Trying Soy Isoflavens for the very first time! Come join if you are too?

Hi ladies I would like to join=) I'm on cd 9 right now and this was my first cycle doing soy ISO. I took 200mg days 3-7. Praying that I finally get my sticky bean! DH and I have been ntnp for two years and actively ttc for the last 3 1/2 years and quite honestly I don't know how much more I can take. I have PCOS with insulin resistance, low progesterone levels, and all the other classic pcos symptoms. So I'm on 1500mg of metformin, the soy like I said and a crapload of other vitamins and supplements and such. Anyways I love hearing success stories of first cycle soy ISO! Thanks ladies! Much love and baby dust!

Welcome aboard! :) Did you have any weird side effects from the soy? I got extremely irritable on it. Lol. My poor DH.

Welcome aboard! :) Did you have any weird side effects from the soy? I got extremely irritable on it. Lol. My poor DH.

Thanks, I don't think I had any from the soy...I also took black cohosh cd 1-12 and that made me a hysterical mess lol but I cant pin point any side effects specifically to the soy. But DH more then had his hands full with my mood swings due to everything I'm taking all combined. What cd are you? Tww? I'm still waiting for o day. I'm not temping or using opks this cycle though just kind of winging it as far as bd goes. I find when I try to do everything at once if it doesn't work that month I get too depressed to continue it so I add in a few different things at a time.

Hi everyone! It's been a few days since I've posted anything.....I've been doing opks and they are all the same....so Ace28, I think you are right...but hopefully I ovulate within the next week....I haven't really felt anything except yesterday i had lots of pinching on my left side ovary area....but no cm since my cycle started...negative opks...not sure if that's normal....just waiting....been taking my prenatal a and vitamin b6..think I might try vitex next if nothing comes of this cycle, but I'm trying to stay positive! How are you all doing?

Hi everyone! It's been a few days since I've posted anything.....I've been doing opks and they are all the same....so Ace28, I think you are right...but hopefully I ovulate within the next week....I haven't really felt anything except yesterday i had lots of pinching on my left side ovary area....but no cm since my cycle started...negative opks...not sure if that's normal....just waiting....been taking my prenatal a and vitamin b6..think I might try vitex next if nothing comes of this cycle, but I'm trying to stay positive! How are you all doing?

What CD are you on again?

As for me... one more day of taking soy to go! I'm thinking ahead to trying to plan insemination (we use donor sperm) but it's frustrating because I have NO IDEA when I might O! On Clomid, I got my +OPK on day 19 and O'd CD20... but I also took my clomid CD5-9 instead of 1-5 like with the soy. So IDK.

Also, remind me ladies... how many days after last soy dose do I need to wait to take OPKs to avoid false positive?

Also, anyone who charts know or possibly know why fertility friend gave me the open-dot today instead of filled in? I know my temp was a little low but I took it at the normal time and wasn't sleep deprived...

Hi! I'm on cd15 today...haven't done opk yet..I have class till tonight...I just want to ovulate.....lol I stopped using fertility friend...I'm going to just try opks and watch cm...hoping for the best...I always got the dotted lines because I skipped days if temps...don't know if that's the same...as got the soy, I didn't know you get false positives for opk...I did soy days 5-9 and am on cd 15 now...I read that youre supposed to ovulate 3-6 days after your last dose....but who knows...

Soy actually pushed O back by about 4 days for me...I thought I was ovulating on CD16, but it didn't actually happen until CD23. At least, that's what FF is telling me. At 5dpo, I'm not having any post-o symptoms at all.

Ahhhh been a little bit since my last post, unfortunately I don't think this will be my month as OH got called out to work while I was ovulating! Grrr! Maybe next month!

Hi! How is the soy working for you ladies?! Today is cd18 for me and got a smiley on clear blue digital....last month was cd23 when I got a smiley! So I'm hoping I ovulate! I didn't test yesterday....I was out all day...but we dtd Monday and Wednesday day night....hopefully that's enough prior to my positive.....what do you ladies think? I don't feel any ovulation symptoms though....
No ewcm either...what's the deal?

Hi! How is the soy working for you ladies?! Today is cd18 for me and got a smiley on clear blue digital....last month was cd23 when I got a smiley! So I'm hoping I ovulate! I didn't test yesterday....I was out all day...but we dtd Monday and Wednesday day night....hopefully that's enough prior to my positive.....what do you ladies think? I don't feel any ovulation symptoms though....
No ewcm either...what's the deal?

I've read soy/clomid can dry up your natural CM. BDing Wed might be enough to get your preggers- if today is O day, can you slip in another roll in the hay? :lol:

AFM: I think the soy is working! My temps this time around are very consistent and regular, not erratic like last month. I am SUPER wet today (sorry, tmi, lol) but it is creamy not clear, so I'm guessing my body is building up to O. I'm getting excited about this cycle!

