Trying not to be a fatty this time round!!

vicki2007

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I found out a week ago that I am pregnant with my second baby :happy dance: , I am over the moon about this but am keen to have a much healthier pregnancy this time round.

When I was pregnant with DD I gained A LOT of weight and whilst I did loose it all after it was hard. I also think I would struggle at that size whilst having to run around after a toddler this time!

Basically I am trying to see if anyone else is in a similar boat? I have gone to slimming world since having DD and plan to keep going throughout this pregnancy as well as light exercise…so if anyone else wants to try and avoid the excess pounds this time you can keep me company :)

Hiya! I'm also wanting to gain necessary weight but not cake weight! My son is 5 and I also found out last week that we are expecting number 2. When pregnant with my son I had a high bmi (32) and had a terrible pregnancy and birth experience. I was on hospital at 20 weeks as I couldn't breathe properly. Obesity was the reason according to the doc after all the tests! Also, the epidural didn't work and I had a shocking delivery. I have lost alot of weight and am starting this pregnancy with a bmi of 22. This time I am determined to eat really healthy, nutritious food with treats only at weekend and gentle exercise. It's good to see someone wishing to monitor their weight too!

Hi!

I totally agree and am just trying to limit the excess weight gain. Im trying to remind myself that there is no reason to gain weight at all in first tri and therefore back away from the chocolate lol...(although Saturdays are treat days 😉)

How are you feeling so far?

I'm feeling really good thankfully but am getting a bit tired! I'm also a bit spaced out, for the first time this year I sent my son to school without his pe uniform! I'm normally organised! How are you doing?

This is my plan this pregnancy (as you can see from the title of my journal) I plan on eating more healthy and being fit instead of gaining a ton of excess weight with my son.

I gained 40lbs with DS, and 15 never went away until I actually signed up for a gym membership and started taking classes 4 days a week.

Right now it's easy not to over eat because I am so sick I hardly eat at all and have lost 2lbs in first tri.

I've cut out all soda, candy, and junkfood, and haven't bought any since. All my meals are home made or I order healthy or low cal dishes if we eat out. I NEVER go to fast food restaurants.

I plan to go to the gym 4 days a week once my awful nausea subsides, and I eat or cook healthy meals only that I find online on Pinterest. I also have cheats in case I ever have a craving for things like soda, chocolate or ice cream. Instead of soda I will buy sparkling flavored water, naturally flavored with zero calories and no sugar. Instead of chocolate I buy Skinny Cow chocolate, and instead of ice cream I buy Italian ice, Skinny Cow ice cream, or Weight Watchers ice cream. I usually check the back of just about every item I buy for the lowest calorie and lowest sugar intake, because even yogurt can be high in sugar.

Wow you really have it planned out lock and key! For me, I have cut out junk during the week and am eating home made meals with tons of fruit and veg added. This was yesterday:

Breakfast: bowl of bran flakes with raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
Snack: banana
Lunch: baked sweet potato with cheese, half tin tuna, tomatoes, peppers, spinach
Snack: an Orange
Dinner: Turkey stir fry with loads of veggies and rice noodles
Snack: bowl fruit salad and natural yoghurt, handful sunflower seeds. Through the day I drank around 4 pints of water, one decaf tea and 2 decaf coffees.

I don't handle being hungry very well so I like to have big meals! Thankfully when I eat well i don't crave junk as much!

I also did 30 mins on crossttrainer. I'm not sick yet or anything so it will be interesting to see how I'm managing in a few weeks!

Yes in a similar position, put ALOT of weight on when pregnant with my son, lost it all again but it was hard. Been doing slimming world for a year and a half so plan to continue throughout my pregnancy. I hope I don't end up putting loads on again, not easy right now I'm starving all the time, and have to eat to stop the nausea. Fruit doesn't cut it!

You guys sound like your doing great! I've been taking big salads to work with me for lunch and making sure that all the dinners I make are homemade and healthy etc, I never normally eat breakfast but I know as this pregnancy goes on I'll have to start.

I have only had a little bit of nausea so far, I wasn't sick once with my DD though so hoping i'll be lucky this time round as well.

