Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

Hi Lone!! You did mention you will be adopting a fur baby, what is his name? He looks so energetic and adorable!! Didn't think I would say this to anyone here, but fx that your af shows fast.. I have only heard success stories with IVF, hope that is the case with you as well.. Let us know how the appointment goes and what you decide.. And oh did I say, I love your attitude, everyone does have their own pace..

Hope everyone else doing just fine, hope to hear from each of you soon..

Murphy. He came with the name already.
Energetic is definitely the word. That or completely feckin' mental.
I definitely didn't want a big dog, but somehow we've got a huge one. And he's old and grumpy too, but still. Love him to bits.
STILL waiting for AF so I can book this scan. I didn't keep note of my dates last month, or in Nov, which really doesn't help haha!
Last AF hadn't started by the 19th Dec (our consultation), and it was due to start a few days after - coz the clinic was shut over xmas which is why my scan has to be in this cycle, not that one.
And I remember complaining that I'd be on over xmas day, but then not being. So, rough guess, new cycle started 21st or 22nd. Which would mean it's CD33 now..? Weird for me, usually 28 days or less. Clomid must still be playing havoc with me, six months on.
Learned my lesson though. ALWAYS WRITE YOUR AF DATES DOWN hahaha!

Advice, please? Thanks ladies.

SO
I found a bunch of OPKs in a make-up bag today.*
I put them away for all of half an hour before I got bored and took one.
(I have several urgent deadlines to meet and therefore, I obviously procrastinate).

I've attached two rather crappy pics of said stick for reference.

ANYWAY the first line to come up wasn't the control line, but the test line. In fact, the control line's pretty faint while the test line is normal. Positive result is ridiculous though: it's somewhere between CD33 and 37 for me.

You all know your pee sticks pretty well - is it a busted batch? Should I just chuck 'em? Or you think it could be a positive result, and I have finally decided to O all by myself, but at a really ridiculously late point in my normally-28-days cycle?

As far as I can tell, AF is definitely just a matter of hours away, can feel her looming over me with her crampy, moody, achy ways. I wish she'd bloody hurry up and get on with it.

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF THE DAMN STICK!!

*Probably bought them a year ago so they are a bit old. Last time I took one was about four months ago, was mid-cycle, and very much negative.

lh2.jpg lh1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lone,
I am not entirely sure what to make of it, but a year isn't too old as long as they are not expired (I think mine were good for 2 or 3 years or something). Anyway, I know that when I actually managed a positive, the test line darkened up more than the control line AND sometimes sooner, so I don't think it necessarily relates to a bad stick. Can you take another test? Otherwise, if your body has geared up to O on its own, take it! Clomid may have lengthened your cycles and I can't really imagine the stick darkening if there is not a surge going on -- duds are always neg as far as I have ever seen. Lots and lots of people O late in their cycle. This might really be it for you!!! I am so excited to hear more!

Also, congrats on the puppy -- he looks so sweet. I adore that big giant dog smile on his face :) :) He looks like a Murphy. I'm with you on the smaller dogs, but I still ended up with 2 giant monsters and love them. You will be so happy.

Still no AF today.
So. We went into town for a hot chocolate, and I popped into the shop to grab some cheapie HPTs. Just in case.
Done them both. REALLY STRONG BFP ON BOTH!!!
In shock. Six years we've been trying, thereabouts - never ever seen a positive result.
Not taking it for granted yet or getting at all excited. Gonna get one of the expensive digital ones later. Still feel very like AF on way, certainly don't feel PG at all. Lots of cramping on and off - plus pain that's more like bellyache, sort of bottom of middle of ribs to above belly button. Defs not feeling my best today. Will keep y'all updated...
EEEEEEK.

hpt1.jpg hpt2.jpg

Last edited:
LONE!!! OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!! Do not feel discouraged - remember I had no symptoms with my bfp except cramping and AF like feelings. Girl this is it!! You got it!! 33 dpo would make you about 5 weeks, is that right? So scary and so exciting. Will yoi be requesting blood draws? Have you told DH?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Still no AF today.
So. We went into town for a hot chocolate, and I popped into the shop to grab some cheapie HPTs. Just in case.
Done them both. REALLY STRONG BFP ON BOTH!!!
In shock. Six years we've been trying, thereabouts - never ever seen a positive result.
Not taking it for granted yet or getting at all excited. Gonna get one of the expensive digital ones later. Still feel very like AF on way, certainly don't feel PG at all. Lots of cramping on and off - plus pain that's more like bellyache, sort of bottom of middle of ribs to above belly button. Defs not feeling my best today. Will keep y'all updated...
EEEEEEK.

View attachment 1053925 View attachment 1053941
OMG I literally just hopped on this post but fingers are crossed for you, I'm TTC too and could have possibly had implantation bleeding but no idea as I have no idea about any of this stuff, was just ntnp up until 2 months ago.
I'm hopeful too

LONE!!! OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING!! Do not feel discouraged - remember I had no symptoms with my bfp except cramping and AF like feelings. Girl this is it!! You got it!! 33 dpo would make you about 5 weeks, is that right? So scary and so exciting. Will yoi be requesting blood draws? Have you told DH?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks!!!!!!! No mistaking those lines, is there? Now the + OPK makes sense, too...

