Trying for a boy or girl?

I really don't care as long it's healthy. I think in an ideal world i'd like atleast one of each eventually.

I really wouldn't mind if I had another boy or a girl. I don't think there is anything you can do to increase your odds, what is meant to be, will be :)

Will anyone be "trying" for a particular sex?

After having two beautiful healthy boys, we often get asked 'Will you try for a girl?'. It sort of bugs me, the decision to have a third baby has to be based on more than preference for one sex or the other.

We want (well, *I* want, hubby is 90% sure) to have another baby knowing that its likely we will have three boys (which would be awesome!) but part of me has always wondered what raising a girl would be like. So if we are going to TTC then we are thinking about trying some of the methods to conceive a girl.... Does anyone know anything about it?

According to the Shettles method, if you want to increase your odds of having a girl, start trying right after your period and continue trying until 2.5 -3 days BEFORE ovulation (if you can pinpoint the day you will ovulate). If you would like a boy, the method says to try on the day before and day of ovulation :) Good luck! I know a lot of people who have tried this method and it has worked! Nothing wrong with swaying the odds ;)

Thank you! I think we might try that..... It can't hurt, right? I have been looking into charting and getting some ovation tests. Its a while off yet though...

Shettles has actually been disproven and is surprisingly more accurate if you reverse it (methods to "get boys" are more likely to "get girls" and vice versa). Definitely something to look into!

I know I PM'd you, but you can visit genderdreaming or ingender to learn about how diet, lifestyle, and supplements can help you sway for one gender or the other.

I'm just saying what I've researched and heard. And I know several family members and friends who've tried the Shettles method with one or more of their children and it worked in their favor :) I figure it's worth a shot! I've also seen that people reverse what Shettles says and it didn't work out, so that's why I believe mostly in the Shettles method. But who really knows if any of these methods work!!!:shrug: Of course, as long as the baby is healthy, it shouldn't matter what the sex is, but it doesn't hurt trying to sway the odds a bit :)

think i will just see what is meant to be and not try to sway seems like too much effort as long as he/she is healthy i will be happy

When TTC #1 I remember reading that:

Boy sperm swim faster but
Girl sperm live longer

So going by this theory, to have a girl dtd a couple of days before ovulation then the boy sperm will have died off giving the girls a chance!

We've got a girl but she's IVF so all luck!

Will be happy with either if we get chance again!!

Em xxx

Do we think gender swaying actually works? Is there any actual proven theories? Just interested!

As we have a little girl we'd love a boy next time so might look into it when it comes to TTC again

We have 1 girl and another on the way. I always wanted 3 children regardless of gender and that hasn't changed. I'm prepared to be asked if we're 'trying for a boy' next time though! I guess it'd be nice to experience raising both genders but a third girl would be fab too :)

We have a girl and both agree we will try for a boy next time. I always fantasized about having a girl first and then a boy, though two girls would be just fine with me. My hubby on the other hand... Lol...I think a house with three women in it in the future might scare him! Haha!

I want a girl so badly. OH wanted a girl a lot at first, but now says he doesn't really have a preference. Since we are adopting, we know we will get one + of each, one way or another, but I want my baby Anastasia first. I seriously feel like I have known and loved her for about 14 years now, and it just grows. I was going to do the Shettles method, but it looks to be disproven. I haven't read the actual research article yet, so I don't know how legit the study was. I have a feeling that the more we use methods to sway for a girl, the more likely a boy will be LOL. Boys run majorly in both our families. Obviously, we'd be thrilled with either, but I'm hoping for my girl!

I'm really torn (and maybe part of that is my mind trying to protect me so I'm not disappointed no matter what happens).
My DH and I really want a boy.... but at the same time, I think I could see my DD bonding with a little sister more than a little brother (I came from a family of three girls lol). And on top of it all, I don't want to waste too much time "forcing" a sway in any direction potentially missing some of my fertile window.
Anyway we're going to try Shettles this month - I don't necessarily think it's a definitive method, but it's actually quite difficult to "prove" or "disprove" anything... so I figure whatever happens happens, and it just gives us a schedule to BD by so we don't lose track of timing :) I'm also a going to take a look at some of the other resources people mentioned here - no reason just to try one way to sway ;)

I would actually love to have twins my first time , a boy and girl.

