Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

Aysegul - I am so sorry to hear that it sounds miserable. Do you decide to go to the doc? How are you feeling now? You're coming up on yoir fertil week aren't you?

Lone - You're going to be a lovely mother. And don't worry, in the U/S bubs will get a little more humanoid every time haha. In my first u/s, she was just a phallic looking blob so I wouldn't put too much stock in what it looks like to you just yet.

Dream - Very nice! It is much more important to be comfortable than to get hung up on the title l. I don't have a MW either and have only met the OB once. I use the nurse practitioner and adore her. Any chance they'll be able to tell Ricky's sex on the 18 week appt?

Lady - 2 months!! Time flies!!!

Have definately shifted into a more uncomfortable phase. Next appt is Monday but I think the only major thing there is my whooping cough shot. Yippee...

Stella tbh I have no idea anymore. I went to the doctor they prescribed painkillers but didn't look for any problem... Saying it's still early days but with extreme cramps a week after my period finished and h period was already extremely painful and late plus on and off for 9 days... After all that I decided not to chart or any of that stuff, I'm super stressed with both me and my husband currently not working (due to the season being finished in Turkey) and living in his parents, I'm being told when to wake up, when to sleep, eat, clean surprised they don't try to tell me when to go to the toilet and when to not... Decided ntnp approach may be best for now at least...

Stella - Oh the fun!! I make weird jokes when I am nervous, when I got my shot, I ended up saying, "things we do for our children..", my nurse was sympathetic, but, well, even I understood what a terrible joke that was, just after saying it, lol. Not a fan of shots, and then, who is.. Good luck with your appointment though, let us know how it went..

Aysegul - I am so sorry dear, you are going through this, ttcing alone is stressful enough.. I hope when your DH starts working again, you guys can move to your own place?

Last edited:
Ey up ladies ! How y'all doing this week?
Got 12-week scan date today: 18th March. Seems ages away... :/

Ladies! It's been ages!! Sorry I've been so caught up with things going on in my life and I didn't even think to come on here. Yesterday I got thinking about how I miss TTC and then today I remembered the site. How could I forget?! I forget what my last message was, but my depression got pretty bad and I've been on Zoloft which helped that drastically. I have a friend who was on that when she had post partum depression and it helped her greatly, so for anyone reading this... if you get PPD definitely tell your doctor and get on some medication like Zoloft. It changed everything I swear. It took all the constant bad thoughts and feelings away.

So anyways, DH and I are still kinda 'separated'. But as of yesterday I have been reconsidering everything and he has been seeing our marriage counselor on his own (I stopped going but I still see my own therapist) and she told him that it's my depression causing all the issues. I didn't believe it at first, but the more I think about it I think it might be true. Yes he and I have our issues, but I wasn't allowing us to fix them and I was just calling it quits. Last night without saying 'lets work on things' I asked if he wanted to go out to eat so we did. Then on the way home he had the idea to get a movie at RedBox, so we got A Star is Born (wow did I cry so much LOL what a great movie) and so yeah we had a good night. I do see changes in him now that I put my wall down a little... my wall of emotions.

So it's just been a busy emotional state right now, but I'm doing good and hopefully will be TTC again soon. We never got to try the medication Metformin with my PCOS, but I still have the full bottle. My best friend is due in a couple weeks and a couple other friends recently had their babies, so it would be nice to get back into it and talking to you all on here again. If you read this far, props to you LOL sorry I'm just rambling now.

Oh and I'm having such POAS withdrawels that I checked my CP for no reason yesterday LOL I'm even on birth control again (for my PCOS symptoms) but I just miss symptom spotting haha. I think the PCOS really screwed with my head more than I think.

I'll come back to the site again :) hope you all are doing great and I can't wait to get myself caught up with your info.

Ladies! It's been ages!! Sorry I've been so caught up with things going on in my life and I didn't even think to come on here. Yesterday I got thinking about how I miss TTC and then today I remembered the site. How could I forget?! I forget what my last message was, but my depression got pretty bad and I've been on Zoloft which helped that drastically. I have a friend who was on that when she had post partum depression and it helped her greatly, so for anyone reading this... if you get PPD definitely tell your doctor and get on some medication like Zoloft. It changed everything I swear. It took all the constant bad thoughts and feelings away.

