Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

If we didn't know already, I would've said you're carrying twins!!

My name being Kat, the number of jokes I've heard from family about "carrying a litter" so far is ridiculous. And I'm having to avoid everyone we know because, I mean, look at me.
Not only did the scan definitely just show one, but they said I was measuring spot on for 8+3, which is exactly where I should be. So this crazy 'bump' probably isn't even baby, just a ridiculous amount of water or something!!!
See what they say on the 18th, eh? By which point they'll probably need to hoist me in with a special crane or something. FML.

@Lady_Alysanne I'm like that too, were travelling to Tokyo first then spending a couple days there than well be going to Nagoya for a couple days and back to Tokyo again to fly home got more planning to do but that's main areas well we going to!! I'm so excited

Good Morning All!

Dream - A boy!! Yay! Our girl/boy pattern continues in the group! It's so funny to me how many people root to have boys lol; I wanted a girl but all of us, I think, are just so happy no matter what. It's awesome that you got to learn so early - waiting for 20 wks was brutal! Any name ideas or is it still too early to say?

Lone - IDK, I suddenly went on sweets (then back off pretty quickly) and we Never had boy names we liked, but one of my friends was exactly the opposite, and we both had girls. So who knows! I've never heard the magpie thing though, what does that mean?
Omg, that "litter" comment would drive me nuts haha. I think you look lovely. And the 18th will be here before you know it!

Lee - I am so glad to hear things are going better and it's so great to hear from you.

Lady - I signed up with Pampers for free stuff and they have sent lots of formula samples (pretty good size tubs ,too). I figure I have them if I need/want them (or hubby does if I'm not around) and we can play around to see what LO likes. It helps offset the formula cost a bit at least. Meanwhile, let us know if any of the milk production aides/supplements work for you.

Aysegul - Do you have a go date?

I think I've got the start of my first stretch mark. Or "tiger stripes" as my friend calls them lol. Even if the lotions don't prevent, they certainly seem to help. I know genetics is the biggest factor but I'm sure keeping the skin supple makes a difference too :)
It's always great to hear from you ladies!!

I think I've got the start of my first stretch mark. Or "tiger stripes" as my friend calls them lol. Even if the lotions don't prevent, they certainly seem to help. I know genetics is the biggest factor but I'm sure keeping the skin supple makes a difference too :)
It's always great to hear from you ladies!!

We cover me in cocoa butter every morning and coconut oil every night. No idea if it will help keep stretchmarks at bay, but I smell delicious all the time hahaha! Mainly it just gives OH something to do, he's feeling pretty useless so this way he's sort of bonding with bump. What lotions and potions are you trying?

Oh and re magpies, I dunno if it's a Brit thing or what, but there's an old song/saying/superstition about how many of the birds you see at once: "one for sorrow; two for joy; three for a girl; four for a boy". Something to do with how they are solitary creatures, so more than one is lucky. ANYWAY I keep seeing four, which is weird. It was one of the first things that made me suspicious, even before I tested.

Hi Lone,
I have horrible winter skin so I have the 10 billion high strength lotions, potions and oils all over my house lol - most recently for my stomach, thighs and breasts have been both Lubriderm ES and Burts Bees Mama Bear a couple of times a day. Personally I think it has helped. Since it's genetic, I keep meaning to ask my mum how her skin did during pregnancy but even though we're on the phone a couple of times a week I keep forgetting to ask her! Anyway, keep up on the slather routine - whatever else, it has shown to help things bounce back after. Also, yes, it smells sooo good haha.

My hubby felt useless, too, but as time has gone on he's had a bigger and bigger list. Painting the nursery, putting furniture together - lately I can't carry laundry about because my belly is in the way, and anything over probably 5 lbs he insists on picking up for me, if I drop stuff and can't (don't want) to pick it up he comes running. Oh, can't do cat litter (i love that one). I have so few chores right now and he keeps so busy - so don't worry, tell hubby it won't last long!