I think we will all naturally be so much more active this time as we all already have children, I know my DD does not believe in letting mummy rest haha!

I am trying to be healthier this pregnancy. With DS, I was already 25 pounds heavier than I am now (I am currently at a healthy weight, BMI of 21.) Then I gained 33 pounds throughout my pregnancy. My goal this pregnancy is to end around where I started last time. I already cut out almost all processed food prior to getting pregnant and incorporated a lot more veggies. The only sweets I eat at all is 75% dark chocolate but I try to keep that low since dark chocolate has a decent amount of caffeine in it. I juice carrot, cucumber and kale for breakfast. The only thing that I drink that isn't water is club soda with lime and I am doing the 21 day fix work outs. I've been kind of avoiding the cardio for the most part because the HIIT type of workout makes me nervous with being pregnant. I don't even feel pregnant yet though. I'm hoping it's just because I'm so early and I'm healthier this time around but I haven't had any symptoms yet besides just being tired. I'm sure now that I said that, morning sickness will hit and I will be begging for these days back.

Can't wait to stop feeling so crummy, I'm really craving a beet, feta, and arugula salad p:

That sounds yummy lock and key! Britt rashel, you are doing great, I like the idea of juicing, must think of getting a juicer! I know what you mean about some exercise, it can feel a bit 'too much' when pregnant! I'm sticking to swimming/ cross trainer and muscle strengthening. I used to go to horse riding lessons but I wouldn't feel safe doing that now!

That sounds yummy lock and key! Britt rashel, you are doing great, I like the idea of juicing, must think of getting a juicer! I know what you mean about some exercise, it can feel a bit 'too much' when pregnant! I'm sticking to swimming/ cross trainer and muscle strengthening. I used to go to horse riding lessons but I wouldn't feel safe doing that now!

I LOVE juicing. Especially since I have a hard time getting a lot of veggies in. It's a quick way for me to get all the nutrients in. I might try adding a little bit of ginger when my morning sickness picks up intensity.

I think I've accepted that the only cardio I'll be doing for the next 9 months is walking my dogs. I'll just stick to my strength training and try to be careful with what I'm eating. Cardio just doesn't feel that great right now. I'm probably being paranoid but I already have anxiety over enough things, worrying about whether my workout could hurt the baby is not something I care to add to that list.

I'm in a similar but slightly different situation. With my first 2 pregnancies, I was tiny when I got pregnant, gained A LOT, but most of it came off. I gained a lot of weight between #2 & #3 (but didn't know why). I worked my butt off, lost it, and then got pregnant. I gained an ok amount but 2-3 month long bed rest at 3 months definitely didn't help. I gained a TON of weight (like 45 pounds) in the last 6 months. Finally was diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance. Started a new healthy diet to control my insulin resistance. And then 2 weeks later found out I was pregnant! My health coach upped my calories by like 100 but I'm still on the diet.
Which consists of: lots of protein and for lunch & supper 1/2 my plate is veggies. I miss all the junk but would rather have a healthy pregnancy with no gestational diabetes.

Hi Jamie sue! Yes, my sister has pcos too and she is also trying to stick to a special diet for it. I think when you get used to a certain way of eating it becomes habit and you don't miss the junk (as much).
Well my husband decided that he wanted a Chinese takeaway last night so I ended up eating a portion of ribs and spring rolls, he then produced the Ben and jerrys with the words ' it's ok, you're eating for two!' I fear that he will be my healthy diet downfall! Anyway, it's the weekend so I'm allowing myself a few bad food choices as long as the majority of what I'm eating is nutrient dense! How is everyone else doing?

Hi Jamie sue! Yes, my sister has pcos too and she is also trying to stick to a special diet for it. I think when you get used to a certain way of eating it becomes habit and you don't miss the junk (as much).
Well my husband decided that he wanted a Chinese takeaway last night so I ended up eating a portion of ribs and spring rolls, he then produced the Ben and jerrys with the words ' it's ok, you're eating for two!' I fear that he will be my healthy diet downfall! Anyway, it's the weekend so I'm allowing myself a few bad food choices as long as the majority of what I'm eating is nutrient dense! How is everyone else doing?

