• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Trying Soy Isoflavens for the very first time! Come join if you are too?

Ace28...go for it! Maybe this will be your cycle!!
Kmarie17....I've had a 40 day cycle and a 29 day cycle the last two, I chose 160mg a day cd5-9.....I didn't have any side effects....I don't know if it's gonna work for me or not, but I'm still hopeful....

As for me, I did an opk and and it has a faint test line...so maybe I'm working my way up....hoping this is all of our months....then we can start a soy bfp thread!

im thinking about trying soy inso. I just don't understand how much to take and what cycle days to take it. I have approx. 31-34 day cycles ovulation is usually 14-16. im starting to track my cycle by temping although its hard I do have a 10 month old baby so when I wake up I forget sometimes. im going to start tracking it a lot better, so we can try our first month of ttc in dec or jan. just need ideas please?

I actually wouldn't recommend that you try soy. Like Clomid, it is mainly for women who aren't ovulating or ovulate irregularly. You stated that you usually O CD14-16, which sounds pretty regular to me! You could actually mess up your cycle if you take it and don't need it.

Uh oh. I think I might have messed up then. I'm not 100% sure I ovulate on my own, as hubby and I had been trying for a year now with no success.

I do always get positive OPKs ranging from CD 14-18 with a 14 day LP. I've had 2 HSGs in the past 6 months and both times showed my tubes were clear. My schedule makes it impossible to temp. :( So I'm going on a whim here and saying maybe I just don't have a strong enough ovulation?

I did try Fertility Blend for 2 months (it's mostly Vitex/Chasteberry) but it didn't do much for me. I can say taking Soy though, I definitely felt what might have been ovulation cramps. It felt like a pinching/cramp/twinge on my right side, then I felt the same thing on my left?

Also, I'm not sure if it's because of the estrogen or what but my boobs have been super tender since yesterday. Not really 'OMG I'm automatically preggo cause my boobs are sore' but they feel slightly tender than normal. So I'm :haha: about that.

If you think you might not be ovulating (for instance, getting a +OPK but no temp shift) then soy is definitely something to try. Just not if you're ovulating regularly on your own.

I keep getting positive OPKs but no ovulation- no temp shift. So hopefully, Soy will kick me up and over the edge and make me actually O! I'm feeling hopeful about it, just because Clomid worked so well for me and Soy basically is the same thing.

Oh thank gosh. Lol. I hate self-diagnosing but with no real problems, I don't see how we haven't conceived yet. Hubby has had a SA done and Dr. said he had " Super Sperm ". :haha: I have had my uterus, tubes, and blood work everything showed normal with my GYN obsessing over how 'amazing' my uterus looked.

I did have a lap done because I had a " bite sized " cyst on my right ovary and was diagnosed with something called 'endosalpingiosis' but he said it was a benign condition that shouldn't effect anything. He had never seen it before and asked a few of his colleges and they had no information on it either.

So I was thinking, maybe I'm just not ovulating or I'm having a weak ovulation?

Is this a positive?

I've never even gotten a second line before so the Soy must be working!!

What do you ladies think??

Attachments

• IMG_7812.jpg
    IMG_7812.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3
I think you are almost there sweetheart! :) Have you tried checking your cervical position or cervical mucus?

I think you are almost there sweetheart! :) Have you tried checking your cervical position or cervical mucus?

My cervix is high and soft, but my mucus is somewhat thick.

I almost never check either so I have no idea what it should be :dohh:

I did an opk last night and it had a faint test line...so although it was faint, at cd10 that still about a week earlier than last cycles faints....they were stark white negative until cd20, so that's progress! I hope it's the soy!!!

I did an opk last night and it had a faint test line...so although it was faint, at cd10 that still about a week earlier than last cycles faints....they were stark white negative until cd20, so that's progress! I hope it's the soy!!!

I'm hoping I can be one of these statistics that I've read that gets their bfp first cycle with Soy!!!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Thinking of trying soy next cycle. I'm 9dpo or so just now can I join and follow? X

Your opks were completely white, no second line at all?! That's crazy. I thought there was always at least a little bit of LH in your system that would show up?

Layla! That's so good to hear that you're atleast getting a faint line! :) F'x your blazing positive will be on its way!

Pray, usually when I get a positive OPK my cervix is high, soft and the little soft part feels open. :) Hopefully that is a good thing! I think right before you get EWCM it is thick, no?

Blue, welcome aboard! :) Feel free to join! When are you taking your soy? :)

Ace, I once had a dodgy batch of wondfo OPKs that showed not one single test line, so I tried a $tree brand lo and behold it was a blazing positive. I was like DoubleU TEE EFF

Taking my first soy dose tonight ladies. Going to go for 160mg... I got pregnant on only 50mg Clomid so hopefully 160 of soy will do.

So excited to FINALLY get this show on the road!

Yaaaay! :happydance: I started with 160mg too. :) I did it on CD 3-7 at 160mg/day

Yaaaay! :happydance: I started with 160mg too. :) I did it on CD 3-7 at 160mg/day

I'm not sure if today is CD1 or CD4, to be honest. If my flow gets heavier for the next 3-4 days, then I'll count today as CD1. If it stays this light/brownish gunk and starts tapering off, then I'll count it as CD4... make sense?

Either way, taking soy for the next 5 nights (counting tonight!). So either CD1-5 or CD4-8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"