Trying to get BMI under 30 for IUI/IVF Treatment

Ooo good luck on the 7lbs i hope u make it. Let us know how get on xxx

I have my slimmin world group tonight so cant wait to see how ive done. I think ive done well but dont like to weigh myself durin the week so have no idea x

Hi Deb,
thanks for the encouragement xx. I've lost just about 3 stone - I say just about as I've had a bad couple of days since the Appointment and it was 3 stone but I saw the scales hovvering a bit earlier today. Honestly, really need to get myself in gear before I undo the work plus there's the extra 5 too.
How about you??? Be glad to hear any tips!
Baxi xx

I count weight watchers points although have never been one for going to the meetings - it's just not me. Although I'm not having ANY success right now :cry: I lost half a stone about 3 months ago and then hit a brick wall. So about 6 weeks ago, hubby and I started walking the dog a mile and a half every day and I started using the exercise bike and after 3 weeks ... I out on 3lbs! :cry::cry:

I've managed to lose that 3lb again but am still stuck at the half stone. We are members of the local gym but hubby wont come with me (although he really needs to!) and I'm so busy and also find it hard to motivate myself. Being a teacher, I have decided once I'm back at work next week, I will take my bag to school with me and go on the way home - I think it will be easier.

Still doing the walking and exercise bike and counting the points, but getting increasingly frustrated!

How's your few pounds extra going? xx

Hey Ladies:winkwink:,
No progress as yet with the 7lb challenge but I was right about having put a couple on so it's got to be 7 just to get to target:wacko:. Been to gym two days on the trot now and had some time with friends today which is always encouraging so will have to wait and see (we're good at that though us 'Mamas-In-Waiting' though aren't we:hugs::hugs:!!
How did you get on Lisa:thumbup:???
Great idea Deb with the gym enroute home - think I'll get on to that one too thank you :thumbup:xx
You go girls:flower:
Much love and prayers:kiss::kiss:
Baxi
xx
PS You are all amazing, thanks for all your posts and lets keep this thread alive for each other xx:happydance::happydance:

Lost 2lbs hun xx not as much as i thought i had but its going in the right direction. I usually go swimmin bout 3-4 times a week but havent been for a couple of weeks. Me thinks i may have to start goin again.

Dont know how u do the gym. It takes me a couple of days to recover after goin to the gym lol

im sure u will reach you target in no time xx

Morning all,
just a quickie to say that I'm just 10 days away from the next cycle and although I managed to get a few pounds off to get back to the last weigh in weight I've still not lost anymore!!!!!!! I'm so worried time is running out and I may miss this month for treatment now - honestly for the sake of 5lbs I'm tearing my hair out with all this. Don't know what I'd do without your encouragement though thank you xx Baxi

Hi Baxi

Have you considered doing slimfast for 10 days? I'm not a fan of it myself and the weight doesn't stay off, but it does seem to be a quick fix if you have a few pounds to shift by a deadline. It might just be the quick fix you need??

Wishing you all the luck in the world

I'm back to swimming after work tomorrow for the first time in months :dohh::shipw: xx

Thanks Deb,
I've thought really seriously about SlimFast but last time i tried that stuff it make me feel so sick - i get queasy just at the thought but thank you for the idea there xx Come to think of it maybe feeling queasy might put me off eating all together and mission accomplished but with my luck I'd probably end up ravenous and gain a stone!! Got to see the funny side though. Much love, Baxi xx

Well I swam on Monday and have lost 2lbs this week. Not much I know, but at least it's something. I haven't been able to shift any for 2 or 3 months.

Hoping to swim again tomorrow but it's been a manic week.

Thought you all might like this which someone emailed me .....

A WOMAN'S WEEK AT THE GYM
This is dedicated to everyone who ever attempted to get into a regular workout routine

Dear Diary,
For my birthday this year, my husband purchased me a week of personal training at the local health club. Although I am still in great shape since being a high school football cheerleader 43 years ago, I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.

I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Christo, who identified himself as a 26-year-old aerobics instructor and model for athletic clothing and swim wear.

Friends seemed pleased with my enthusiasm to get started! The club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress.
Started my day at 6:00 am. Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Christo waiting for me. He is something of a Greek god-- with blond hair, dancing eyes, and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!!

Christo gave me a tour and showed me the machines.. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring!

Christo was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around.

This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!!
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Christo made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I made the full mile. His rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT! It's a whole new life for me.
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals. Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a jeep in the club parking lot.
Christo was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. His voice is a little too perky for that early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying.
My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Christo put me on the stair monster. Why the hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Christo told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other shit too.
Asshole was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late-- it took me that long to tie my shoes.
He took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the restroom. He sent some skinny bitch to find me.
Then, as punishment, he put me on the rowing machine-- which I sank.
I hate that ******* Christo more than any human being has ever hated any other human being in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic, anorexic, little aerobic instructor. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it.
Christo wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the damn barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich.
The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher. Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?
Satan left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing his voice made me want to smash the machine with my planner; however, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the Weather Channel..
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my husband will choose a gift for me that is fun-- like a root canal or a hysterectomy. I still say if God had wanted me to bend over, he would have sprinkled the floor with diamonds!!!

