Trying for a boy or girl?

mrs_park

Mummy to THREE BOYS!
Reaction score
Will anyone be "trying" for a particular sex?

After having two beautiful healthy boys, we often get asked 'Will you try for a girl?'. It sort of bugs me, the decision to have a third baby has to be based on more than preference for one sex or the other.

We want (well, *I* want, hubby is 90% sure) to have another baby knowing that its likely we will have three boys (which would be awesome!) but part of me has always wondered what raising a girl would be like. So if we are going to TTC then we are thinking about trying some of the methods to conceive a girl.... Does anyone know anything about it?

I'd really like a girl but I won't be "trying" anything. We want two buey I've said if it's two boys I'd go for third time lucky, dh is not convinced

We can't decide whether to have a third or not and for me that's because I'm not sure yet if I would like 3 boys, if I knew it would be a girl I would TTC now, but I'm not sure if we/I can physically, emotionally and financially deal with a third boy so until I am certain I would be happy with a third boy we are holding off. (It's not that I wouldn't want another boy, I love my boys and 3 boys sounds like a lot of fun, but I worry about the financial strain on our family and the logistics of 3 children...I don't know why but right now it would seem worth the sacrifice for a different gender?) but it's not a good reason to have another baby if it's the only reason, so I'm just trying to referee my heart vs head!

I'll be 'trying' for a boy. But could care less if I had another girl! A healthy baby is all I want

I have a daughter, and she's an angel. I'd LOVE another girl, but my husband, on the other hand, doesn't want to be in a household of all females forever. Lol. But sex doesn't matter completely. Its about having that bundle of joy in my arms with that amazing new baby smell. <3

I would like to have a boy first and then two girls.

I really would love a boy because my family is predominantly females no males , and I would love a girl just because but I think doesn't really matter to me at all as long as I have a healthy baby like we all wish. Regardless I would love to have one of each (I'm kind of hoping for twins lol).

I'd love one of each but I won't be going to the trouble of 'swaying' as I think it's all a lot of effort for something no greater than chance. I agree that it's no reason to try for another baby, but if you're trying for another anyway and have a strong gender preference, there's certainly no harm in trying to sway it!

Good luck, I hope you get your little girl. :)

I would love another girl but my DH wants a boy so I think either way we'll be happy.

When we were ttc last time, we were swaying for a girl but after a year of ttc and a mc, I started to lose interest in swaying. I went for an ultrasound because of a cyst and I was told I was just about to ovulate, I also had ovulation pains. We went home and dtd and this was the cycle we concieved. I was convinced I was gonna have a boy because of when we conceived... But no, had a girly.

I'd love one of each but I won't be going to the trouble of 'swaying' as I think it's all a lot of effort for something no greater than chance. I agree that it's no reason to try for another baby, but if you're trying for another anyway and have a strong gender preference, there's certainly no harm in trying to sway it!

Good luck, I hope you get your little girl. :)

It's much easier swaying for a boy, I wouldn't have to change anything, I think that's why I've got 2 :haha:

We have two boys, and when I picture us having three children, it's three boys! we'll not be swaying - I think another boy would be the easy option! haha!

We're not concerned about gender, although I've always wanted 2 and I always imagined myself with 2 girls :wacko:

Whatever happens happens since this will be #1. I really do want one of each though (wishful thinking huh?), so whenever it's time for #2 I can see us trying the silly wives tales to try to get whichever we don't have!
Ever since I was younger up until a year or two ago I always said I wanted a girl first, even to the point where I felt like I might be upset if it were a boy (don't yell at me! I would of course still be happy and love him unconditionally and just want a healthy baby!!) BUT that's just how I felt I REALLY wanted a girl and wasn't sure what I'd do with a boy (don't have many boys in the family, I'm used to playing with and dressing up little girls). But now I've totally shifted and have no preference whatsoever, I'd be thrilled with a sweet baby boy. Not sure if that's because my cousin had a boy last year and they will get to play and grow up together or if I'm just more ready to TTC now.

DH and I both prefer a boy, but knowing our luck, we will probably have twin girls (which I wouldn't love any less!)

I know there are a few ways/positions/timing during :sex: that can alter the gender, just don't know off the top of my head.

After having two beautiful healthy boys, we often get asked 'Will you try for a girl?'. It sort of bugs me, the decision to have a third baby has to be based on more than preference for one sex or the other.

We want (well, *I* want, hubby is 90% sure) to have another baby knowing that its likely we will have three boys (which would be awesome!) but part of me has always wondered what raising a girl would be like. So if we are going to TTC then we are thinking about trying some of the methods to conceive a girl.... Does anyone know anything about it?

According to the Shettles method, if you want to increase your odds of having a girl, start trying right after your period and continue trying until 2.5 -3 days BEFORE ovulation (if you can pinpoint the day you will ovulate). If you would like a boy, the method says to try on the day before and day of ovulation :) Good luck! I know a lot of people who have tried this method and it has worked! Nothing wrong with swaying the odds ;)

According to the Shettles method, if you want to increase your odds of having a girl, start trying right after your period and continue trying until 2.5 -3 days BEFORE ovulation (if you can pinpoint the day you will ovulate). If you would like a boy, the method says to try on the day before and day of ovulation :) Good luck! I know a lot of people who have tried this method and it has worked! Nothing wrong with swaying the odds ;)

Thank you! I think we might try that..... It can't hurt, right? I have been looking into charting and getting some ovation tests. Its a while off yet though...

Thank you! I think we might try that..... It can't hurt, right? I have been looking into charting and getting some ovation tests. Its a while off yet though...

Shettles has actually been disproven and is surprisingly more accurate if you reverse it (methods to "get boys" are more likely to "get girls" and vice versa). Definitely something to look into!

I know I PM'd you, but you can visit genderdreaming or ingender to learn about how diet, lifestyle, and supplements can help you sway for one gender or the other.

We are going to sway for a girl when we start TTC in November. I already have one boy and would love a little girl. In saying that I won't be completely devastated if we do have another boy (and I already have names I love for both). I have been reading a bit about the Low Everything Diet and plan to follow this somewhat to try and give us the best chance. Will also track my cycles from about July to work out ovulation etc.

Shettles has actually been disproven and is surprisingly more accurate if you reverse it (methods to "get boys" are more likely to "get girls" and vice versa). Definitely something to look into!

I know I PM'd you, but you can visit genderdreaming or ingender to learn about how diet, lifestyle, and supplements can help you sway for one gender or the other.

We fell pregnant on the day of ovulation and 4 days from ovulation, both boys....but there has been only 1 girl born on my husband's side out of 42 children, so I'm not convinced any amount of swaying would help us :haha:

If we try for a 3rd I will probably try some swaying but not extreme swaying as I think swaying for a girl makes it harder to even get pregnant. This is part of the reason I didn't end up swaying with #2.

I'm thinking I will try to follow the diet as best as I can and try the O+12 timing, both times I conceived right on O which sways boy. I also used clomid for DS1 and soy for DS2 so hopefully I can conceive without either as they both sway boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->