Ugh, I majorly fell off the wagon tonight too. We went to cracker barrel tonight since my DH is finally back home after being out of town for two weeks and I couldn't resist the call of pancakes. I ate way too much. What's worse is that I know tomorrow night isn't going to be any better. A girlfriend of mine and I are going to go see Rodgers + Hammerstein's Cinderella downtown tomorrow night and we are going to go have dinner at this little Italian place in the theater district. So, very heavy food. Oh well, I can't be overly strict all the time. I am taking DS to the pool tomorrow so I will make sure to be very active all day and keep the rest of my food pretty light and healthy.

I ended up at a bbq yesterday and ate a ton including choc fudge cake! Going to try and have a super healthy day to make up for it! I have no willpower at the weekend's! I ended up telling all my husband's family as they kept trying to convince me to have wine, I started to feel rude saying no! So only over 5 weeks and half the country knows I'm expecting, I would never get a job as a spy!

I love going to the theatre Britt rashel, I hope you enjoyed your night!

I love going to the theatre Britt rashel, I hope u enjoyed your night!x

Hello ladies.
I'd like to join your group for not getting to be a big fatty being pregnant.
Sadly I'm at the heaviest I have been. It's a terrible excuse and I should have stopped it but I had a long drawn out mmc in dec and jan and have piled on the weight through emotional eating. I'd also put alot of weight on in the first tri of that mmc pregnancy because I was extremely sick and had to eat but not vomiting.
Anyway - here I am at 9 weeks pregnant and am the same weight I was a week after I gave birth to dd.
I'm hoping the nausea subsides in the second tri (it didn't with dd though) So I can exercise.

I have lost 4 lb so far from nausea/vvomiting lack of appetite This time.

I'm just going to have to work hard in the new year to lose the weight.

I ended up at a bbq yesterday and ate a ton including choc fudge cake! Going to try and have a super healthy day to make up for it! I have no willpower at the weekend's! I ended up telling all my husband's family as they kept trying to convince me to have wine, I started to feel rude saying no! So only over 5 weeks and half the country knows I'm expecting, I would never get a job as a spy!

Oh, me either! I couldn't say anything to anyone last week because DH was out of town but when he got back, we couldn't stop talking about it. We were originally going to wait until after my first appointment next week but it kind of came out when we were with my family yesterday. So, we told my immediate family but my dad was just too excited about it. He kept telling everyone he saw that he was going to be a grandpa again. It was too sweet for me to be irritated about. So now all of my family knows. We told DH's mom at dinner tonight which led to telling all of his family too.

I love going to the theatre Britt rashel, I hope you enjoyed your night!

It was awesome! We are already planning on going to see Phantom of the Opera when it comes to town in November. Then Wicked next year.

Hello ladies.
I'd like to join your group for not getting to be a big fatty being pregnant.
Sadly I'm at the heaviest I have been. It's a terrible excuse and I should have stopped it but I had a long drawn out mmc in dec and jan and have piled on the weight through emotional eating. I'd also put alot of weight on in the first tri of that mmc pregnancy because I was extremely sick and had to eat but not vomiting.
Anyway - here I am at 9 weeks pregnant and am the same weight I was a week after I gave birth to dd.
I'm hoping the nausea subsides in the second tri (it didn't with dd though) So I can exercise.

I have lost 4 lb so far from nausea/vvomiting lack of appetite This time.

I'm just going to have to work hard in the new year to lose the weight.

I totally get that. I am an emotional eater too. It took me quite a while to break that habit. What helped a lot was starting out with substituting satisfying healthier alternatives for my snacking. Dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Air popped popcorn with garlic powder and salt vs. chips or butter covered popcorn. Fruit instead of sweets. Eventually I got mostly off of snacking all together but having substitutes helped in the interim. Just don't be too hard on yourself. Exercising helps a lot too, not only physically but emotionally as well. The nausea can make it really hard but even just going for a walk outside is great! Being in nature generally will boost your mood and exercise will release endorphins to make you happier. Have you tried gin gins for the morning sickness? I haven't had morning sickness yet (thank goodness) but I know people who swear by them so I bought them for once it starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->