So anyways, DH and I are still kinda 'separated'. But as of yesterday I have been reconsidering everything and he has been seeing our marriage counselor on his own (I stopped going but I still see my own therapist) and she told him that it's my depression causing all the issues. I didn't believe it at first, but the more I think about it I think it might be true. Yes he and I have our issues, but I wasn't allowing us to fix them and I was just calling it quits. Last night without saying 'lets work on things' I asked if he wanted to go out to eat so we did. Then on the way home he had the idea to get a movie at RedBox, so we got A Star is Born (wow did I cry so much LOL what a great movie) and so yeah we had a good night. I do see changes in him now that I put my wall down a little... my wall of emotions.

So it's just been a busy emotional state right now, but I'm doing good and hopefully will be TTC again soon. We never got to try the medication Metformin with my PCOS, but I still have the full bottle. My best friend is due in a couple weeks and a couple other friends recently had their babies, so it would be nice to get back into it and talking to you all on here again. If you read this far, props to you LOL sorry I'm just rambling now.

Oh and I'm having such POAS withdrawels that I checked my CP for no reason yesterday LOL I'm even on birth control again (for my PCOS symptoms) but I just miss symptom spotting haha. I think the PCOS really screwed with my head more than I think.

I'll come back to the site again :) hope you all are doing great and I can't wait to get myself caught up with your info.

Great to hear from you Lee, sounds like things are looking up for you now which is awesome. Hang in there, you'll find the right path for you, especially now you sound much stronger and ready to deal with things. I'm sure I speak for everyone on here when I say we all miss you!! Do keep in touch, sending much love

@Lady_Alysanne yeah we're planning on going to Japan for a week when DH's friend pays the money back he borrowed, then a couple months later I'm thinking of going to Ireland!! Such a beautiful country and I hate the UK but there's no money or jobs in turkey so I need to do something... İt's not like we couldn't afford a baby they do give like a child benefit and we've enough money for food and everything just not enough for the extortionate rent prices here haha xx

Lone - It always seems like that, and an appointment once a month, it seemed like a torture to me.. Heres to wishing 18th comes fast for you..

Lee - Its so good to hear from you girl.. The things you needed to and still sorting would make you forget a lot of things, of course, you needed to prioritize.. But Lone is right, we missed you and it feels like things are getting better.. Honestly, who knows the correct way to deal with your situation than you really, perhaps, taking it slow is the key.. You will figure it out, you're that strong!
Check back in whenever you can, would love to hear more..
p.s. Now I want to watch that movie, problem is, I don't do well with sad movies..

Aysegul - Glad to see you guys have a vacation coming up, I always wanted to visit Japan. Perhaps when our LO becomes ready for an international flight, we will..

AFM, I am just so so tired these days, but, one look at Ethan would make forget that.. I did not think loving someone this much was possible!

Just 9 weeks, 5 days today. Apparently baby is only 'the size of a grape'.
So god knows how I'm so bloody massive!!! There is no denying my knocked up status, when I'm out walking the dog complete strangers have been stopping me to ask when little one is due. I look easily four months gone, if not more. It's all out the front, haven't gained weight anywhere else (except my chest, tbf)... Gone from size 8-10 to a 14 in the past three weeks. This seriously cannot be normal...?
There's definitely only one in there, got the picture from my internal scan to prove it - and at the scan they said I was measuring spot on for my dates, so it's not like I'm further ahead than I thought either. Everything online says you can bloat somewhat in the early weeks - but this is blummin' ridiculous!! Glad I work for myself at home, because there'd be no hiding this if I had to go into work. Am essentially a recluse, aside from dog walking, because if I ran into anyone we know, they'd guess right away!! :o
I'll get OH to take a pic of me this weekend when he's about. Seriously, it's mental, y'all gotta see this.

Lone - That actually sounds exciting, I had to wait months before I was showing anything at all!! And I so wanted to look pregnant.. when I actually told my colleagues, they were totally surprized as I was hiding my bump quite successfully before that.. Maybe post your bump if you are comfortable..

