Would be nice if it was due to pregnancy, but highly unlikely. I'm at work feeling blah. DH and I celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary on Friday (7 years together total) :) I've been feeling much better since being diagnosed on Friday and just anxiously awaiting to take the medication once my doc says I can start (waiting on blood work on liver/kidney functions to get back). I'm feeling more hopeful. Well I don't have the energy right now to write to everyone, I'm sorry. Gonna go be lousy at work lol thankfully I'm alone in the office today. I'll be back!

Hey Lee, at least you know what it is now. You can create a plan with your docs and attack it from all angles. I’m sure you’ll see your bfp real soon

12DPO here and temp is sky high. Af is due today today or tomorrow. One odd thing I’ve had this month is I have been sneezing constantly since 6DPO. We’ve had DHs mums fur babies but I have been away from them for the past 32 hours and I’m still sneezing. I’m not even allergic to dogs. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
This new page is still throwing me off, especially because some of you guys don't have pictures anymore lol. Well I'm still sick, slowly getting better. Anxiously awaiting my doc to call today to say I can take the Metformin tonight. I got anxious and called them yesterday lol.

AF was due yesterday or today, but I know I'm not prego cuz I did get lab work back yesterday that says HCG is 0 (didn't even know they checked for that the other day) and now just waiting on liver/kidney function lab work results. I'm anxious to take Metformin even tho I know it has crappy side effects, no pun intended... side effects = upset stomach and diarrhea. I haven't purchased OPKs in ages because I kinda just gave up, but I'm going to buy them today so that I get start tracking O again since I may actually O now. Feeling better mentally since getting the diagnosis and going the next step.

Props to those of you doing sugar detox! I tried that recently for a week but I donno what happened lol I got off it I guess. I have to try and lay off the carbs my doc said, ughhhh.

Lady A - That's sweet that you talk to the baby and I would be doing the same. I have heard that they recognize voices. When the baby is born will your SO be living with you? I hope you'll send bump photos for us soon!

Nix - Dogsitting is so much fun! And thank you, our pup is our baby :) I always tell DH if we can't have babies then we will have more dogs. Looks like me, you, and Dream are all on the same cycle day haha and I have been looking into Metformin and it seems it's a miracle drug for women with PCOS, so hopefully! When the doc first mentioned it I thought she was trying to tell me I had diabetes lol I was like how?! My sugars are always fine! Phew. And FX for you. I'll be checking to see if you have any news in the next few days.

Dream - That's funny, animals are so curious. Looks like me, you, and Nix are all on the same cycle day haha

Stella - Thank you! Our dog also wants to watch us when we are in the bathroom lolol and if we are both in the bathrooms then he starts barking cuz we left him alone lol :/ he has some separation anxiety. We have been feeling good since I got my PCOS diagnosis. And I can't wait to set up the nursery. I just told DH the other day that the DAY I found out I'm pregnant I'm starting on the baby's room lolol.

Metformin is great for losing weight as well. My friend lost loads on it. It has its perks.

We had to give the pups back today, sad times. I’m gonna miss them.

I tested today and BFN, not even a squinter

47503724-E890-41A4-81FD-03966BC3CE11.jpeg

I never test. If I wasn’t going away I wouldn’t have. Still no AF so I’ll see what happens by tomorrow morning.

I hate seeing BFNs

Oh booooo Nix :( for a sec I thought I may have seen a faint something, but not sure. My AF hasn't arrived yet either, but I do know I'm not prego since they did an HCG test Saturday and my PCOS just makes my AF irregular. I read that Metformin helps lose weight but glad to know that your friend did lose weight on it.

Ladies I am VERY frustrated! Shocking right lol I called my doc yesterday and when they checked my blood for liver/kidney functions before I can take the Metformin, it came back that my liver test came back slightly elevated and I have no idea why so I have a phone consultation w/ my doc tomorrow... but because of that, I have to wait 4 fucking weeks to check my blood again!! And I can't take the Metformin until I get the ok from my doc :( DH was sweet and kept saying he was sorry that I got that news but it's no ones fault. I don't drink really and I just take the meds I'm supposed to, so not sure why. The nurse thought maybe my cholesterol med and DH read that it can just happen sometimes. I also wonder if it's cuz I'm sick and I took ibuprofen the night before my blood work cuz I had a sore throat. Oh I don't know :( just sucks.

Nix, I am sorry. I hope you are having a lovely time on vacation.

Dream, Hope all is well.

Lee, How did the phone consult with the doctor go? Did he/she say anything about your kidney function and why it may come back that way?

AFM, 12 week check up was yesterday, heard the heartbeat at 155. I would say we'll go public now but all sets of grandparents have already been blabbing away lol.

