TTC #1 10+ months, PLEASE READ!

lynnxo

Reaction score
hey all! my hubby and I have been TTC since June/July of last year with absolutely no luck...not even a late period to get excited about. I went to my Dr and she said I have to use OPK for 3 months and temp and then go back if we still havent got our BFP. I'm in the midst of my second cycle so I only have this one and the next one before we have to start delving into the infertility stuff and i'm kind of heartbroken. We really never thought that it would take this long.

So onto my question. I used OPK last month and got a nice line when I ovulated, hubby and I DTD multiple times with no luck. This month I decided to use the OPK a few days before my projected ovulation date. I'm on CD 12 and I've been testing since CD 7 and have had faint lines, but no dark one. Now last month when I did this I have nothing, faint line for a day, and then a dark line the next day. I'm not sure why I've had faint lines for 6 days...can anyone explain this to me? I'm having the cramping I get for ovulation yesterday and today but I still dont have any dark line on my OPK. Is it normal to have the faint line for so long?

I appreciate any advice you can provide on this as well as what we should do to get pregnant. I have many medical issues, including gastroparesis, and getting pregnant can make me way worse...i'm starting to feel like this is God telling me I'm not going to be able to have kids of my own. Hubby still has to go for his semen study. I asked him to schedule that soon...i'm a little frustrated that he hasnt done that yet.

Hi! I don't know the answer but just wanted to say hang in there! I've been TTC since September and also have not had any luck. Maybe this is our month! I will say though that I gave up on the OPKs with lines because they stressed me out! I always have a second line and couldn't tell when it was getting darker...it always looked the same. I switched to the Clear Blue ones that either have a smiley or a circle...SO much easier!

Good luck! :)

hello hun! i havent tried the clear blue ones but i hear they get expensive :/ but it sounds like it might be worth it. i have enough OPK cheapies to try for my next cycle and then i go back to the dr for testing...maybe after that i'll get the clear bllue ones so that i'm not confused! thanks for the input :)

I used the clear blue ones last time round. I used them twice and fell pregnant both times, my SIL also got her BfP first time with them. Good luck hun. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->