Hi Ladies,

Aysegul - Ugh, that all sounds so frustrating. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. But Japan sounds amazing! That will be great! Any idea when he's going to pay you back?

Lee -- It sounds like you are making some headway with things, so that is nice. You sound more like your old self, very peppy, which is lovely to hear. I am with Lady A, I can't handle movies like that. I almost went to see it but got my MIL to admit the ending that I suspected. Now? Nope, probably will never lol.
I hope we hear back from you soon!

Lone -- March 18th! That seems soooooo far away! OK, but it's really only 2 weeks. I can't wait to see that scan!
I laughed about you looking so preggers already! 9 weeks seems so early, but I hear it can also come and go a little bit as your body adjusts. Might be time to invest in a comfy pair of maternity pants -- gonna have to eventually anyway, so it's not like it's a waste of money! If you're comfortable, I'd love to see those pics when hubby takes them.

Lady -- How are you and hubby doing? Are you starting to get into a more even routine?
How is Ethan? Is that little personality starting to come out yet?

Sorry I went MIA this week. It has not been a great week. If you don't mind a quick vent: My back hurts horribly, all the time -- she is still sitting on the sciatica AND the ligaments have started stretching which is somehow worse (seems so early for that, 33 weeks?), MS is back (but heartburn is easing off), and insomnia has decided to show every couple of nights. My first few months have been super easy going, it's just these last weeks proving to be kinda terrible lol. And as my nurse practitioner said on Monday "Well, I hate to break it to you, but I can't do anything to help and it's not going to get better" hahaha. It's all temporary anyway and worth the end game. OH is sweet, supportive and wonderful. Deep breaths and power through.
Meanwhile, management at work is proving... well, let's just say I've learned they don't like pregnant people. OH, Mum, MIL and friends all do not want me to come back here after leave but money is (always) the issue -- not to mention, I like working, and up until lately I liked my company -- but we'll see how it all pans out :) I know my rights and I have done everything I am supposed to do, so whatever happens with them now will be fine.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! I will check in this weekend probably since we supposedly have a big ol' snowstorm moving in. Chat with you soon!

Pic 1 - me today (9+6)
Pic 2 - me at the end of last summer (couldn't find a more recent full body from the side shot haha! Seems I am the queen of close-up selfies...)
So, pretty significant swelling-up I've been doing, considering I'm normally a skinny wee thing (only 5ft3, as well...)

bump9.6.jpg summer1.jpg

@Lady_Alysanne and @Stella2018 I'm not sure when just waiting on the guy, he keeps dodging phonecalls etc and saying next week next week, starting to think it'll never happen tbh. Either way the season starts soon and we'll both be working it, I couldn't last year as I didn't have a valid working visa before we were married, now we're looking forward to working and making enough to visit Japan :D I've wanted to go to Japan for a long time I'm so excited even if it takes a whole year we are gonna go!!

Stella - I hear you dear, it is just that stage of pregnancy, everything feels uncomfortable. But you are a strong lady, you'll power through as you mentioned.. And you have a supportive hubby, that is, so sweet.. Physically no one can help at this moment, but, that mental support is all that you need.. It will be over before you know it and your LO will be in your arms..

Lone - Oh, wow, love your bump.. Everyone is so different, I guess, this is what perhaps, is normal for you, and there is again old wives tell, straight big bump means a boy, who knows! Are you enjoying all those bump enquiries?

Aysegul - Love your spirit girl!! So what cities are you planning to visit? I know it is early, but for me, I love to plan where we would go, what we would do..

I don't really have any update, except for how Ethan is, he eats about every 3 hours or so, he certainly has a bit of a pattern now, but, he is not quite there yet. Fx around 3 or 4 months, he will settle down more.. He is learning so many new things, one day you'll find he is enjoying turning his head, next he knows to smile.. My favorite so far, is when he giggles, it usually happens when he is physically stimulated, getting a massage and such..

I don't really have any update, except for how Ethan is, he eats about every 3 hours or so, he certainly has a bit of a pattern now, but, he is not quite there yet. Fx around 3 or 4 months, he will settle down more.. He is learning so many new things, one day you'll find he is enjoying turning his head, next he knows to smile.. My favorite so far, is when he giggles, it usually happens when he is physically stimulated, getting a massage and such..

