Trying To Conceive After Tubal Reversal

OK, so I THINK my cost ~the $11,000.00 in US dollars would be 6867.71 in the GB sterling pounds....

Yeah, it cost a LOT..we were NOT expecting it to be that much...They HAD originally told us $14,500...but we looked at each other and asked the girl to give us a minute...she did and we prayed that the Lord would work it out and 5 min later when she came back in she was all apologizing saying that SHE had made a mistake and that was an incorrect number...it would actually be $11,000....so in 5 min it went from $14,500 to $11,000..I was like can you leave for 5 more minutes...? We are on a roll here, maybe it'll go down some more :haha: it didn't..but it was a blessing!!!!!!

Yes that's right, i worked it out too.

It's still alot of money though, glad they sorted out the mix up with price. :thumbup:

When i was researching having mine done i went for the closest hospital to where we live which is only about 4 miles away luckily, and it was the cheapest, some of the others i called wanted £4.000 which i thought was pricey, IVF over here is around £5.000 per go and IUI is around £500-£1000 per go.

The pricing is all ridiculous if you ask me..personally I DO NOT believe there is ANY reason why ANYTHING has to cost that much..SURE doctors are SUPER talented and *I* could never EVER be doc...I was NOT born w/ that kind of intelligence...but the whole health care deal is outrageous...

OK, so I THINK my cost ~the $11,000.00 in US dollars would be 6867.71 in the GB sterling pounds....

Yeah, it cost a LOT..we were NOT expecting it to be that much...They HAD originally told us $14,500...but we looked at each other and asked the girl to give us a minute...she did and we prayed that the Lord would work it out and 5 min later when she came back in she was all apologizing saying that SHE had made a mistake and that was an incorrect number...it would actually be $11,000....so in 5 min it went from $14,500 to $11,000..I was like can you leave for 5 more minutes...? We are on a roll here, maybe it'll go down some more :haha: it didn't..but it was a blessing!!!!!!

Yes that's right, i worked it out too.

It's still alot of money though, glad they sorted out the mix up with price. :thumbup:

When i was researching having mine done i went for the closest hospital to where we live which is only about 4 miles away luckily, and it was the cheapest, some of the others i called wanted £4.000 which i thought was pricey, IVF over here is around £5.000 per go and IUI is around £500-£1000 per go.

The pricing is all ridiculous if you ask me..personally I DO NOT believe there is ANY reason why ANYTHING has to cost that much..SURE doctors are SUPER talented and *I* could never EVER be doc...I was NOT born w/ that kind of intelligence...but the whole health care deal is outrageous...

I agree with you but the world is a greedy place and money makes the world go round doesn't it :growlmad:

HI:hi: my sagapo!!!!!

Ummmm.WHoa..I really don't have anything to say that would be off ANY assistance...seriously..so I'm not going to try, other than you are in my daily prayer time and have been and also love ya...You do have a lot of decisions to make and I'm sure you'll make the best ones ~for you, your family, and your unborn babies:hugs2:

I have a friend (here on bNb) who's husband had/has the SAME exact sperm thing going on as yours...to a T....he started taking some viti's and it ALL changed w/in month..went form 12million swimmers to 39million swimmers..I can't think off the top of my head WHAT he was taking but it was simple...like FO and folic I think..let me check and I'll letcha know....
Really, IDT that your DH is THAT Old..I mean, I don't wanna be like 60 giving birth, but being 60 and having a 16,17 yr old..that's NOT that old..I just don't think it is..Age is a number, it's all about life and how you feel..and you guys are BOTH super healthy~"healthy as a horse:winkwink:" so maybe try some viti's and see what could happen? It would be A LOT cheaper to wait another mo or so and take some vitamins and have another SA than IVF...yeesh...that's JUST INSANE...NOTHING needs to cost that much..gimme a fa-lipping break....SERIOULSLY...
But Ok I'm going to check on those vitamins my buddy's DH took and letcha know...

Sorry it's been a rocky few weeks/days....Glad to have ya back though..been missing my cycle sister....:friends:

Saga :hugs: So glad to hear from you! Everybody was chart stalking you and saw your BFP, then wondered what happened. I'm sorry to hear your having such a hard time, but it sounds like IVF could help you end up with your miracle baby. I will log on to facebook and check for strange messages. Haha.