Deb
Awesome result on the weight loss - you go girl!!!:thumbup:
You are a superstar!!! You had me laughing out loud with this - i love it!!:haha:
On a serious note I have been getting hubby to drop me off a mile and a half before our village so I can walk the rest of the way home and I think there has been some movement on the scales 3-4 pounds I think - so hey I'll stick at it when I'm back on my feet.......That's the other trial this week - I had a car crash and have pretty bad wiplash and back pain thereafter so cannot work or get about as normal . . . . .but I'm trying to stay positive because goodness knows what other tribulations are headed my way :shrug:but I shall do my best to stay on top of it all - hey what's the choice eh??
La-de-dah!!
Much love :hugs:and prayers Ladies:kiss:
Baxi xx

Thanks Baxi :hugs: and well done you! Not much to go now! :happydance:

Sorry to hear about the car accident. Hope you're ok. Life really is unfair - just when you pick yourself up from one problem and start getting somewhere, life comes along and smacks you in the face with another problem! Hope you're on the mend and back on your feet soon xx

Ladies Ladies!!!!:flower:
I'm pregnant:happydance:!!!!
After the car crash and battling with the BMI and Stress etc I tested positive!! I only did the test because the IVF was due next week and I needed a day 3 blood test!!
Listen, this just goes to show that at any time this can just happen for any of us!!!:thumbup::thumbup:
I'm no fool mind you, I know that after the crash and a misc we are not out of the woods yet and I am praying for this little one:baby: to make it here safely.
Since we found out we've only told the people closest to us but I have to tell you that what has moved me so much is how much our friends have been praying for us and I am asking them to continue because we need those prayers!
I hope this encourages you too, with big love:hugs: and many prayers :kiss:for us all Baxi xx

OMG!!! Congrats Baxi :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

That's 2 fingers to them being so pedantic about you losing that extra 5lbs! :haha:

Do you mind me asking why you had been referred for IVF in the first place? I would just be interested to know what you've overcome to get your :bfp:

I will pray for a H&H 9 months for you and your LO

Look after yourself and keep us updated xx

Wow thats fab hun congratulations xxxxxxxx

Thanks Ladies,:flower:
Cheers Lisa, honey :kiss:xx.
Deb, the reasons we got referred was that after the miscarriage 23 months ago we didn't get anywhere by ourselves and to be honest I had a sympathetic GP who I pushed and pushed for a referral. Once we got the referral I got a private apt with the consultant to help us up the waiting list and that kick-started things for us. I see you are Birmingham so perhaps our Consultant is near you too he is John Watts and he is a really lovely unflappable chap. He never once made me feel bad about my weight although I think he said that ideally it would help to be less but no massive pressure and it's in part due to him not bullying me that the weight started to come off (I don't respond well to be told what to do - hubby will confirm that!:wacko:). He got me on to follicle tracking and tv scans and then put me on Clomid for 6 months. Then I had all the other tests including the Hysterosarpinogram before Augusts meeting with him where we knew we had to go for ivf as we're running out of time (I'm 40 Jan!):dohh:.
Please do keep us in your prayers - we so need themxx
And hey I'll be checking in here too so lets keep this thread going!!
With big big love and prayers my super pals:hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:
Baxi xx

So I've cancelled the pointless, expensive gym membership and ordered us a wii with wii fit plus! Hopefully I will be inspired to exercise more now!

Hey Deb, great idea with the Wii, a friend of mine has had great fun with that. You go girl!!!
Love and prayers
Baxi xx

Congratulations Baxi, your news has given me hope! I've now managed to get my bmi below 30 for iui treatment, we're going to give it one last month ourselves before going for it!

xx

Hi
I was a doctor this week who told us that they could not do anymore and could refer us on to another hospital and then spat out a list of things we had to meet before we could be referred- BMI of 30 was one of them. I told her I was over but she kept repeating herself. In the ned I got upset as she was not listening. She then said I could try clomid and when I asked her advice she said it was up to me. I was so confused and annoyed with her attitude. Then when she was writing out the prescription she said I could only take 1 month as she was not sure if giving clomid when i am ovulating is something her consultant agrees with and so she would have to check. Talk about incapable. I just hope that I don;t get lost in the system- but beleive me i will badger them something rotten!

I did ask to be referred now as there is obviously a waiting list and I said if the weight is not down by the appointment then that is my fault. She said no.

Anyone else experience this? Got to lose 45 lbs!

HI ladies

can i join please.. i have pcos and think my bmi is about 40 at the moment and im lucky as i need to get it to 35 or under not 30 .. but still have a long long way to go and need to shift around 3 stone.... i just lack motivation with food, i like it too much haha.
think im going to stick to soups and sugar free jelly and beans on toast kind of thing. i have an appt with the endocrinologist in 2 weeks so need to have shifted a bit of weight by then.
im not ovulating and have very erratic periods, me and my dp hav been ttc for 2 yrs now :(
hope your all well xxx

Hey Drakey i know howu feel when u need to lose weight to be treated. I also had to get mine to under 35 not 30 (might be a yorkshire thing haha)

Have u tried Slimmin World? Im like u i LOVE food and Slimmin world is the only diet that works for me coz i can still eat and its dead easy to follow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->