Nawww your bab sounds so adorable :) Glad everything is going well and he's coming along so beautifully. There's really nowt so cute as a giggling baba!!!

I think you might be right about a boy, aside from my immense size just a few things have made me think the same: I'm completely off sugar (weird for me) and want salt and spice instead; even before we had the positive test, I kept seeing four magpies all together; we've got a ton of girl names we love but find boy names harder to pick, so would be just our luck haha!

Currently waiting, not very patiently, for this 12 week scan (a week on Monday, so just another 11 days, aka an eternity, to go...) I have managed to convince myself, again, that we'll get there and there will be nothing to see, that I've just imagined the baby, that I'm just fat from overeating, that I feel sick coz it's winter... Which I know is crazy, especially as we have seen baby and got our printout pic, but I still don't believe it at all.

Perhaps it's driven in part by the fact that all symptoms have more or less gone - boobs not especially sore (more like they are pre-AF than the 'don't fucking touch them!' they've been for weeks), am far less tired, haven't had a headache for a few days now, been up in the night less often...

Plus the nausea is slowly easing off. Or perhaps I'm finding ways to cope with it. Gone off so much stuff I like, but started liking stuff I never wanted before. Today I actually bought a pack of bananas (I am literally phobic, like, cannot be around them, they make me feel shaky and scared) because I feel like they'd do me good. I can't go near them but I will ask OH to cut one up for me later coz I just somehow really want one. Wish me luck! Hahahahaha!

Last edited:
We had our fetal echo this morning. Rick's heart is perfectly healthy. Cardiologist said at this small she wouldn't be able to see a small hole if he had one like mine but from what she can see hes all good. Woohooo!!! I knew he would be.

We also saw his man parts today! Confirming the sneak peek results, its a BOY! DH and I are soooooooooooooooo happy. I legit skipped out of the hospital. The doc of course put a disclaimer on it that shes a heart doctor but it was very clear. He was 100% cooperative when she took a peak.

Our next bit of excitement will be at the anatomy scan on March 28th. We'll go to the hospital this day as well to pre-register.

Oh and we are obsessed with the service we received at the hospital. (I mean I had enough time to research where I wanted to deliver while TTC for nearly 2 years, right?) By far the most organized hospital either of us have ever been to. Registration process was seamless and painless. Super organized super helpful and welcoming staff. The cardiologist was amazing super friendly and knowledgeable. Just overall a really great experience and I'm happy and reassured in our choice to deliver there.

Hey ladies, gotta catch up but just a quick note before I go out to lunch at work. DH and I are working on our marriage and we are doing well :) we have a lot to figure out, but we are working on things step by step. Once we feel comfortable enough we will get back to TTC :) but not for a bit. I'm definitely back to my old self and happy you've noticed :) Zoloft has done so good for me and DH and I being open and honest with each other, and even fighting, has helped. We never used to fight, but that was an issue cuz we never discussed our issues! Will be back...

Lone - Thank you, yes, he is a precious little one.. Everyday is a new challenge and I never thought of things such as bathing a tiny human, or, clipping his nails would feel like an accomplishment to me one day, haha!
I can't wait for your scan too, I told you before I guess, appointments were really something I used to looked forward to. I am just glad your nausea has lessened. Now, you can start enjoying food again.. and trust me for lil things like us, we need it..
These tiny humans are miracles, deffo, that makes it harder to believe.. (I know it is easier to say this than actually doing it) Please, don't worry, I am sure your LO is doing perfectly alright..

Dream - Congratz on finding out the gender, you kind of knew it all along, didn't you? Mothers intuition I guess!

Lee - Good to have you back more girl, and so glad things are progressing for the better..

AFM, I have started to supplement my kiddo more than I used to, unfortunately, I am not making enough. Tbh, struggling with this fact really, have been trying out goats rue herb for few days now, but I don't think it is making much difference. I want to try Lactiful, but, it is so expensive!!

Hope everyone is doing good, Happy Women's Day Ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->