Trying Soy Isoflavens for the very first time! Come join if you are too?

Im not ovulating on my own.. giving soy a try... lets see what happens next. Tomorrow is my last dose.

I also have not been ovulating so I decided to take Soy. So far I feel fine and I'm hoping I O on Wednesday as that's when my OH will be home for a couple days. He works in the oilfields which makes things difficult

Im not ovulating on my own.. giving soy a try... lets see what happens next. Tomorrow is my last dose.

I also have not been ovulating so I decided to take Soy. So far I feel fine and I'm hoping I O on Wednesday as that's when my OH will be home for a couple days. He works in the oilfields which makes things difficult

Im starting to get a few pimples on my forhead...I dont know if thats normal or not... But Im really hoping to ovulate and get a bfp this cycle! Fingers crossed for all of us!! And hope you ovulate soon!!

YAAAAAAAAAY I think I'm fiiiiiinally starting my period!!!!

(TMI alert) lots of brown stringy grossness today, so I'm guessing tomorrow there will be actual BLOOD! This means that we can actually start TTC again and I can start taking the soy. I'm really hopeful that it will work since last time Clomid worked so well for me.

Fingers crossed!

So today is the last day for my soy dose... I am on cd9. So far I haven't felt anything but a longer period. I started on October 7, and it is now Oct 15 and I usually only bleed for five days...so something tells me that Soy may not work for me, but probably have an adverse affect. So thats disappointing.

Hopefully it will work anyways, layla!

AFM: I'm still spotting brownish gunk. Come ON, AF! Never thought I would want my period so much lol

Update for me: so I'm starting to wonder if this brownish gunk IS my period... or all the period I'm going to get anyways. It's not very heavy but since I'm breastfeeding my hormones throw everything out of whack and I'm really starting to think this is all I will get. So now the question is: Should I go ahead and take the soy now? or keep waiting?

opinions please.... :/

Ace28, thats a tough one..... I would think that if its continuous, maybe go for the soy.... I didnt know you were breastfeeding also! So am i! I have a short luteal phase because of it and not sure if i am ovulating or weak ovulation! I test positive on opk but never get the thermal shift, so im thinking it doesnt make it.... I heard that the soy isoflavens should give me a stronger O and a stronger O means more progesterone and should lengthen my luteal phase..... Not sure though. What have you heard about our breastfeeding hormones? Id really like to know your insight. Ive only been ttc for three months, but if i can get to ovulate, ill be that much closer....

Ace28, thats a tough one..... I would think that if its continuous, maybe go for the soy.... I didnt know you were breastfeeding also! So am i! I have a short luteal phase because of it and not sure if i am ovulating or weak ovulation! I test positive on opk but never get the thermal shift, so im thinking it doesnt make it.... I heard that the soy isoflavens should give me a stronger O and a stronger O means more progesterone and should lengthen my luteal phase..... Not sure though. What have you heard about our breastfeeding hormones? Id really like to know your insight. Ive only been ttc for three months, but if i can get to ovulate, ill be that much closer....

That's exactly what happens to me- positive OPK and then no thermal shift. I got some weird mid-cycle spotting 7 days after my last positive OPK that I think was actually supposed to be a period... and then had a 37ish day cycle and now more spotting. So I think I'm just not bleeding....

As far as breastfeeding hormones go, I have heard that it is very common to have short luteal phase postpartum. How old is your baby? Mine is 12m now and I've only had the one real bleed, the rest has been spotting... so not sure what to think! I've heard that the more cycles you have, though, the longer your LP should get.

That's exactly what happens to me- positive OPK and then no thermal shift. I got some weird mid-cycle spotting 7 days after my last positive OPK that I think was actually supposed to be a period... and then had a 37ish day cycle and now more spotting. So I think I'm just not bleeding....

As far as breastfeeding hormones go, I have heard that it is very common to have short luteal phase postpartum. How old is your baby? Mine is 12m now and I've only had the one real bleed, the rest has been spotting... so not sure what to think! I've heard that the more cycles you have, though, the longer your LP should get.

ace28 my daughter is 16 months old and i got my first period when she was 13 months old. I started noticing the short luteal phase the last two cycles and i believe its been 7 days both times. So im hoping for the best with the soy and im also taking b6 and prenatals.... I have vitex but its a low in mg and dont want to take a bunch of those.

Guys ? Excuse my ignorance but what does this soy stuff do exactly ? And how do you take it ?

Update : I finally got my positive OPK on CD 14 I think?
https://i39.tinypic.com/2ihxysh.jpg

According to three of the apps I have on my phone, I am right on schedule? I'm hoping the soy did help me ovulate? I have a 14 day LP so we will see if anything comes about, also this is my birthday month! I will be 25 on the 26th.. Lol.

