Trying, waiting, hoping

Period arrived this morning :sad2: My BBT dropped yesterday and then dropped a lot more this morning so I was expecting it, but after all the symptoms and very high BBT I've had this cycle I was a little annoyed!

My last cycle was pretty short - 27 days! That was surprising.

Although D and I are not officially trying at the moment, I'm still charting my temperature and taking ovulation tests as per my doctor's request. However I'm not sure how helpful this is for either D or myself as I don't understand the test results at all. The cheapie tests don't seem to match up with a digital one - I'll put in the picture of the cheapie tests for this cycle (one with flash and one without in case that makes a difference), although I'm only on CD 13! (They're stuck on some paper so I don't lose them, so please ignore the tape!) From what I can make out I got a peak on days 9 and 12 with the cheapie tests?? I've marked which days those are on the photo. But the digital test said I got my first peak on day 11 and is still saying peak now so honestly I'm confused! My temperature hasn't yet gone up to say ovulation has happened. I'm hoping my doctor can interpret the results better than I can because I don't get it at all!

20210312_092236.jpg 20210312_092216.jpg

I hope your doctor can help interpret the results. Good luck :)

Hope the doctor can help! To me it looks like your body has maybe tried to gear up to ovulate but hasn’t done it yet as neither the CD9 or CD12 look quite positive to me but the CD12 looks so close.

Hope the doctor can help! To me it looks like your body has maybe tried to gear up to ovulate but hasn’t done it yet as neither the CD9 or CD12 look quite positive to me but the CD12 looks so close.

That's the darkest these tests go which is odd and so I usually class it as the peak. Usually the dark lines match up with the digital. Last cycle I got a peak on the cheapie tests on CD12 and this was the first day of the peak on the digital test as well. Today's cheapie test is lighter than yesterday's but I honestly don't understand how these tests work!
My GP said once things with Covid have settled down they'll look at doing blood tests to try and determine ovulation. I didn't even know this was a thing they could do!

That's the darkest these tests go which is odd and so I usually class it as the peak. Usually the dark lines match up with the digital. Last cycle I got a peak on the cheapie tests on CD12 and this was the first day of the peak on the digital test as well. Today's cheapie test is lighter than yesterday's but I honestly don't understand how these tests work!
My GP said once things with Covid have settled down they'll look at doing blood tests to try and determine ovulation. I didn't even know this was a thing they could do!
Yeah they definitely can and sounds like it could be useful! Cause if they think there could be any ovulatory issues there could be medication they could look at to help so definitely worth doing!

The doctor asking me to continue with ovulation testing is probably not helpful, for me at least. It's stressing me out trying to figure out all the lines, and the digital one is still saying peak!

Here are the cheapie tests so far. It starts on CD 5 (days 1-4 being my period). Today is CD 15. One picture is with flash and the other without. Anyway if anyone can interpret these I'd be most grateful. My temperature did go up the past two days however I've had to ignore those temperatures as I have been a but unwell and had a mild fever, so it's difficult to figure out whether I've already ovulated or not ...

20210314_140222.jpg 20210314_140213.jpg

Sorry you've not been feeling well :(
I hope you can find out whether you ovulated :hugs:

Now this is what I call a peak! (Top one is from the digital test) Thankfully D is not at work today ... ;)

20210315_155401.jpg

My temperature rise happened 3 days after the peak test, which is unusual for me. Usually it's 2. So according to my BBT I'm 4dpo. However my BBT isn't rising much. It's stayed at around the same level since the rise. I don't know whether this is good or bad - I'm supposed to send my chart to my gp at the end of every cycle. Usually it goes up and down once the rise has happened, and has never stayed around the same so of course I'm confused.

D and I had a wonderful picnic in the garden yesterday as it was beautifully sunny and warm! It was lovely to sit in the Spring sunshine and listen to birds. Of course it's cold again today :roll:

Fingers crossed for you ❤️

The picnic sounds great :)

The picnic was wonderful. D made a potato salad - he calls this his "picnic speciality" even though most picnics he makes are delicious!
Afterwards we sat and chatted and then he insisted on dancing together. Thank goodness we were in the garden where no one could see us because neither of us are particularly good at dancing! :rofl:

Yay for ovulation! Fx’d for you! <3

Aww that picnic sounds lovely! :cloud9:

It's cycle day 24. According to my BBT chart I'm 5dpo, although one app says 11dpo although I'm not sure how they got that! Today my BBT dropped a LOT. It went from around 36.50°c (yesterday) to 36.15°c today. That's way below my cover line. Usually it only drops like that when my period comes, but it's too early for that. I did have some mild cramps yesterday which I thought could be a sign my period was coming but then I realised it was too early for my period.
It's still early in the morning so I guess there's still time if my period wants to show today but if it does then that would be an incredibly short cycle!
Usually I get a temp drop at 8dpo, which apparently a lot of women get, but I don't think it drops that much usually.
I did wake up originally at 1am and was quite hot so put a fan on before going back to sleep, however the fan wasn't blowing directly onto me and I wasn't feeling cold when I did wake up and take my BBT. I took it at the same time as always, but maybe the fan made a difference?
Maybe I ovulated earlier than I thought - either 1 or 2 days after the peak instead of 3. I only got the 3 days after from when my temperature went up, however it did rise very slightly just before that but wasn't that much and was a temperature I typically get before it rises anyway.
I'm so very confused! I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow unless of course my period shows up today ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->