Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

Oh honey I am so happy for you; I can't imagine what you're thinking right now. For me it was so hard keeping it to myself lol - and trying to focus at work was a no go for a few days! You just want to shout it out from the rooftops! 12 weeks will fly by though. Have you guys entertained any names?

Dream: OMG!!!!!!! I just decided to check on you guys, and came back to this!!!! Congratulationssssssss girl.... I am so so so happy for you.. Can't wait till your Doc's appointment, wow..

Stella: Holiday was good, helped me with my terrible mood. LO is doing okay, my next appointment is today actually. Will update more later. How about you? How are you feeling?

I am so happy for you dream. What a gorgeous little pair of shoes. So cute.

AF just arrived for me a day early, hoping for a Christmas BFP

Dream- omg congrats I am so so excited for you, fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!! :baby::baby:

Stella- we are adjusting really well thanks! Yesterday was tough, as Erin wanted cuddles all day, and wouldn't let me put her down, but today has been much better! In general she is a dream! We get 4 hours between feeds at night, and between 2+3 during the day, which is perfect!

Lady- we also got sent for growth scans because lo was measuring small, try not to panic! Erin was only born 5lb 9.5oz, so she really was tiny, but with a little help in controlling her own temperature, we were out of hospital in a couple of days, braving the big wide world! You would never know she had that issue now, she is always warmer than me!

Afm...well Erin really. Erin is finally gaining weight! She got back to her birth weight on Monday, and today weighed in at 5lb 13oz! ...its starting to feel like reverse weight watchers we go to so many weigh ins! We seem to have finally cracked the right feeding pattern for her! Basically we discovered that Erin uses my boob as a comforter more than a form of drink, so although she does drink from it, often she was just suckling on the end of it, or even going to sleep with it in her mouth! We think this is because Erin struggled to latch properly when she was born, because her mouth was so tiny, and she was sleepy because she couldn't control her temps....first we were combi feeding with formula, to boost her calorie intake, but this gave her tummy aches, so we tried nipple shields, which helped a little (many midwives hate them, but if they work, why not!) But Erin was still falling asleep before she was full! So I bought a breast pump. Started off with a cheapie manual, but decided that as we could see progress we would get an electric. We bought a second hand lansinoh breast pump for £35 on eBay, and its made the world of difference! I pump about 3oz from each boob after each feed, give one boobs worth to her then, and store on in the fridge for overnight so I don't have to pump overnight. As soon as we started doing this, her weight started creeping up. What I learnt from this is not to panic. There are so many feeding choices, we were always going to find one that worked for us eventually...however, finding the right combo for her was definitely more stressful than labour itself!! :baby::baby:

Bit of a rant there for you, but thought you may be interested to read a bit of what its been like for us! ...we are loving life though! Me and Erin try to go out somewhere every day, even if its just to the supermarket! It takes us hours to get anywhere, because all the grannies want to stop for a chat! Secretly we love it though <3

Hope you're all doing well, I'm always reading your posts, even if I don't get a chance to reply! :hi:

Hi ladies,

It has been so quiet! I keep looking to see what Dream and Lady A have to say about their appointments the other day :)

Nix, everything crossed for you for that Xmas BFP!!

Zo, I am so happy tp hear how well things have been going!! I bet all the grannies want to stop and chat, she is so darn cute!

CanadianMoose, Diedrek, LoneWanderer,Lee -- I hope you ladies are all doing well, it has been a while.

Happy (almost) Friday to all!

Haha, Dream, I just noticed your new banner - "my baby is the size of a grain of salt". It is soooo exciting to see that in your signature!!

Here is what I did:

Due Date
% Complete, Days to Go
1/2/3/4 etc. Week Pregnant
Picture of Fetus
a paragraph or two about baby's development this week

I print a page out every week and put it on the fridge for DH. Hubby has been able to feel more involved and LOVES it -- he reads it every week and every so often, like when were eating dinner, pipes up with "you know the baby can taste that now", lol

Hey Stella - I usually update on my journal. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/threads/dreaming-of-1.2462073/

I have my dating scan booked for December 21st! So excited to get to see my babe before Christmas.

OMG that is freaking adorable from your DH. I love it. I'll probably send my hubby app links for progress updates. He's a techie guy and will appreciate the development pics and info on his phone.

Hello everyone!

We had the anatomy scan on Monday. Everything looks great and we are expecting a baby girl!!! Hubby says he will start hitting the gym so by the time shes a teenager he looks like a body builder hahahaha . So excited!

I hope to hear some updates from you all soon.

Stella - Hi dear, I am sorry I forgot that I was supposed to update here after my doctors appointment. All the appointments were pretty uneventful, so nothing much to say really.. Congratulations on finding out that you are having a baby girl!! AND loved what your hubby said.. Now you can start spending time on choosing names for her!! And isn't it so difficult to refrain from buying beautiful dresses for her?? I end up staring at some dresses even after finding out I am having a boy, lol..

Zoboe - I am trying to stay positive, I know my LO will be small given how we are, and he is progressing each week, that is what matters.. I am so happy you and Erin are doing well and figured out what works best for you.. That is tough from what I hear from everyone, each baby is different.. and you need to find out what works for you and your baby the best.. I have a Spectra at the moment, here in US you can get one free with your insurance, hopefully that will help us too..