Tate- the cost for my TR was the same as yours. I think area makes the difference.

Momma- glad you got some heat! I don't know what i would do without mine. Its still very rainy (imagine that ) and cold here.

AFM, another inconclusive probably BFN this morning. I will NOT be buying any blue dye tests again! There's a ghost line and the control is wonky. I'm really having a feeling that this isn't my month...I'm having all the usual AF symptoms. :cry: I know, Im not out until Im out. But theres no high hopes here.

Saga :hugs: So glad to hear from you! Everybody was chart stalking you and saw your BFP, then wondered what happened. I'm sorry to hear your having such a hard time, but it sounds like IVF could help you end up with your miracle baby. I will log on to facebook and check for strange messages. Haha.

Tate- the cost for my TR was the same as yours. I think area makes the difference.

Momma- glad you got some heat! I don't know what i would do without mine. Its still very rainy (imagine that ) and cold here.

AFM, another inconclusive probably BFN this morning. I will NOT be buying any blue dye tests again! There's a ghost line and the control is wonky. I'm really having a feeling that this isn't my month...I'm having all the usual AF symptoms. :cry: I know, Im not out until Im out. But theres no high hopes here.

:hugs:

Ummmm.WHoa..I really don't have anything to say that would be off ANY assistance...seriously..so I'm not going to try, other than you are in my daily prayer time and have been and also love ya...You do have a lot of decisions to make and I'm sure you'll make the best ones ~for you, your family, and your unborn babies:hugs2:

I have a friend (here on bNb) who's husband had/has the SAME exact sperm thing going on as yours...to a T....he started taking some viti's and it ALL changed w/in month..went form 12million swimmers to 39million swimmers..I can't think off the top of my head WHAT he was taking but it was simple...like FO and folic I think..let me check and I'll letcha know....
Really, IDT that your DH is THAT Old..I mean, I don't wanna be like 60 giving birth, but being 60 and having a 16,17 yr old..that's NOT that old..I just don't think it is..Age is a number, it's all about life and how you feel..and you guys are BOTH super healthy~"healthy as a horse:winkwink:" so maybe try some viti's and see what could happen? It would be A LOT cheaper to wait another mo or so and take some vitamins and have another SA than IVF...yeesh...that's JUST INSANE...NOTHING needs to cost that much..gimme a fa-lipping break....SERIOULSLY...
But Ok I'm going to check on those vitamins my buddy's DH took and letcha know...

Sorry it's been a rocky few weeks/days....Glad to have ya back though..been missing my cycle sister....:friends:

I'm not sure the vits help the morphology as it's not the count that's the problem, the low morphology is when the sperm is mis-shaped and unable to penetrate the egg.

Sag
Yeah~I guess for him it did help~A LOT~ he had 2% morphology...this is what he's taking

multivitamin
folic acid
zinc
omega 3
and they both JUST started the RJ over the last week~maybe week and 1/2 so that didn't play a part in it..but they ARE taking it now...
royal jelly-1 tsp in the am and 1 @ night

Really couldn't hurt to try..I mean, if you have the rest of march, and april before IVF then a few bottles of viti's CAN NOT hurt.....

:hug:

It was just a thought. x

Thank you so much...I really do wish that was it...it would be an easy fix...but with a varocele, there's no fix other than surgery...and I don't want him to have to go through that...so IVF it is...just frustrating, you know? Depressing...:cry:

I miss you guys too...:hugs:I've almost finished with getting the other house ready for sale...they put the new roof on it yesterday...so at least that is off my plate and I can breathe again...

But yeah, my hubby already has been on vitamins. His count is wonderful...it's his morphology...they are not shaped properly and that's because he has a vessel that is misshapen/swollen and causing the temperature to be too warm for spermies...

The only thing we can do is IVF. We both have already done all our preliminary testing...which is good...so when we are ready, I have to just call them and they will start me on meds at the beginning of my cycle so they can get started...the process will be short because we've already done the rest of the legwork. All they have to do is give me meds so I can start producing eggs...

So it WAS your FB page??? I wasn't sure!!!!!!!! Hahaha!

