Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

Hi All,

Wanted to share the news of baby Ethan's birth. Attaching a snap of his update while we were still in the hospital. Will share my birth story soon.

Haven't read all of your updates yet, promise to reply back soon..

20181222_192541_20181227184241032.jpg

Lady - IDK how I missed this, congrats on your baby boy! I look forward to your birth story. Wil you be posting it in the birth stories section? (I gotta know where to look :))

Dream - How are you feeling? 8 weeks -- I can't believe how time is flying already!!

Nix - How is it going with the new house? Are the papers signed and it all official? When will you guys start moving/doing fix up etc?

Lone - Any updates from NHS? I know you said that you had more testing etc to do, but it sounds promising to get you in for a cycle of IVF (if you guys decide to go that route). I hope AF arrived for your and was gone for Xmas; good luck getting back into tracking!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas holiday and that 2019 is an amazing year for all.

Hey guys. WOW I feel shitty because I literally forgot about this page. How the hell could I forget? My brain is fried lately and I just got put on Zoloft a couple days ago because my depression has been very bad. Anyways, I was on Facebook and saw a post by Zoboe and suddenly remembered that I hadn't checked in with you guys in probably months. Lady congrats on your baby boy! Love his name. I went back on birth control, which is strange, since my doc said to when I'm not trying since my PCOS throws everything off and the pills will regulate my cycles again. Husband and I have been going to marriage counseling and we got through the holidays with family even though they know what's going on with our somewhat separation. I have been sleeping in the guest room for 2 months, which has been a struggle at first but now it's relaxing which is strange to say. Work was busy then slowed down and I've been working part time at a ski hill working at their tubing park to keep busy. Keeping busy helps me relax. Not to sound all Debbie downer haha but life has just been a little chaotic. I still see my therapist every week and our marriage counselor around every 2 weeks. My therapist wants me to work on finding myself, as cliché as that sounds, but he's right. I'm still wishing that I was trying for a baby, but I have to wait till I'm mentally ok to do so. At some point I will go back and catch up on everything with you guys :) I'll try and be more active again on here. You guys were always like therapy to me haha :)

DREAM you're pregnant?!?! Wow congrats!!!! I know how disappointed you always were when it wasn't your month, so this makes me soooo happy for you!! :) It's your time now yay!! That's so amazing!!

Hi! Hope you don't mind that I join you ladies. I haven't been on these forums in ages... and I'm still trying for my first! It's been about 2.5 years. Severe MFI. Long cycles but good ovarian reserve. Trying to decide between IVF and adoption/still hoping for a miracle!

Good luck to you all! I'm really looking forward to getting to know you. Congrats to Lady_Alysanne! <3

Hi All!! I'm a little late to post the birth story I guess, so here it goes:

It was my 40 weeks 5 days appointment, one US was done before regular weekly midwife appointment to check everything is okay. During the US, they discovered I was little low on amniotic fluid, and midwife told me bring my hospital bag and get admitted right away based on that. I was still only 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I was back in the hospital to get induced within 30 minutes.

A foley bulb was used to dilate me, they started the process around 12:15 pm, December 20th, 2018. Contraction also started, but it wasn't regular at first. After a while contraction started at regular interval and the pain was too much. At 9 pm I was 5 cm dilated and I could take epidural at that time. Midwife broke my water then. I agreed to take the epidural after another half an hour and they started me on pitocin, as the regular contraction stopped after the foley bulb completed its job. At some point epidural stopped working at my left side, even with increased doses. I don't want to scare anyone, so I will just finish by saying the contractions were really painful. I was finally fully dilated the next day at 1 pm. After starting to push, baby's heart rate became unstable. It was 3:00 pm. We had to decide for a forcep delivery at that point. I got a partial 3rd degree tear, so, my recovery is a bit longer and more painful. However, the prize for all this is too great, our little miracle, baby Ethan is born on 21st December, 2018. His birth weight is 7lbs 5 ozs. He is doing great so far. I will probably write more on him and how I am dealing with everything later..

