Trying for our 3rd and final baby

Hi there,

We're trying to conceive our third too. I have one of each too and don't really mind which gender we have next. I have reasons for wanting both desperately (which is why I'm hoping for boy-girl twins :haha:) but the reasons cancel each other out meaning I'd be happy with either.

Reason for wanting a boy: My son is autistic and I would love for him to have a brother to watch over and look after him and for my son to learn from. It breaks my heart to think it, but I would love to know what having a neurotypical son is like. I cherish my son with my whole heart, but I do wonder what it would be like to have a 'normal' son.

Reason for wanting a girl: I grew up with brothers and always wanted a sister. So for this reason, I would love to see my little girl get a sister. I'd love to vicariously experience what it's like to have a sister and to give my daughter what I always wanted. I'm also scared if we have another boy he'll also be autistic as it's more common in boys.

We're staying team yellow next time.

As for boy swaying, I can only repeat what others have said. Timing sex just before ovulation is supposed to help, as are deep penetration positions. Good luck.

Omg I don't know what I would do with twins! Amalia is still so small! Lol. Honestly I'm fine with either. I just know my DH would love a son. I'm not very good at being pregnant though, so honestly what I really want is to get it over with! :lol:

Hope everyone is doing well. On CD 19, but I hope to O in a few days.

Would be neat to find out soon after Thanksgiving.

:dust: Good luck as everyone waits and waits . . .

So I'm in the minority here with two boys then! I know that with DS2 we dtd the day of a positive OPK (so before O). DS1 was a shock so no idea :wacko:

I don't mind what we get this time (we're more NTNP so I think it's a if not a when). I recently had a chemical and had a couple of "feelings" that was my girl. DH would like a little girl I think - mostly because our boys are mama's boys and he sees his mates with girls and I think he'd like to be the favourite for once :blush:

I'm on cd17 not doing any opk or anything but thinking we should dtd as I usually O around 16-19 I think.

Good luck all :dust:

I got a positive opk today so looks like tomorrow is O day. We have been dtd everyday this past week so we shall see what happens. I think I will start testing the day after Thanksgiving. I really hope this is our month! :dust:

How are we doing ladies? Five dpo for me. I'm starting to get a bit hopeful for this cycle. (The first week is so boring). I'm planing to test on thanksgiving day! Good luck everyone. Keep us updated!

7dpo here tested yesterday and today because I have a bunch of ic's, and a bit of a poas addict, lol.

4dpo here and feeling the itch to not wait till 14dpo, but crack out the tests on 10dpo instead. Agh! I really really don't want to!!!

Ooh, next week should be exciting. :) Hopefully, lots of :bfp: to announce. ;)

Hoping for bfps all around!

Is anyone symptom spotting yet? I'm really trying hard not to...trying. :lol: I've told myself I won't test till af is due. Hopefully I can stick to that one at least. Why is it so hard not to poas? :p

No symptoms here really but I am very early in my tww.

I will start testing this Thursday/Friday.

I sees so many people who get early positives that I guess that is why it gives me the pull to poas earlier than I should.

Mychelle do you have symptoms?

Last cycle I had EVERY symptom in the book and I wasn't imagining them and it just turned out to be af in the end. This time around, nothing yet. But of coarse now I am seeing the lack of signs as a symptom. :haha:

I've actually caught a nasty cold so any symptoms I may or may not have could easy be from that. My whole family has it of course, including the baby. My little one is all snotty and just miserable. I hate seeing her suffer like that. :(. Hopefully it clears up soon.

Sorry to hear that Mychelle. I'm right there with you. I caught my daughter's cold that she got 10 days ago. I'm surprised it's taken me this long to catch. I feel horrendous, which puts a dampener on symptom spotting. Yesterday my husband gave me a lie in. I slept till 10:30 I was that tired, but then I was in bed again by 21:30 because I felt so awful! I hope it passes soon.

Getting a cold can be a symptom of pregnancy as a hormone release within hours of fertilisation lowers your immune system, which makes you more susceptible to getting ill. When I was in the TWW with my daughter's pregnancy I caught HFM around 6dpo. I hope it's a good sign that I'm ill now, but I think that's just wishful thinking!

Hi I am new to the ttc forums and ttc baby #3 I have to boys and would hope for a girl but healthy is the goal I had the implanon removed a month ago and I am feeling impatient using opk's but I have irregular after cycles

Hi I am new to the ttc forums and ttc baby #3 I have to boys and would hope for a girl but healthy is the goal I had the implanon removed a month ago and I am feeling impatient using opk's but I have irregular after cycles

Welcome TTC_BABY I hope that you are surprised with a healthy #3 soon! Irregular cycles can be very frustrating for sure. Are the opks getting any darker for you?

Thanks Nitengale I am using clearblue digital opk and had af for 5 days beginning 13th Nov so I am hoping I will get the surge soon I know it takes time but we are so excited that maybe I am concentrating to much on it

I know what you mean. Things feel like they are taking so much longer than they actually are. Its too bad that its so hard to just relax and enjoy the whole process.

Hello ttc_baby_3 and welcome. Im nine dpo personally and planing to test Thursday or Friday...depending on af appearance of course. I told myself I wasn't going to waste money on tests I don't need this time around...not sure how long that will last though. Im also stuck with a stupid cold that's killing any fun this cycle may have held. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->