:) That's what I was hoping for my first time... but after seeing how much work 1 was (and how much I had to learn) - I'm glad I didn't get my wish lol.

There's an interesting chapter on gender swaying evidence in "the impatient women's guide till getting pregnant"

:) That's what I was hoping for my first time... but after seeing how much work 1 was (and how much I had to learn) - I'm glad I didn't get my wish lol.
Lol I was thinking the same thing, I can't even imagine how hard it has to be.

There's an interesting chapter on gender swaying evidence in "the impatient women's guide till getting pregnant"

I was just looking through that book yesterday at the book store. I was surprised by the study that said there's no difference between couples in their 20's and 30's when their ttcing.

I was reading up on swaying as I've a slight preference for a girl next (want another boy too, but girl first would be my ideal) though I'm not overly fussed. But the diet and a couple of the other things may well increase risk of miscarriage (on one of the gender sites they admit as much), and since my MMC was the worst thing ever to happen to me, no way am I increasing the risk of it happening again. I may use a couple of the things that seem safe to me, but overall healthy pregnancy and baby takes precedence for me.

I was reading up on swaying as I've a slight preference for a girl next (want another boy too, but girl first would be my ideal) though I'm not overly fussed. But the diet and a couple of the other things may well increase risk of miscarriage (on one of the gender sites they admit as much), and since my MMC was the worst thing ever to happen to me, no way am I increasing the risk of it happening again. I may use a couple of the things that seem safe to me, but overall healthy pregnancy and baby takes precedence for me.
Aww, so sorry about your MC kess

Sorry for your loss Kess :hugs: I had a mc before conceiving DS2 so I know your pain xx

I have also read that by only DTD at certain times to conceive a boy or a girl can actually reduce the chance of conceiving that month at all! So I guess if after trying to conceive in the "girl window" for a few months, if I dont conceive I would just start TTC the normal way, just to get pregnant! If that makes sense... LOL

A lot of the dietary things to conceive a girl I seem to do anyway.

I also read that to conceive a girl, the woman shouldn't "enjoy" herself.... That would suck :blush: :rofl:

Aww, so sorry about your MC kess

Thank you. I have my rainbow baby, but that doesn't bring him back.

Sorry for your loss Kess :hugs: I had a mc before conceiving DS2 so I know your pain xx

I have also read that by only DTD at certain times to conceive a boy or a girl can actually reduce the chance of conceiving that month at all! So I guess if after trying to conceive in the "girl window" for a few months, if I dont conceive I would just start TTC the normal way, just to get pregnant! If that makes sense... LOL

A lot of the dietary things to conceive a girl I seem to do anyway.

I also read that to conceive a girl, the woman shouldn't "enjoy" herself.... That would suck :blush: :rofl:

I'm sorry about your MC mrs_park.

Yeah, it seems TTC a girl drops your chance of conceiving at all that cycle. I have a plan though :haha:. We were intending to TTC in October and November, but we only have that couple of month window really (ideally aiming the baby for the following Summer holidays so my sister and maybe MIL who are both teachers can come lend a hand if needed - like if this baby doesn't bloody sleep like DS didn't) so can't afford to lower our chances. I have the last weekend of a training course I'm on atm in early October, so didn't want to TTC before then (my morning sickness with both pregnancies was bad). But I might give a girl sway (doing only the stuff that shouldn't increase our MC risk if we do fall pregnant, yes including restraining myself from the big O :wacko:) a go in September. Only a small chance of getting a BFP, but if we do, I'll trade throwing up all morning at my training for an increased chance of a girl! If no BFP, we'll TTC as normal October and November.

I heard that you have a better chance to have twins if they run in your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->