I miss you ladies, hope everyone is doing well..

Hi Lee! It is great to hear from you! I have been thinking about you lately. I am glad to hear that you and OH are trying counselling and sorry to hear that it has been so rough going, but you are a tough lady. It may sound cliché to have to "find yourself" but it is so true, also. What doe he have you doing to start on that path?

KateAndDust - Welcome! It has been a little quiet over here lately, but hopefully that is just the holidays. There are a couple of ladies here who have been TTC for a very long time and who would definitely be great support for you on your journey!

Lady - That sounds like an intense delivery! I am glad that everything turned out okay in the end. How are you coping with Ethan at home? Is he fussy after fighting so hard NOT to come out? lol. I look forward to hearing more!

Dream - Hope all is well! You are coming up on 12 weeks pretty soon aren't you?

Miss you ladies and hope that everything is getting back to normal after the chaos of the holidays :)

Thank you, Stella2018! I'm excited to be here and connect with the incredible women I encounter. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Loved reading your birth story, Lady_Alysanne. I hope you recover from the tearing quickly! Thank you for sharing. O:)

Hii! Ive been lookin through forums, to find ttc friends. This is my first time really trying. Early 2018 we tried for like 4 months, but no luck, then our parents were disappointed and wanted marriage first, so, we put it on hold ... anyway, we got married december and now we are ttc! And i lnow how stressful it is, i spent so much money on pregnancy tests in just the 4 months. Lol. Anyway, hi everyone! And congratulations to lady!
I am 36 and i known my chances are smaller, but praying!!!

Kate and Katz : Welcome to this thread!! My ttcing, becominh pregnant, now a new mom; all I have shared with these wonderful ladies.. I am so lucky that I found such a great support system here.. :dust:to you both..

Stella - Hi girl!! How are you doing? I am doing okay with Ethan, each day is a new adventure, and LO certainly is keeping me on my toes. Ethan has gained and crossed his birth weight on his 2 weeks checkup. He loves to keep himself busy, he has so much to do like eating, sleeping, pooping, lol..

Dream - How are you? Week 10 already.. Did you hear your LOs heartbeat yet?

Nix - So happy to see the update on your new house.. I bet you are all busy with new projects and everything.. Would love to hear your plans..

Moose - :hug: girl!! I am sorry I missed replying to you.. Come back whenever you are ready, and tbh, this thread has become more than ttcing for me, it is just good to see any updates from you ladies..

Lee - You are a warrior, girl.. I am glad you and your hubby are trying to work things out and you are also focusing on yourself.. That is so much important, often with so much going on we forget we need to prioritize ourselves too.. Hang in there girl, :hug:!!

Lone - Hi, it is so great to see you back after all these days.. And back at you, what I just said to Moose.. I know we have started to talk about ttcing here, but getting just about any update from you ladies means something.. :friends:

And Die, wherever you are, Miss you!!

Good Morning!

Katz - I'm not sure at 36 that your chances are really all that much smaller. Your body doesn't just switch at 35 and I have many friends who conceived their first just before and second after 35. It's quite normal in my circle. At worst it took a little longer. Anyway as long as you are healthy, I think everything will be just fine. :) The cheap Wondfo sticks on Amazon in bulk worked great for me and kept the costs low. I only swapped to FRER when the cheapies were showing +. TTC is so pricey!
Congrats on getting married, too! That is a lovely feeling and right around the holidays sounds absolutely beautiful.

Dream - How are you feeling? January is going to fly by :) I haven't seen many updates from you around the forum so I hope you aren't feeling too sickly amd tired, although you're right in the time frame for both .

Kate - Where are you in your cycle? Any updates lately?

Lady - I am with you in that this thread is more like a group of friends catching up. I love it here. I hope Ethan is still doing well and that you are balancing everything out. Sleep when he sleeps! (people keep saying that to me lol idk if it works that way).

