Trying, waiting, hoping

I'm still recording my BBT as my doctor thinks I may have low progesterone levels (which apparently affects fertility) and apparently this can be seen on a BBT chart :shrug: Today is cycle day 20. My last cycle was 27 days. Anyway, according to my BBT charts I'm 5dpo although I think that judging by both my cm and the fact that my cervix was open but then closed on Friday, I think it's more likely I'm 6dpo. There's a very small possibility I'm 7dpo. Anyway this afternoon I went to the toilet and saw a couple of pinky/orange spots when I wiped. I've never really had much spotting in between periods before, although I've had two or possibly three cycles in the past where I had brown spotting a week before my period - although it was more than a couple of spots. I'm so confused! Haven't mentioned it to D yet, because I know what he's like and he'll worry that something is wrong if I'm getting spotting. Other than severe acid reflux a few days ago I've not had any symptoms I typically get after ovulation, although from memory those usually start around 7dpo. One thing I noticed this morning was my BBT was the same as yesterday, however I marked it as abnormal as it was about an hour and a half or so before the time I'd usually take it. However the strange part is that I took my BBT again, closer to the time I'd usually take it, and it had gone down?! It usually goes up, especially as I couldn't get back to sleep and was tossing and turning! I highly doubt turning the fan on made a difference but it was incredibly strange. I logged the original temp as that was when I'd first woken up, which was the same temp as the past two days at the regular time of taking it.
D had a birthday last week. We spent some time with a few of his siblings and their children. Then we went for a walk and returned home where we spent the evening watching crime documentaries and eating far too much cake! It was a lovely day and D said that he much preferred a smaller gathering and asked if we can do that every year!
Next week we're going to one of our local rescue centres to look at dogs!! I'm so excited but we have decided that we won't choose a dog immediately. We're both likely to be impulsive otherwise once we look at their sweet faces, so we're going to see which dogs might be a good fit for us and then go home and discuss which one we'd like to adopt. At least, that's the plan. Might take my Mum with us, so that we stick to this plan! :haha:

Good luck! Hope the spotting that you saw was implementation bleeding! Have fun at the shelter, ❤️ dogs and their sweet faces!

Good luck! Hope the spotting that you saw was implementation bleeding! Have fun at the shelter, ❤️ dogs and their sweet faces!

Thanks. I'm not getting my hopes up. It's been a very long time of trying which has been full of disappointment and as I've had a couple of cycles before where I randomly had spotting a week before my period, I'm not so sure what's going on. The only difference was the spotting was less than those cycles and a very different colour! I've been to the toilet since the spotting I had earlier and there's nothing there now. It was such a small amount I almost feel like I imagined it!

I'm almost certain my period just arrived. However if it is my period then that last cycle was only 24 days long which is extremely short, especially for me!
So far it's very light - only really when I wipe and nothing else but it's brown which is typically the start of my period. However my BBT did drop significantly this morning so it's most likely my period :(
Today we got told that we are eligible for fertility treatment through the NHS. D and I need to discuss it a bit more though because I don't want to go through a few cycles of IVF only for it to end in disappointment ...

Tomorrow we're off to the animal shelter to look at dogs!

T

:hugs:
I hope that you manage to find a dog <3

Thanks! Us too. We're taking my Mum so we don't make an impulsive decision, however Mum may be just as impulsive as us when she sees the fluffy faces. I almost feel like we need an adult to supervise us :rofl:

T

Thanks! Us too. We're taking my Mum so we don't make an impulsive decision, however Mum may be just as impulsive as us when she sees the fluffy faces. I almost feel like we need an adult to supervise us :rofl:

Haha, I would be the same :haha:

I was coming on here to ask about some weird and wacky symptoms I had yesterday but instead I thought I'd upload these pictures. One is with flash and the other without ...
AM I SEEING THINGS? OR IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS?!
I've only just done this test, and I realise it's quite late so I will do another one in a day or two ...

20211129_215801.jpg 20211129_215810.jpg

Thank you!

I'm still in shock! So is D I think. We're both not quite sure what to with ourselves, or how we're going to keep quiet for a few weeks! My next period is due on Thursday so I guess that's probably the best time to take another test, but I just took one because I'm impatient, and also because I wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming. The line doesn't look any darker to last night even though the first morning urine is supposed to be best? I know they say to wait a few days between tests though so maybe I should just wait a little longer?

Once I've woken up a bit I'll come back and talk about the weird and wacky symptoms I had on Sunday that I had originally come here to ask about!

It takes a few days to get darker. Hope you can stay busy, it feels like the time goes so slowly when you're waiting to test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->