Trying something new

militarymama

Reaction score
So my husband and I are trying a few new things this cycle. First off I'm putting the guess work back into the equation . I realized that I'm becoming obsessed with learning how to chart , opks and all that other nonsense and its making me crazy so I'm ditching those and starting to rely on the signs my body gives me . I did however make another investment . I purchased pre seed and soft cups just to give the sperm a chance and to keep those little guys up there . The last thing we're trying is baby dancing when we WANT to , just because it became a job rather than being something we enjoyed . So hopefully if we start to act like those people that just get pregnant without "trying" (minus the softcups and pre seed) maybe we'll become those people! Fingers crossed !

I was in a health food store looking up some natural things, you know, to promote fertility and the woman running the place was like "you know, it's sometimes just a mental thing - you want it so badly and your mind is getting in the way. Just don't think about it."

Easier said than done, right?!

I found I was exhausting myself and my husband, and it felt like a chore. Like you, I am taking the time to enjoy it and only doing it when I feel like it, not making it a time sensitive chore.

So many people I know said they got pregnant without trying, so here's to not trying!

Best of luck to you!

Hello Ladies - totally agree with all you say.....We have just had a failed IVF which sent me into a big black hole of despair but we just need to get back to some normality......But before I knew it - I was charting again etc and it's just too much!

And if I had a pound for every time someone said to relax and not think about it.....I would be a zillionaire.

I am desperate to not be trying and get back to some normality with the baby dancing - that took a hit big time. But cosy nights in as it gets colder seems to be doing the trick!!!!

Honestly, DH and I were trying for 9 months (11 cycles) for our first and I was the same. OPKs, temping, charting, timing BD, testing everyday (sometimes more than once) a week before AF was due. I even tried feeding DH fertility supplements, which he was not pleased about.

Finally it was stressing us both out so much I said FORGET IT! And I put away my thermometer, chucked the opks, and didn't buy any more tests.

That month I did notice EWCM and that I was feeling very frisky at the same time. We BD that night and the next day I felt ovulation pains. 11 days after that I knew I had 1 last test and decided to take it so that I could not test early for the next cycle.

To my surprise it was my very first BFP.

That gives me hope that maybe now since I've put more effort into enjoying the time with my husband instead of using him for his swimmies that it might work for us . Hopefully we can all learn how to just kind of let nature do what its going to do . Good luck to everyone !

I actually got my BFP the second cycle TTC and ended up having a miscarriage early on, but I've become so obsessed with checking my cervix/cm and any other body signals. Up to this point, however, I've refused to temp or use OPKs. I just think that would stress me out. I'm sorta thinking of just taking a step back for now. Though everything depends on what my CD3 test results say. Find out tomorrow morning.

I truly hope everything works out for everyone ! I'm just praying that when I do have children one day and they ask how babies are made I can say "when a mommy and daddy love eachother very much " , not "when a mommy loses her mind with little pee sticks and thermometers and ff every month" lol .

I also gave up some thing I use at first, ow I only temp and check my cm, and I hope it'll be enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->