Hello to everyone else! Everyone has so much going on lately I hope that all these life changes are going well. For me it's a snowy Saturday morning and I probably should get out of bed now haha. Hugs to all!!

Hey guys - so a little mini update for me. Our next ultrasound will be at 12 week on Jan 24th. Can't freaking wait! So excited so see Rick again. Did I mention we're calling the baby Rick, not when it's out though, only in uterus. heehee. We won't find out the gender until our 20 week anatomy scan which feels like 1900 days away.

My symptoms have all been super manageable and I'm considering myself lucky so far. Nausea is minimal and only in the morning, lasts about an hour and a half tops and I'm still very functional during that time. I was have indigestion with my breakfast for a while but that seems to have gone away. I had mild headaches for a bit, also have gone away. I have sore BBs that come and go. I have 2 bits of spotting, 1 at 7w1d only when I wiped and same at 9w1d. Nothing since. We're hoping the lack of serious nausea and vomiting is a sign of a boy. FX

We're planning to start telling our extended families and friends once all goes well at the 12 week scan. Then we may do a social media announcement for Valentine's Day.

Just needing to vent to ladies going through the same thing so here I am. My husband and I had *adult time* twice during fertile window (per Ovia app), first day and last day. It is now 4 days until AF is due and I am anxiously waiting for a possible BFP (trying not to get my hopes up). Backstory...husband has twin 10 year olds (he had them young in life), I have no children, Ive never used birth control nor have we ever used protection since weve been together (4 years) and no ive never had a bfp. I have had slighlty irregular periods before, last visit to OBGYN a little over a year ago for pap smear, sonogram of ovaries (1 follicle cyst on each ovary) and thats about it. I have had mild cramp/pains/pressure in lower pelvic area off and on for roughly 1 week now (12 days prior to AF due), emotional (mainly crying), fatigue and off and on low back pain and nausea. I try to justify these *symptoms* just so I dont get my hopes up if I end up not being pregnant. Nonetheless I needed to vent and just hear other peoples stories so feel free to chime in and have a good day.

Dream - Hahaha that made me laugh! I am happy to hear Rick isn't giving you too hard a time. My first tri symptoms weren't fun but not terrible either, the worst was tired (which has come back lately lol) and no immune system. How cool to announce on Valentine's Day! When will your 20 week scan be? I'm so excited know!

Miranda - Welcome! Omg the TWW can suck can't it? Lol. I know you said you haven't used protection but are you temping or using OPKs or anything? When will you start testing? I really hope this is it for you!

AFM missing. 3rd tri starts Wednesday. Yowza I can't believe how fast this is going.... !

Dream - That is so good, first trimester not being rough with you, hope it stays that way all the way.. Let us know how 12 weeks appointment goes, love to baby Rick ..

Miranda - Welcome.. I totally understand what you are going through, it is so hard not to symptom spot.. When are you planning to test? Sending :dust: to you..

Stella - Wow, 3rd trimester already, time does go fast, doesn't it? You are going to enjoy all the sexy waddles very soon I suppose, jk.. I hope everything is going great..

AFM, Ethan is doing great, only time he is really fussy is if I'm late with his food [-( Poor kiddo has an inexperienced mom :p I am so lucky my parents are here helping me out.. I will be flying SC to be with DH after 2 more weeks, so started little bit of packing for that... I am still recovering, things are certainly getting better everyday..

Waiting for AF so I can book my scans at the IVF clinic. Then one more consultation, and then it's up to us to tell them when we want to start.

Anyway, did I mention before that we got a dog now? I've attached a pic. He's great. TBH he's easily as much bother as a kid would be, so we're quite alright at the moment :lol:

Been a sudden rush of pregnancy announcements around us lately. OH feeling it a bit, I think. Really doesn't bother me: if it takes us another ten years so be it, not going at anyone else's pace but ours. And tbh we never do anything quickly. :lol::lol::lol:

46033563_678842085842815_1863701243059240960_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"