Wouldn't that be an awesome birthday gift?

Guys ? Excuse my ignorance but what does this soy stuff do exactly ? And how do you take it ?

Soy works like clomid. It inhibits the estrogen receptors in your body, which makes your body think you have less estrogen than you actually do. Estrogen is released from your follicles as they mature, so if your body senses low estrogen it will release more follicle stimulating hormones in order to stimulate your follicles to mature and thus produce more estrogen. Once estrogen reaches a certain level, it triggers a buildup of LH, which causes you to ovulate.

So, in essence, soy isoflavens can cause ovulation in women who do not ovulate or cause stronger ovulation in those who have weak ovulation.

You take it like you would Clomid, once a day, cycle days 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8, or 5-9. Dosage varies from 80-200mg.

According to three of the apps I have on my phone, I am right on schedule? I'm hoping the soy did help me ovulate? I have a 14 day LP so we will see if anything comes about, also this is my birthday month! I will be 25 on the 26th.. Lol.

LittleBunnie, that is AWESOME. Congrats on getting your positive- looks like soy worked for you! Now get to the :sex:!!!

As for me, just when I had decided to consider this spotting my period and start taking soy tonight (CD3), I wiped and there was some pink tinged CM mixed in with the brown. GAH! So I will wait ONE. MORE. DAY. Tomorrow, either way, is Soy Day (dammit!).

Soy works like clomid. It inhibits the estrogen receptors in your body, which makes your body think you have less estrogen than you actually do. Estrogen is released from your follicles as they mature, so if your body senses low estrogen it will release more follicle stimulating hormones in order to stimulate your follicles to mature and thus produce more estrogen. Once estrogen reaches a certain level, it triggers a buildup of LH, which causes you to ovulate.

So, in essence, soy isoflavens can cause ovulation in women who do not ovulate or cause stronger ovulation in those who have weak ovulation.

You take it like you would Clomid, once a day, cycle days 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8, or 5-9. Dosage varies from 80-200mg.

LittleBunnie, that is AWESOME. Congrats on getting your positive- looks like soy worked for you! Now get to the :sex:!!!

As for me, just when I had decided to consider this spotting my period and start taking soy tonight (CD3), I wiped and there was some pink tinged CM mixed in with the brown. GAH! So I will wait ONE. MORE. DAY. Tomorrow, either way, is Soy Day (dammit!).

I'm Nadia btw. Nice to meet you. :flower: Does your flow always happen like this?

I'm Nadia btw. Nice to meet you. :flower: Does your flow always happen like this?

I'm Ayslinn. You can call me Ace. =)

It's been like this since I had my first bubs. Bled once and now this is my second time spotting since then. Blahhh.

So happy for you bunny! Hope this is your month! My birthday is on the 27th! I'll be 32...Hopefully I get a strong egg and ovulation and make this a great birthday!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Ace28, I would just give the soy a try...you don't have anything to lose if it's not your af! But I'm betting that it is! I never had spotting during my time before my first cycle while breastfeeding....I think if it's going to work, it will...because in my case, I'm thinking it's not going to work...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...I want to at least start ovulating...

So happy for you bunny! Hope this is your month! My birthday is on the 27th! I'll be 32...Hopefully I get a strong egg and ovulation and make this a great birthday!!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Ace28, I would just give the soy a try...you don't have anything to lose if it's not your af! But I'm betting that it is! I never had spotting during my time before my first cycle while breastfeeding....I think if it's going to work, it will...because in my case, I'm thinking it's not going to work...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...I want to at least start ovulating...

What happens if I take the first dose tonight and then AF (bleeding) starts for real tomorrow? Would it still be okay?

October is a good birthday month. =) My mom, brother, and son are all born in this month! Happy birthday, October babies. :)

Ace28, I think if real af starts tomorrow, even better....even if you start soy today...but if you feel safer trying tomorrow, just go with your gut instinct...

Ace28, I think if real af starts tomorrow, even better....even if you start soy today...but if you feel safer trying tomorrow, just go with your gut instinct...

I just checked again... and got a bit of actual BLOOD. WAHOOO!!! So tomorrow really IS soy day lol.

im thinking about trying soy inso. I just don't understand how much to take and what cycle days to take it. I have approx. 31-34 day cycles ovulation is usually 14-16. im starting to track my cycle by temping although its hard I do have a 10 month old baby so when I wake up I forget sometimes. im going to start tracking it a lot better, so we can try our first month of ttc in dec or jan. just need ideas please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->