Stella - How will you announce it? I love pregnancy announcements :) the phone consult went well. She said it could be 1 of 2 things... fatty liver aka fat cells inside the liver due to obesity or hepatitis but he and I were tested for the main 2 strains of hep and I have no reason to believe I would ever have hep. I'm overweight... 5'5 and 217 lbs sooooo my guess is obesity. She just thinks I should follow up with my primary care as well to see if they wanna run their own blood work or an ultrasound to make sure that's what it is. I am also getting blood with the fertility clinic on the 29th to recheck. Yesterday I ordered a cook book on amazon for people newly diagnosed with PCOS and it has a meal plan with it. This is it, I need to really lose weight because it's clearly hurting my body. She did say that my levels aren't super high so I COULD take the Metformin, but she just wants to hold off to be safe.

Our 4 year wedding anniversary is today :) so we are going to dinner tonight and just enjoying the night. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll check in as usual :)

Man super sick today, huge waves of nausea and dry heaved trying to puke. Might have ate something bad but been really bloated and had really sensitive breast a day ago for 4-5 days.i hate this, it's probably a ruptured cyst but I hate the hope it fucking gives you...

Hey lovelies, I've read all your comments, and am always following along, when I can find them! ...I'm afraid I'm here for a mega rant today, I needed to rant somewhere, and I know you lot always listen!

Just me that's really struggling to find things now they've changed the layout on this page?? ...Been to midwife today at 33+6, and she's referred me for a growth scan in the morning because bump is measuring small. I get that it's part of the procedure, but it annoys me that so much of this comes from a graph. How can you measure something on a graph that is different for every woman? ...I was born 3 weeks early at 6lb half an ounce, and so was my brother. I'm only small, im about 5ft 4, and my bmi is pretty low, therefore it's quite likely that I will carry a small baby, but my midwife just wants to look at graphs and charts, and never thinks about these things. Last time I was measured, baby was head down, feet in my ribs, in a straight line, so bump was quite big, this time she is still head down, but bum to the left and feet to the right, so almost curled up in a ball. Therefore, bump smaller. the cross is still between the two lines, but not quite where she wants it to be, so I'm having to go for this appointment. I would understand it if i was having reduced movements or anything like that, but she never stops kicking!

I don't even think its the being sent for a scan that's the issue, it is just my particular midwife. She is so impersonal. She talks to my green book more than she does to me, never tells me what she's writing, or why, and often makes up half the answers. This time she wrote down that I was emotionally well, without even asking me! ...She had a student in this time, who was lovely, but clearly very new, and she paid little or no attention to her either. When the student took my pulse, she told the midwife it was 66, and the midwife wrote it down, and moved on, at which point i half jokingly said 'It's never been that low before', and was ignored by the midwife. The student took it again, at which point she realized it was 75, but didn't change what she had written down! ...I also told her I have been having quite a few moments of palpitations, and a very fast resting pulse, and she just said ok, and moved on, making no note of it or anything. They go on and on about how when pregnant, you should tell the midwife everything, even if it is the tiniest thing, but as soon as I tell my midwife something she can't read off a chart, she seems to just ignore it! She didn't even mention my urine test, even though they've been dodgy the last two I've handed in (student said today's was clear), and hasn't approached a birth plan either. It's lucky I know what I want!

Sorry, rant over, I can't wait to have my little one in my arms, and be living life as a new little family! Hope you're all doing ok, I'm always keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

Hi Ladies, I hope you are all doing well, didn't really catch up with the posts yet. I had a death in the family, it is still tough to come to a normal routine, which I know I need to, at least for the baby. I will try to come here more often.. Even if I don't post, reading your posts, and knowing your updates help..

p.s. Is it just me, or does this website has gone all different?

Lady_Alysanne - Good to hear from you. Sorry for your loss. 30 Weeks, wow. Time is flying.

Not much going on with me CD13 and a negative OPK. DH and I have decided to do the 4th and final IUI in December now instead of November. Just as a final hail mary for 2018 hoping for a BFP and if not it seems like a good time to close that chapter and move on to IVF in the new year.

Moose - Sorry you're sick. Hopefully it's a good sign.

Zoboe - I felt uncomfortable FOR you!! I would switch your midwife if you can. I wouldn't feel comfortable with her and her nurse. They don't seem to care!

Lady A - Sorry to hear. Deaths are never easy and glad to see you pop in. Yes they changed the site... it's super weird to get used to.

Dream - Sounds like a good plan. How many embryos will they place inside you for IVR? My doc said they'd do 1 at a time. I was kinda hoping for twins if we went that route haha but DH wasn't.

AFM... I'm at CD40. AF is a week and a half late. I haven't really been tracking cycles, but did so now just to update you all. I'm trying to get better and follow this PCOS cookbook/informative book that I purchased on Amazon. I forget if I mentioned it and I'm too lazy to look. It was $14 and was so informative with telling you what PCOS is, what foods you should/shouldn't have, what exercises to do, recipes, 2 week meal plan, grocery lists... it's so cool. I'm waiting to recheck my blood on Oct 29th to see if my liver enzymes went down from eating better and then hopefully start taking the Metformin, which will make me feel shitty but hopefully help me get pregnant. Always a waiting game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->