It was just a thought. x

Thank you so much...I really do wish that was it...it would be an easy fix...but with a varocele, there's no fix other than surgery...and I don't want him to have to go through that...so IVF it is...just frustrating, you know? Depressing...:cry:

I do understand, if my DH's results aren't good and my tube isn't open then i won't be able to try clomid and that will be the end of the road for us, i can't afford IVF. I'm prepared for the fact that it prob won't happen for us but i will give it my best shot to the best of my ability.:thumbup:

It was just a thought. x

I do understand, if my DH's results aren't good and my tube isn't open then i won't be able to try clomid and that will be the end of the road for us, i can't afford IVF. I'm prepared for the fact that it prob won't happen for us but i will give it my best shot to the best of my ability.:thumbup:

Thanks and yeah....who KNEW that this TTC journey would be so frustrating and exhausting...

I guess the one good thing for me is that I can quit TTC for now...and just go back to a normal life with no craziness...no opks, no nothing...that'll be nice...I took a break from it last month and ended up getting a BFP anyway...so who knows...All I know is that I am throwing in the towel for now...

I feel like someone has just wrung me out...you know?:wacko:

It was just a thought. x

Thanks and yeah....who KNEW that this TTC journey would be so frustrating and exhausting...

I guess the one good thing for me is that I can quit TTC for now...and just go back to a normal life with no craziness...no opks, no nothing...that'll be nice...I took a break from it last month and ended up getting a BFP anyway...so who knows...All I know is that I am throwing in the towel for now...

It is absolutely exhausting at times, emotionally and physically :haha: I honestly didn't think it would be so hard to get preggers.

It was just a thought. x

It is absolutely exhausting at times, emotionally and physically :haha: I honestly didn't think it would be so hard to get preggers.

I know...I thought this would be EASY...because it was before...never in a million years did I think I would be someone who could only have a baby with medical intervention...

I have thought about getting my husband to do an sa, I just don't think
He would do it. We have 3 other children together so I am not sure if there could be
Any issues. It has been 4 years since my last pregnancy. I go to the doc Thursday and I can't wait to ask him all of these ?'s. We did finally give in to bding, lol it's great when you actually have the I want to attitude because since the tr it has not been as great.
So we actually wanted it. Lol so who knows I did have a very light line on my OPK this morning, so maybe we will try this month. No pressure though. Saga I am glad that you
Have a great outlook on ivf. That in it's self will go a long way. Dash sorry you had to see
That bfn this morning.

I may be crazy. Seriously, I might be.

A good POASA friend of mine who has 5 kids herself asked me about my test this morning. When I told her about the blue dye and the ghost line she said I should use a wondfo just to put HER mind at ease :thumbup: and since she enabled me, I totally did it.

And guess what? There was the faintest of faint pink lines on there! So light I can see it, but not even light enough for a pic probably.

SOOOO....here is hoping tomorrow has better results :thumbup:

damn you girls have been busy today :)
Saga first off I want to say your 2 bfp in a row is amazing I know they did'nt stick but that has nothing to do with you and this ivf is sure to take if you got those bfp with silly sperm :) I know its going to cost you but there is no price on relaxing and knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel and soon you will have a baby in your arms :) I wish this could be over i havent had one bfp and you and i graduated together lol Anayways my point is screw it you can always make more money but the joy at the end of this hard road is priceless
Dash im sooo excited for you, I hope this is it !!!!
sweets i know hubby and I had good ole sex after O day and it was actually fun! lol I feel ya sista :)
AFM I really dont have any symptoms last night i had some boob twinges lol and some mild cramping today but they could mean period so I guess we shall see

Saga, I went through all the pressure and heartach before we conceived Emily and said I wouldn't do that to myself again. So I know how you feel.

We have only began TTC #2 TR baby four months now and I am already exhausted.. DH and I have disccussed it last night and have decided to return to IUI again if we haven't conceived by June...meaning I am no longer going to do anything special to TTC..

I have a bunch of OPK tests left over ( I bought them off of E-Bay )and they are free to a good home for anyone who wants them.. just PM me...

I have a ? I am using my phone so please forgive typo's
About 7 hours after bding I have tons and tons of eggwhite. I have went to the bathroom 2 other times after bding and nothing, and now I mean I have never had this much. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Future I can't pm from my phone but I would love to have them. That is if someone hasn't got them yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->