Trying to get BMI under 30 for IUI/IVF Treatment

Hi Lisa

no i havnt tryed slimming world, whats tht one involve? i have tryed cambridge diet which lasted approx 3 days ha!
yep it is crap tht we need to loose weight in order to get treated, i would say loosing weight is one of the hardest things to do! and yet docs say it like its easy! lol
it must be a yorkshire thing, dnt know what i would do if they said get it below 30! lol xx

I'm loving the wii and the wii fit! Hoping it will make a difference but too soon to tell. I went jogging in my pyjamas this morning! :haha:

Its hard to explain but i would definately recommend it. If u go the website it will show u where your nearest group is and may explain a little bit about how it works. The groups are fab though and will tell u how it works.

I had homemade curry rice and chips lat night and a full breakfast this mornin and its allowed and will still lose weight. I would seriously recommend it xx

oh yeah will have a look on the website, thanks. whts ur ttc story? xx

Hi ladies. Sorry not been on much. Been working every hr god sends and im exhausted with stressing over these cuts happening in funding etc and worrying it might be LWH next... my diet is ok for most the wk then the wkend lets me down as i work right thru most wkends and eat choc or snacks. I am trying my best tho to get my BMI down below 30 by end of Jan so we can get on that waiting list. I think its crap u cnt even go on the list before... its around 4mths long here and i would of well got my bmi below 30 within 4 mths...??

Hope everyone else is doing well. Ooh i am doing SW btw :) xxx

I find SW so easy to do its fab!!

I have PCOS and dont ovulate and that is the long and shory of my story. I start Clomid next week :) Whats your story? x

Been ttc now for 2 yrs, have pcos and very irregular, sometimes non existant af's lol so waiting for af to start clomid. seeing my endocrinologist a week on wednesday, see if he can give me something to kick start af. also trying to get my bmi to 35 so tht can go dwn the egg share ivf route if need be xx

I have to get mine below 35 before they would even give me Clomid.

Its weird u mentioned egg share coz me and my OH discussed this for the first time last week durin a 'what we will do if Clomid doesnt work' conversation. I have always been wary but its a good way of gettin IVF cheaper and i think if i could help someone in a similar situation that we are in that can only be a good thing xx

yeh, my friend who has been struggling to conceive for about 2-3 yrs has just done the ivf egg sharing route and has been a total success. so its nice to know someone who has been through it and she rates it 100%. so that is deffo on the cards once i got my weight down too and i questioned how much it would cost all in all and its only 1200, which i dnt think is bad at all... just gtta get the weight off first! lol xx

got on the scales this morning and i have had a nice 5lb loss :) so its givin me determination to carry on :) hope every one is ok xx

hi can i join in?
i have to get my BMI under 35, so need to lose about 10lbs to get to that point but would like to lose quite a bit more to really be happy before we start IUI treatment in the spring

Hi can i join you all, i have to get my bmi down to 30 or below before my next appointment at the the of november, at the moment its 31.6 if i can do this i can hopefully start IVF in January. Im doing weight watchers and i am trying to be really strict with myself.

Amanda x

Hi can i join you all, i have to get my bmi down to 30 or below before my next appointment at the the of november, at the moment its 31.6 if i can do this i can hopefully start IVF in January. Im doing weight watchers and i am trying to be really strict with myself.

Amanda x

Hi :)

Did they put u on the waiting list before ur bmi was below 30?? thats what i want to happen but they wont :-( xxx

Amanda x

Hi :)

Did they put u on the waiting list before ur bmi was below 30?? thats what i want to happen but they wont :-( xxx

My doctor won't even begin the referral until my BMI is below 30. I understand why, but I think I need to know something is happening and moving forward, I'm beginning to loose hope, as I have nothing solid to work towards, whereas if she had started the referral I wouldn't have a choice and I would know things are moving forward. Oh well!! Hopefully it will be us soon!

xxx

my doctor referred me on the provisal that is get my BMI under 35...... maybe it's different for IVF.

my weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed for a gd loss xx

Where are you getting weighed? Did you join a club or are you going to do it your own? xxx

I got weighed at Dr's and lost 1lb since last weigh in wks ago... so rubbish really but still managed to lose 10% of weight since middle of may... i am back on SW now and made a healthy lunch for work tomorrow :) How much weight does everyone need to lose to get their bmi below 30? I have stalled but im kick starting again tomorrow and determined to do it by end of Jan xxx

hi lisa

doing it on my own and i have lost 10lb in just over a week :) so happy about that... started going swimming too so im very achy today xxx

Wow thats amazing!!! Well done and keep it up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"