Trying to keep up with everything

phantomfaery1

Mum to Marshall + 1 angel
Reaction score
Just need to vent x trying to keep up with housework, my 2 year old and working night shifts while trying to not have morning sickness and exhaustion :-( just feel at the end of my tether at the moment :-( my partner is brill when he isnt working but everything is just building up and im finding it really difficult x and tips?

Aww bless you! I feel your pain-teacher, struggling through ms and nausea with an almost 5 year old has felt like hell at times!

Luckily,I’m either more used to the sickness now or it’s eased up for me slightly, but have a cry when you need to have a cry (it made me feel better), accept that housework u fortunately has to come second and try and get that rest in when you can-I’ve found during half term that lying down and watching a film with my DS has really helped, and when I’m back at school I’m so busy that I don’t notice the sickness as much...you just need to make sure that you’re looking after you,listening to when your body is saying enough, and let your partner help you as much as possible with the caring of LO and housework and such xx hope it eases for you quickly!

Thankyou hun :) your right x i cant expect to carry on like i did before i was pregnant x maybe i could cut my shifts down a bit at work x i think thats the main issue x

I had the same problem when I was pregnant.. I found I had to let something go. For me it ended up being yard work and some of the house work. I was exhausted my entire pregnancy and just had to rest way more. In my last tri I ended up taking some half days at work so I could rest in the afternoons.

Yea think i have over estimated myself a bit x dont think id feel like this till i was further along x oh can do the washing today!

Important thing is, you don’t have to put pressure on yourself to be superwoman- I have an insane workload at school that I was just about keeping on top of before getting pregnant and found it difficult to say “no” to the extra they keep piling on-I’m going to have to tell them I’m pregnant after half term and, as nervous as I am about doing that,I need to,because my health has to come first...you have to do what is right for you in your situation x

Thankyou x im very nervous about telling my work im pregnant but there not much they can do about it x i think its illegal to sack someone for being pregnant

I also had to let go a bit. And I am NOT a letting go type of person. I have to have every ball juggled perfectly at all times. But it just hasn’t been possible for me - two kids and awful sickness has left me in a shit place. I can’t cook or make lunches for my kids because I can’t open the fridge as the smell makes me sick. I can’t clean (apart from hoovering) as the smell of any of the products makes me sick. Can’t really do anything as the smell makes me sick!

My husband has been great with cooking and stuff like that. He tries with cleaning but... it’s not to my standard. So ive had to let it slide. I hate it, because I hate feeling like the house is dirty. It’s very much against my nature, but I can’t do anything about it right now.

I’m in week 7 of sickness, and I found that the first 2-3 weeks I had a time in the morning I didn’t feel so bad so did as much then as I could. But now it’s all day so...

You just got to do what you can and try and let something go, even when it’s hard

Oh god I feel like this is the messiest my house has been in a long while!
I don't feel like I can move the nausea is so bad sometimes.

Just put the housework into smaller tasks first. I felt better for just clearing the bookshelf with all the DVD's on. It just accumulated random little toys and my son would grab DVD's out of the cases so I reorganised just that, and it feels so much better. Then I do another task. It all adds up eventually!

When I do a big and quick tidy up it just seems to end up a mess again so quickly! But a more thorough deep clean/tidy up of one thing at a time seems to stay tidier for longer because I did it properly in the first place, rather than rushed to do everything at once. So break down chores by task, and then it just seems that little bit easier :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->