Oh! And, the second day after taking soy, I got a couple almost-positive OPKs. My temp stayed down, however, and I had luckily read about the risk of false positive OPKs the first few days after taking your last soy dose, so I didn't freak. Lol. About to go POAS and see what the OPKs say today!

Oh! And, the second day after taking soy, I got a couple almost-positive OPKs. My temp stayed down, however, and I had luckily read about the risk of false positive OPKs the first few days after taking your last soy dose, so I didn't freak. Lol. About to go POAS and see what the OPKs say today!

Thats great Ace28!! I'm thinking maybe mine was a false positive? I got the smiley that one time yesterday morning but about four hours later it was negative again...negative by ten pm and negative today....BUT I didn't have a chance to test at all in Wednesday....we didn't dtd last night either...so I only have two times of dtd this cycle if I in fact ovulated....I'm not checking temps this cycle...when my next cycle starts I'm going to use soy, take my temp, mucinex, and dtd every other day...think I'm out this cycle....so gotta wait for next one and hope for a strong ovulation with a longer lp....
Ace, what cd are you on again? I'm on cd19...

Thats great Ace28!! I'm thinking maybe mine was a false positive? I got the smiley that one time yesterday morning but about four hours later it was negative again...negative by ten pm and negative today....BUT I didn't have a chance to test at all in Wednesday....we didn't dtd last night either...so I only have two times of dtd this cycle if I in fact ovulated....I'm not checking temps this cycle...when my next cycle starts I'm going to use soy, take my temp, mucinex, and dtd every other day...think I'm out this cycle....so gotta wait for next one and hope for a strong ovulation with a longer lp....

It only takes one little spermy... :) are you sure it was a false positive? I've gotten them with wondfos but never with clear blue.... In fact, I never ever got a smiley on them until my first cycle on clomid!

I'm CD9. I had to wait foreeeeeever for my dang period and that put me behind. I'm thinking O around Halloween but obviously not sure with the soy.

What was that about using mucinex?

It only takes one little spermy... :) are you sure it was a false positive? I've gotten them with wondfos but never with clear blue.... In fact, I never ever got a smiley on them until my first cycle on clomid!

I'm CD9. I had to wait foreeeeeever for my dang period and that put me behind. I'm thinking O around Halloween but obviously not sure with the soy.

What was that about using mucinex?

Cd20 today and I'm almost 90% positive that I ovulated yesterday! I had pains in my ovaries for about 3 hours around 4:00 pm....we dtd last night around 10! I'm really excited...not because I think I caught an egg, but because I think I ovulated....and last month I didn't get my positive opk till cd23....is that possible though? I got my smiley Thursday about 10:30 am but it was negative by 3:00 pm and then to in fact ovulate on Friday? Could my surge have started Wednesday sometime? I don't know....but I'm feeling really good about this cycle and I'm hoping my LP holds out....Ace, this might be our month, or cycle...lol

....so I think that would put me at 1 dpo now....keeping my fingers crossed!!

Hopefully this IS our month Layla! That sounds like you O'd to me! Did you guys DTD any other day besides O night?

I'm getting closer. Been wet (still creamy) and OPKs getting darker. So amazing to see my body doing as it should!

Also, we use a donor because we are two girls and we are supposed to be meeting with him tomorrow to plan everything out... I am greatly relieved because I was worries we wouldn't find a donor in time and I would have to sit this cycle out!

OPKs negative today, though the one at 1pm was pretty dark. Lighter tonight. We shall see!

Hopefully this IS our month Layla! That sounds like you O'd to me! Did you guys DTD any other day besides O night?

I'm getting closer. Been wet (still creamy) and OPKs getting darker. So amazing to see my body doing as it should!

Also, we use a donor because we are two girls and we are supposed to be meeting with him tomorrow to plan everything out... I am greatly relieved because I was worries we wouldn't find a donor in time and I would have to sit this cycle out!

OPKs negative today, though the one at 1pm was pretty dark. Lighter tonight. We shall see!

Ace, do you try the clear blue digital opks? I use the strips when they are faint, but use the digis when I they get darker...
So happy you found a donor! That's great! We dtd Monday night, Wednesday night, and Friday night...with possible o day being Friday.... Hoping cuz I hear you can get a boy if the spermies from dtd on o day reach the egg...and if the spermies are waiting there before the egg arrives, you get a girl...I don't know...we will take whatever we get blessed with, but a boy would be great! See, now I'm getting my hopes up....
Do you know what day you usually ovulate? Hopefully you get everything squared away and everything happens right on time for you ladies....it would be great and we could be bump buddies! Lol if we both catch the egg.....I won't be able to dtd tonight because we are going to the Queen Mary ship for a Halloween good time! We are in california...where are you ace28?

And just wondering how the rest if you ladies are doing? We haven't hear from you littlebunnie....is the soy doing anything for you this cycle?
I

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LittleBunnie!! Hope it's great today and you get a nice little sticky bean for a birthday present! Tomorrow is mine, so I hope I get one in a couple weeks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->