Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. My DH brought me home a Cinnamon Roll in honour of Rick's sizer ticker. Super sweet.

Happy Friday!

Lady - ONE night feeding? Ugh. I guess that's a start... he better be making up for this in other ways :)

Dream - That is so cute, what a SWEETheart

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day everyone!! I hope you all are quiet because it has been such a fantastic week :) :)

Dream - That is super sweet.. Hope little Rick enjoyed it as well..

Stella - Yeah, I am close to giving up, if he doesn't understands himself, I am not sure saying it over and over would help. He does help over the weekends with house chores and that's definitely helpful. I told him we should swap that from time to time, that way, I will be able spend time with something else, and he can have some quality time with our son..
My 14th was kind of same like the other days, except spent it first time with my SON.. It's still difficult to believe the little guy is with us now.. DH was away in Detroit interviewing for a job.

Lone - I hope you feel better now, how is MS atm?

Lone - I hope you feel better now, how is MS atm?

Terrible haha! Still no sickness, just constant, constant nausea. The nearest I come to throwing up is whenever I sneeze (which seems to be loads lately) but I can't go in the kitchen, can't walk past takeaways and cafes, everything I eat tastes weird and I don't really like anything at all. Fun(!)

My 6-months-gone friend says doctor gave her some safe anti-nausea meds that took the edge off, so I might ask the midwife next week if I can have some. Also she promised that after 12 weeks it gets easier haha

Hope you're all doing okay and had lovely Valentines. I threw a massive tantrum with OH last night because he didn't get me a card (even though in six years we have never, ever done cards for V-day...).

And I'm not even sorry about it hahaha!!!

I have booked myself into the Early Pregnancy Unit tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will do bloodwork and a scan, so then I'll know whether this little bean is indeed in there, and doing okay or not. Because if I have to wait til 12 weeks I'll send myself insane!!!

This morning I woke up feeling absolutely fine. No nausea - in fact, was feeling pretty hungry! Boobs not aching. Not tired. It's really freaked me out tbh, given how awful I've been last few weeks. So I called the hospital in a panic, and they'll see me first thing.

Now a bit more relaxed as there's not much else I can do but wait til tomorrow and see what they say. FX all is well...

Lone - Speaking of sneezing, I just remembered, I googled whether sneezing will hurt the baby, lol.
Don't worry, everything is fine. Still getting the reassurance is good, I constantly debated whether I should buy the fetal doppler after 12 weeks, until my lil man started kicking,. Let us know how tomorrow goes!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Lone - I bet everything is totally fine, but that is still so alarming -- I know they say that the symptoms fade with time, but how can that not be scary??? Anyway, it's good that you will get to go in tomorrow. I am so excited to hear about the appointment!!

Lady - How are things going with you and hubby? Are things starting to sort out better?

I hope everyone else is doing well!
My LO is sitting on the sciatica again, so I've been hobbling about like an old woman lol. Oh, and mild MS seems to be making another appearance -- hubby actually knew that might happen. I had no idea Always something.

Happy Monday ladies!

Stella - So good to hear from you, and sciatica, ouch.. it must be painful. MS did not come back for me, but, yes, it does come back for some. One of my friend took some pregnancy safe medication for this, perhaps you may want to talk to your midwife/OB GYN for similar options?
AFM and Hubby, he is getting there, came back with beautiful flowers post-valentine's day, since, he had an interview on the day. Just realized that is not what you asked, lol. He is helping, but mostly with chores and doing one NF. Hopefully, we will find the balance soon.

They let me see it, little heartbeat and everything, and they gave me a pic to take away. Measuring 8 weeks 3 days which is exactly where I thought. All normal. Now will try and make most of not feeling horrendous, instead of worrying about it.

baby2.jpg

Lone, that is so great! What a great picture, Baby already looks like a little person in there! Enjoy feeling better, it comes and goes at best, haha.

Lady, How sweet of him to bring you flowers :) And I am sure you'll find the balance, I don't imagine it comes naturally to anyone haha.
And nah, the MS is very mild nausea at worst and it goes away by the time I am out the door for work, thank goodness. Heartburn has actually been the bane of my existence since about 20 weeks or so. I have meds for that, but it only helps to a point. And the sciatica thing comes and goes as well -- I have exercises to help shift weight off the point. It's all fun. But I read what other ladies are dealing with and I still think I have it easy :)

Dream, How are you feeling these days? You must be getting close to your anatomy scan now, aren't you?

Lone - I bet that felt amazing, another milestone in the journey, hearing LOs heartbeat and all..

Stella - Thanks, you are too kind.. Glad to see you have exercises to deal with sciatica and with heartburn I was only allowed tums. You are so there.. isn't it exciting to count the days until you meet your LO? I was almost(!!) impatient, lol..

AFM, Ethan and I enjoyed a quick stroll outside yesterday, and then I locked myself outside the house, forgetting the key.. Hubby had to come back from his office to rescue us, haha.. Mummy brain is real I tell you..

@Stella2018 not the best.. I dunno what went on with AF but showed a week late and I have extreme cramps now a week after it finished. Think I need to go to doctors.

AFM, Ethan and I enjoyed a quick stroll outside yesterday, and then I locked myself outside the house, forgetting the key.. Hubby had to come back from his office to rescue us, haha.. Mummy brain is real I tell you..

Getting locked out is one of my worst nightmares. Like, I used to wake up in the night in a cold sweat just coz I'd imagined being locked out haha! I freak out about keys so much. Even just reading about your ordeal made me shudder! :o I think it's coz years back I struggled with agoraphobia, and it took me a long time to recover, so I need total control over going in and out of house now. Glad you were rescued :D

Lone, that is so great! What a great picture, Baby already looks like a little person in there! Enjoy feeling better, it comes and goes at best, haha.

Everyone keeps saying it looks like a baby already, and really clear, and honestly I just saw a potato shape :( Or sometimes a lumpy rabbit, depending on the angle. :( OH and nurse had to point out the baby bit to me on the screen, and the heartbeat. Then after she gave us the print, he had to turn the pic for me so I could see the baby shape coz it being upside down confused me. I get it now, and posted the pic here the best way up for seeing it... but still don't see it very clearly.

I am rubbish at this mother thing already :o :o :o

Hey girls. So we've decided we're going with the OB, no more midwives. No definitive good reason except that I just get really awesome vibes from my OB, I really like her and I think that's important.

Next OB appt is not too far away and will be March 5th at 17w4d

I was born with a murmur and a small hole in my heart so my OB has ordered me a fetal echo to check on Rick's heart with a pediatric cardiologist at the hospital where I'm going to be delivering. That's booked for March 7th (DH's bday) I'll be 18 weeks. Is it bad that I'm actually excited for it? I'm confident little Ricky will be just fine so I'm just looking at it as an extra ultrasound. Especially since our anatomy scan isn't until 21 weeks.

How's everyone else doing?!

Lone - Oh I am sorry for reminding you about that! For me, I was worried cause it was a bit windy outside, although Ethan was properly layered, I didn't wanna be there for a prolonged time period.
And Stella is right, the baby already looks like a tiny person. I am terrible at discerning US too, even at my LO's 41 weeks scan, I couldn't tell his hair from random spiky lines,lol. I bet you will be better than that..

Dream - If I ever think about having #2, I'll go for OB too, my midwife was great throughout the journey. I just didn't like the way the complications were handled during my baby's birth.. Either way, feeling comfortable is deffo important! Good luck with the US, getting a sneak peak is always awesome..

And did I mention, lil Ethan is 2 months today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->