Yeah I told him. Last night I went to the shop and asked if he wanted anything, and he said 'bring me a surprise', and then I completely forgot. So today when we got back from town I asked if he still wanted a surprise and chucked the stick at him and I am now forgiven for not bringing him sweets last night hahaha!

Obviously after so long and such a lot of disappointment, we're not getting our hopes up massively. The fact that we even *can* conceive is encouraging though, even if this isn't our sticky one. It's never happened for us before. Just crossing everything and seeing what happens next. I'll call the docs on Monday and book an appointment. Don't wanna cancel our clinic appointment just yet though, in case this doesn't work out...

Actually CD33, rather than 33 DPO - well, CD33-37, I don't know exactly as I'm useless at tracking cycle haha. Literally could not guess when this has happened as we've hardly been near each other this month, he's doing loads of overtime and I've got the dog and we're both always shattered. There's been maybe two occasions and can't remember when either happened!

He's in town now picking up a new, better test, ClearBlue or something. If he comes back with two we'll do another tonight - otherwise will wait til tomorrow.

Lone - I totally understand that feeling; I was kind of detached for the first few weeks like it wasn't real or wouldn't last . I didn't have strong MS or anything either so that didn't help lol (just sudden food aversions but even that didn't bring it home haha). My gut says this is it for you - I can't wait for Dream to see this as she got her BFP in Dec so you two are pretty close together. It will be nice to have a buddy! Poor old Murphy he's in for a shocker haha. Has he had any sense that something's up? I hope you'll post the Clear Blue when hubby gets home with it!

Aysegul - How exciting! Are you tracking at all? When is AF due? I hope it was implantation! FX!!

And sorry I meant 33 CD not 33 DPO haha. 33-38... I think that'd be 5-6 weeks, thereabouts, but of course a dating scan will have to say for sure. :)

Poor old Murphy he's in for a shocker haha. Has he had any sense that something's up?

Haha, nah not at all. He's been to the vet today for his routine jabs, so now he's in his basket sulking.

I think he'll be right. It's whether we will haha! Currently living in my childhood bedroom at my mother's, saving all we can for mortgage deposit. Now we might have to consider going back into renting, unless we can come up with something in next few months.

PLUS not telling me ma will be really tough while we're under her roof. She's a terrible, terrible gossip. Once she knows, every bugger in the world will. And given our worries, we'd rather no-one knew for several weeks yet. Except you ladies of course.

Oh man keeping it secret is SO HARD! Keeping it from Mum is the hardest. Good luck!!
Are you guys going to start looking, going bavk to renting as a last resort? Or you could stay with your mum for the first few months with the baby?

Are you guys going to start looking, going bavk to renting as a last resort? Or you could stay with your mum for the first few months with the baby?

Might just rob a bank hahahahahaha
He's all for the 'stay until we can afford house' option.
I've been ready for our own space since the day we moved in.
See what happens. I mean, there's always the chance we'll win the lottery. Which until today I would have said is more likely than us ever getting a BFP... ;)

You guys have time to mull it over and figure out what will be best for you. Everything has a way of coming together at the right time

Naww cheers. You're right, it often does :)
So this cramping you had, was it just like AF cramping?
Coz what I've had all day is definitely more of a stomach cramp. It comes and goes but at times it's been damn painful. It's higher up than ovaries/uterus - like, mid-abdomen. I've had the odd twinge lower down too, but that's been nothing in comparison.

Lone - I totally understand that feeling; I was kind of detached for the first few weeks like it wasn't real or wouldn't last . I didn't have strong MS or anything either so that didn't help lol (just sudden food aversions but even that didn't bring it home haha). My gut says this is it for you - I can't wait for Dream to see this as she got her BFP in Dec so you two are pretty close together. It will be nice to have a buddy! Poor old Murphy he's in for a shocker haha. Has he had any sense that something's up? I hope you'll post the Clear Blue when hubby gets home with it!

Aysegul - How exciting! Are you tracking at all? When is AF due? I hope it was implantation! FX!!
I am trying to but it's all so confusing, AF is due 30th so hoping it doesn't come!!

Hi Lone
The cramps I had woke we me up in the middle of the night and I couldn't go back to sleep .They huuurrrt . If I remember right they were in the stomach, but I was also sure AF was coming because of them. It's part of why I didn't test until 16 or 18 DPO. Then, when I called my doc to start setting up prenatal they had me come in the next day to be safe. In the end, it was in part due to stretching but mostly.... Terrible gas :(. My doc said gas is far more common than people like to admit lol. GasX helped so much and eat bland ubtil it eases up, lay on your left side to help it move along. Unless there is bleeding it is very likely just fine.

Aysegul - FX! The 30th seems so far away even being so close lol. Are you going to test early or wait until AF is late?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->