AFM, had an appointment yesterday, went for cervical check. I am only 1 cm dilated. Midwife doesn't think LO will be coming anytime before my guessed due date.. which is 15th.. oh well, I guess he will be ready when he is ready.. Finally, DH is here, I have completed the nursery, packed my hospital bag other than the stuffs that I will be adding on the day I have to go. DH will take care of the carseat..
Not much of contractions yet, lost a bit of mucus (tmi..) and that's about it.. Eagerly waiting to meet my baby boy whenever he is ready and he is wiggling at the moment in my belly, not sure what he is trying to say, lol.. It is sort of weird reverse TWW in my case, isn't it? FX the final week will be more exciting (!?!)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.. And have a lovely weekend ..

It's been quiet here, almost another week has passed. Hope everyone is doing well and planning for the holidays..

AFM, still waiting to meet my LO, very close 40 weeks..

Aah Lady, I hope lo arrives in time for Christmas! I bet you are so so excited! Must be difficult to plan for the holidays when you don't know how old lo will be!! Fx they don't keep you waiting too long now!

Had Erin weighed today, and she's now up at 6lb 12...doesn't sound a lot for a 5 week old, but its considerably over her 5lb 9 1/2 birth weight, so we are well happy!!

Hi Lady! So close - I bet Zo is right and hes an Xmas baby. FX! My bday is the 15th - my parents always had to be super careful when I was a kid about keeping Christmas and bday separate. As an adult you don't care but as a kid... Oh no you are so adamant they are not the same! Haha.
How are you feeling?

Zo - Congrats! It sounds like she is doing beautifully. What are the baby's first Christmas plans?

Ty for the well wishes but my TTC life is over. I love you all for being supportive and sharing your lives with me and you hardships. I'll still stop by and read when I can but I just don't think I can respond alot right now, don't have the heart...so happy for you dream, it happened for you sweetheart and you really do deserve it! Glad that Zo is safe with baby and happy and well, and wishing well for lady!

Hello everyone!

We had the anatomy scan on Monday. Everything looks great and we are expecting a baby girl!!! Hubby says he will start hitting the gym so by the time shes a teenager he looks like a body builder hahahaha . So excited!

I hope to hear some updates from you all soon.
Grats hun! Oh he's going to have his work cut out for him when she starts dating in the future! Haha get buff scary dad to scare away the trouble makers.

Hey ladies, sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been trying not to come on here much as i was driving myself nuts and letting it consume me. DH are in the process of buying our first house. We found the perfect house in our first week of looking! It’s all moving very fast and TTC is not on our minds right now.

Stella, awww congratulations on the girl, how lovely.

Lady - omg good luck, I hope it all goes well.

Canadian, I’m really sorry to hear that. You take care of yourself, hope to hear from you at some point when you’re ready.

I’ll be popping on here every now and again I’m sure

Canadian -- I am so sorry to hear this, but I do wish you all of the best in the future. You deserve only wonderful things. I hope to hear from you now and then when you are ready.

Nix -- How exciting about the new house! That is such an amazing, scary, wonderful feeling and how crazy that it has happened so fast! The kitchen, porch and the back yard are always the big selling points for me in a house (even though I am not buying lol). What drew you guys to this one?

Lady - Anything yet?

Hope all is well for the rest; it has been pretty quiet, so hopefully everyone is prepping for the holidays.

Hey Stella, the house is a mess and needs a lot of work. But it is lovable whilst we do it up slowly. I was the size of it for us. The agent photos really under sold it and didn’t do it any justice at all. I didn’t want to view it initially but when we did, oh boy did I fall in love with it. It’s very scary yet so exciting. It’s taking up all of my emotional energy at the moment.

Looks like my AF is arriving today. 3 days early. But at least it’ll be gone for xmas

CanadianMoose, Diedrek, LoneWanderer,Lee -- I hope you ladies are all doing well, it has been a while.

Hiiiiii ladies!

Just dropping by.

It's so nice to see so much good news! Tons of y'all, too many to keep up haha! CONGRATS everyone!

And solidarity to all you still struggling. We're over five years in now, so I feel ya.
As for us...

Yesterday we had our first appointment at the IVF clinic. Just for a chat, and some prodding and poking and extracting of various fluids and the like. Seems pretty likely that we'll get a free cycle on the NHS, apparently we meet all the criteria. So, a few more tests now to see if it's right for us (like, can his sperm actually work with my eggs, all that stuff), and another chat about our options and the treatment plan.

Then apparently it's basically up to us which cycle we go with from there. They said could be as soon as three weeks after the next appointment - or as long away as we feel we need. We'll probably wait a bit, coz honestly, the whole IVF thing sounds horrendous and it's defs my very last resort.

I didn't post for a while because, well, there's only so many times I can post the same thing haha! After they stopped the Clomid (August) we've just been waiting about, watching one cycle after another go by. But I do lurk, like a creepy lurker.

Right now, it's about CD23ish - honestly, I've not written down dates for end of Nov and so I've lost track a bit. But for once I'm willing AF on because a.) I can't arrange the scans I need til cycle starts, b.) my boobs have been killing me for about a week now, they'll ease up when she gets here, and c.) if she's later than tomorrow she'll be around for xmas day, and quite frankly, fuck that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->