Very cool about the magpies. I never heard of that. Do you have a preference for girl or boy? Any chance you'll find out early like Dream?

Very cool about the magpies. I never heard of that. Do you have a preference for girl or boy? Any chance you'll find out early like Dream?

Nope, no preference at all. We can't decide if we'll find out or not. On the one hand, we don't want to call baby 'it' for another six months; on the other, wondering who we're meeting will hopefully push me through labour...

Aysegul - Wow, you're visiting two big cities!! You must be really excited..

Stella - You are already prepping momma-to-be, good job!! Yeah, you never know what comes in handy.. Sadly, I am not getting any improvement from any of the stuff I bought, I decided to try Lactiful.

Lone - Trust me waiting till 20 weeks is a torture.. But again, you get more time to guess your baby's gender. Let us know if you decide to do it early though.. My guess failed, I was so hoping for a girl.. And now I wouldn't change anything about Ethan obviously, he is everything I ever wanted (even though I have plenty to vent, my LO doesn't like to cuddle, can you believe it?? He is all independent, after he is fed, he is like leave me be, I will smile and coo at you, but I need my space).

We had Ethan's appointment yesterday, the first one since we moved to South Carolina. He is growing well, weight and height wise. Doctor did have one concern, he prefers one direction, his left. So we are to work on making him look at his right side multiple times a day, so he doesn't develop muscle tightness at his right.

@Stella2018 we don't yet just waiting on this guy trying in touch about the money he owes my husband but seems to be ignoring the calls but like I said of he doesn't answer we will be working the season and going around October time!! Really can't wait

@Lady_Alysanne yeah girl I'm super excited my husband has friends there in both cities who were gonna stay with so they can show us some awesome places I'm hoping I mean they know the cities well rather than just big touristy places when I visit somewhere I love to see the parts the locals love as well as touristy areas so I'm super excited for that

Aysegul - I am with you on this, there is no better way than visiting a new place with local friends.. They will know the hidden gems, I always feel like most of the touristy places are overrated..

Hope others are doing good, miss you ladies!!

Lone - I hear you on the debate there. You could always name bubs like Dream but keep it neutral using the gender neutral "they/them" as my sibling-in-law does. Or you can find out or go off a hunch. So exciting anyway!

Lady - What makes a baby prefer one side like that?

Aysegul - I don't know hownyou can stand it lol. I'd be desperate for it to be the fall already so we could go! That's going to be such fun. What do you guys do for work during the season?

Still just plugging along over here haha. Made it through the "cyclone bomb" in one piece and 2 days later enjoying 50° temps w sunshine and a gentle breeze! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I. Am. So. Bored!

OH has gone on a stag weekend. My mother (who we live with at the moment) is also away, so I am home alone with the dog and the ever-growing bump. Everyone we know moved out of our hometown years back, so I have no local friends really. Even if I did know people, it's still two days til scan and hopefully announcing, if all is well, so I have to avoid even our vague acquaintances til then.

It's been about 24 hours now, and my god is it dull. I have no idea how people live alone. (I've never lived alone, not even for a few weeks). I AM GOING SLOWLY MAD and also I think I've eaten a week's worth of food because there's nothing else to do.

Anyway, that's me. Hope you are all well and good!

Aaaand he's back! Me and the dog survived quite nicely though. Boredom aside, I was really enjoying having all the bed to myself and control of the TV too.
15-ish hours until my scan. The hours feel like days...
Just want to know if all is well. Then I can relax a bit (hopefully) and start enjoying the experience. Am convinced something's wrong though. No real reason, just anxiety.

Hi Lone - Glad you made it through! It's rough to be alone when yoi're so anxious but at least you had the puppy lol. I hope the 15 hours pass quick and I'll be by tomorrow to hear the update. I am sure everything is fine but I totally understand the anxiety. How many weeks are you now? Is this 12?

Lone - how was it?

