Trying for a girl... ** Gender update **

Mummy2, yes I suppose that’s a possibility, girl sperm could be there from a previous BD. And if you BD again close to O, then it’s a 50/50 chance....

That’s why the theory is, don’t BD until the day of O if you want to conceive a boy so no chance of the girl sperm waiting and BD 2-5 days before O for girls... and ALL of this is a chance... so ultimately, you may be able to increase the chances of your desired gender but no garantees!!!!

I didn’t think I would be like this at all,my oh is desperate for a girl as he came into my dd life when she was 4yrs and we have a son together,my dd desperately wants a sister and I thought having one of each I wouldnt be bothered this time but I’ve got to the point where I’ve said I am not finding out as I’m scared it’s not a girl and I don’t want to feel awful for being dissapointed and know that once they place the baby on me I will love them no matter what but my word I’m so wanting a girl too and this is the last one now,I even saw that nub theory and started freaking out at my 12wk scan pic as u can’t see it but convinced myself that the leg was a very big nun :haha: and burst into tears,I’m sure it’s just hormones lol xx

Commenting on Shettles...

Husband #1 was an identical twin. His twin had three girls in a row and we had a daughter first, which, genetically, is like the same man having 4 girls in a row. So we used Shettles to try for a boy for #2 and not only did I get pregnant the first month of trying, but got my boy.

With this baby, husband #2 had low testosterone. I wasn't tracking my period or ovulation but I'm pretty sure we had sex several days before ovulation. Both of those things probably led to us getting a girl for #3. Husband is disappointed but I'm thrilled.

Thank you Proser for sharing your experience... so far all stories sounds promising.. still keeping fingers crossed

Just an update... I’m 12 weeks now and told our immediate family and close friends over the holidays and of course no one meant it in a bad way but comments have been “ oh hope it’s a girl this time”... sure does add pressure... but we kept saying, healthy baby is the most important thing....
8 more weeks to find out the gender ...

8 more weeks until you find out! Of course healthy baby is the most important!! :)

I'm interested to see if this is true for me! We DTD multiple days before O/day of O and ended up with a boy. This time DTD 5 and 3 days before O. Hoping baby is a girl but will be happy either way!!

Ok this may sound a little crazy, as the main goal is a healthy baby, but I've been really wanting a girl as I already have 2 boys... I've been doing some reading on how to conceive girls and the main thing that pops up everywhere is the timing of BD... According to the Shettle's theory, girls sperms swim slower but last longer and boy sperm faster but die off... so they suggest to BD 2-4 days before Ovulation to conceive a girl.... Looking at my chart, I peeked on CD20, which means I will probably ovulate CD 21 or CD 22, as much as I want to follow this method to increase the chance of a girl, I don't want to miss the egg either.. Anyone has experience with this and was successful???

View attachment 1070724
It was our first month trying and we have an estimated date for ovulation, I did the girl diet and had sex 3 times leading to ovulation and stopped 3 days before the ovulation. Im so blessed that I got pregnant the first month trying with a girl!

8 more weeks until you find out! Of course healthy baby is the most important!! :)

I'm interested to see if this is true for me! We DTD multiple days before O/day of O and ended up with a boy. This time DTD 5 and 3 days before O. Hoping baby is a girl but will be happy either way!!

sounds promising for a girl Amber... time will tell..

It was our first month trying and we have an estimated date for ovulation, I did the girl diet and had sex 3 times leading to ovulation and stopped 3 days before the ovulation. Im so blessed that I got pregnant the first month trying with a girl!

thanks for sharing your store Baby tc.... so far the shettles theory seems to be right on most...

I can't wait to find out how it does for me...

I think from reading about this stuff myself it’s more important how many times you have sex rather than where in relation to ovulation. If you want a girl it’s better to have sex once, but if you want a boy it’s better to dtd multiple times.

Wanna have you had your 12 week scan? Check out the nub theory if you have

I think from reading about this stuff myself it’s more important how many times you have sex rather than where in relation to ovulation. If you want a girl it’s better to have sex once, but if you want a boy it’s better to dtd multiple times.

I actually read the other way around... that for boys just DTD once close to ovulation and for girls DTD multiple times and stop a few days before...

Wanna have you had your 12 week scan? Check out the nub theory if you have

yes I had my 12 weeks scan and posted on the other group for nub guesses, didn’t get much response... I actually don’t know much about nub theories... here’s the pic if anyone wants to take a guess...

E8C744E1-3439-457C-BCDE-45E9AD43B1BC.jpeg

Looks like a girl. Very long thin nub which is pointing down. If you were earlier than 12+5 weeks then still possible to rise into a boy but looks promising for a girl at the mo

I think there are lots of different theories about when / how many times to dtd. At the end of the day luck probably has a lot to do with it. For me I dtd lots to get my boys all around ovulation, for my daughter I dtd once the day before ovulation- I didn’t plan it that way as my dd was an unplanned pregnancy whereas my boys we tried hard to get them.

The scan was exactly at 12 weeks so you never know...

But you are right, we can try all we want but at the end of the day, it’s all luck and chances....

SO I I have exactly 4 more days left for my 20 weeks anatomy scan.... very nervous about finding out the gender.. I almost don't want to find out just incase if it's a boy.....

SO I I have exactly 4 more days left for my 20 weeks anatomy scan.... very nervous about finding out the gender.. I almost don't want to find out just incase if it's a boy.....
Just read your post. Wish I had tracked my ovulation with all my children I have 4 (2 of each) I'm currently pregnant with baby 5. I'm trying to remember when we dtd lol
Looking forward to finding out if it worked for you x

Following this just because I'm intrigued if the theory is correct for you.
I only tracked my ovulation and cycles for a short while before falling pregnant but I'm pretty sure we DtD 3 days possibly 4 days before O so in that case mine would be another little girl. OH would love a girl, I'm not fussed either way really though I know DD would love a sister xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->