I'm excited to hit the half way point this week. We're having an intimate gender reveal party next Friday night. (March 29) Just immediate families, our parents and siblings. We've known it's a boy since our echo March 7th but haven't told anyone. Our anatomy scan is March 28th and that's when they think we're finding out. heeehee. DH is a big sports guy, so I ordered one of those gender reveal baseballs online with the coloured powder inside. Should be a good time!

Stella - I am not really sure why, Ethan prefers his left since his birth. Perhaps it is because of his position in the womb..
Did you get through the shots? How is everything else, hope sciatic pain decreased for you..

Lone - Being alone has its perk, like you said, having the bed all to yourself.. I guess that is for few days though, living alone completely is no fun. Tbh I am relieved I don't have to anymore.. Glad you made it through.. Now more importantly, how did the scan go?

Next week DH will be interviewing again in another city and I will be alone for 2 days.. and I am so not ready for that..
DH was having a serious chat with our LO during breakfast today, like how he should start to sleep through the night already, letting his parents get some sleep.. Ethan was all smiley face.. It was a hilarious moment!

Dream - Aww that sounds lovely :) Bet they will all be very excited!

Lady - your OH sounds like he's a good fella, and doing his best for you all. Not always easy though, eh? Hope things start to get easier for you both. Work sucks, tbh! I am so glad I work for myself at home, such a lot of flexibility. OH has the 'real job', but I could move wherever he might need to be for work. We could even move abroad if we wanted. Wish everyone could enjoy the same freedom.

Yep, scan went absolutely fine. Needn't have worried. Baby has grown remarkably well since last scan. We are measuring 12+3, just a day over, so EDD is 27.9.19. Saw heartbeat. It did a little wave. All good. I shall worry less, at least for a few days, and try to enjoy growing a human.

babbbby.jpg

Last edited:
Lone - That scan is lovely!!! September is going to be here before you know it, I can't believe how soon your LO will be here. Congrats! And the wave, I can only imagine. Your LO may have taken their sweet time coming into the picture, but they sure seem ready to be on their way now.
I miss living alone sometimes, but those days are over haha.

Dream - That is going to be so nice :) I hope you can get some pics of the cards and such; I don't know how you kept it to yourself this long already, I couldn't keep my mouth shut for 5 minutes! Literally was calling parents on the way home from he doctor's lol. How is the name hunt coming along? Have you started nursery prep or anything?

Lady - Wow! Another city again, lol, where to this time?
And that is so funny. Somehow I think Ethan is going to ignore him until he is darn good and ready. Is Ethan starting to sleep in longer stretches at all?
My back is ok. She is on and off the sciatica; my new theory is that it's when she's head down that it gets worse. Frankly, head down hurts my back, hurts the lady parts, hurts the uterus, hurt it all -- it feels like she head butts!!
And the shots were good; I had a great nurse with a great hand.

4 weeks to go if she decides to hang around until the full 40 weeks (seems highly likely, tbh; I don't think she's in any rush to leave her warm cocoon). There was a huge kids consignment fair this weekend so my Mum and I went to that on Saturday. I got LO so many little clothes all the way up to 12 months, and a really nice carry sling, and only spent $80! I do not know what Mum spent... but I do know that she said she was not telling my step dad haha.
Yesterday my friend came over with her two little boys (2 years and 9 mos) to paint the mural in the nursery. OH was not feeling too social after a long weekend doing household repairs and cleaning (he is nesting hard core) and said he was going to chill in the garage, but one minute with the 2yo and he was sucked in lol. You know those people that just slip seamlessly into Dad-mode? He understood the 2yo gibberish that left me (and his own mother) baffled. I stuck with the 9mo... who was much more interested in OH, anyway. Oddly, he was super fascinated with hubby's bald head, maybe because his dad has a receding hairline? IDK what it was, but even OH went to the kitchen, the baby went crawling after him and both kids totally ditched me. Nice. :)

So here we are... just a lot of waiting around now...Doc appt Thurs afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->