TTC #1 and over 30

Oh :hugs: baking, makes me feel kind of silly for letting a series of relatively minor things completely ruin my day

Hi goldfish we can definitely be cycle buddies :) how long are your cycles usually?

I wish my ticker would stop saying I'm 14 dpo :lol: :(

Oh, Luna, your day was not good too, AF arriving is NEVER a good day. I was talking to my friend on the hone and I mentioned I still had the nausea and lack of appetite and she pushed me to see the dr. Luckily, they were able to get me in within the hour. Blood work got done and now it's just a wait and see game. I'm not sure what to think at the moment.

Goldfish, we can be cycle buddies too. :) The more the merrier. The dr said to count this as cd1 until we find out the results of the blood work.

I'm just a ray of sunshine today, aren't I?

Oh :hugs: baking, makes me feel kind of silly for letting a series of relatively minor things completely ruin my day

Hi goldfish we can definitely be cycle buddies :) how long are your cycles usually?

Oh, Luna, your day was not good too, AF arriving is NEVER a good day. I was talking to my friend on the hone and I mentioned I still had the nausea and lack of appetite and she pushed me to see the dr. Luckily, they were able to get me in within the hour. Blood work got done and now it's just a wait and see game. I'm not sure what to think at the moment.

Goldfish, we can be cycle buddies too. :) The more the merrier. The dr said to count this as cd1 until we find out the results of the blood work.

I'm just a ray of sunshine today, aren't I?

You are human baking!

We all are, and how you are feeling is completely normal xx

Hi Luna - the last cycle was 27 days but I've also had 25 and 30 days (LP of around 13).

Baking - actually maybe we won't be cycle buddies, I hope you get good news with your blood tests!!

Hi Luna - the last cycle was 27 days but I've also had 25 and 30 days (LP of around 13).

Baking - actually maybe we won't be cycle buddies, I hope you get good news with your blood tests!!

:) Goldfish. I am trying to think positive but it's so hard. Part of me thinks we won't get answer and it'll just be one of those weird things. But we shall see. I'll keep you all updated as soon as I know something.

Baking, we're all rooting for you! FX for good news at the doctor's. Luna, sounds like yours was a rotten day, too. :hugs: to you both.

Im not feeling particularly 'sold' on this cycle....not a great deal of symptoms or anything at the moment other than the sensitive/sore nipples which I know is caused by Progesterone...but time will tell...

Exactly how I'm feeling right now! I was so optimistic at the start of this cycle, but then the ambiguous O, the bad sleeping, and all the bad news has ruined my positive feelings. A friend who is also TTC just got AF today, too--apparently not a good day for those TTC.

.....abrupt subject change here......

As to what we eat in our household, we actually eat pretty well! Here's the past few nights:
1. Homemade falafel with tahini lemon sauce, muhammurah (sp?), tabouleh, and homemade pita.
2. Black bean tempeh burritos with chipotle spiced vegetables.
3. Chick pea, green bean, and tempeh stew with cumin and roasted paprika.

Each of these meals got a sprinkle of cheese for me, and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast (BLECH) for OH. A lot of the vegetables for these meals were home grown, too.

Now I'm hungry. And thirsty. :wine:

Oh baking and Luna I am sooooooo sorry. :hugs: and serious cocktails are in order. I had allllllllll those symptoms baking and :bfn:. I've learned that the ONLY thing I can pay attention to is af being late and positive pregnancy test. That combination. Nothing else means anything anymore. I'm so sorry....xoxoxoxo

I'm sorry we both has to go through that, Lily. :hugs: Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it! Us 30 something ttcers need to stick together!

Hi, ladies...I'm 32 and my hubby is 45. We were NTNP since March, 2012 and are on cycle #2 of actively TTC #1.
I'm 6dpo today...I felt really positive a few days ago but now I don't know...my feelings go up and down so often. We would be so happy if we could just have one little baby. I want it so badly but I don't want to get my hopes up..last month I was convinced I was pregnant but the witch got me and I was surprised how depressed I was after seeing that BFN and then AF..but I feel like I really shouldn't complain because I know there are people out there who have been trying longer. My biological clock is driving me nuts! I hope we all get our BFPs soon!

Hi, ladies...I'm 32 and my hubby is 45. We were NTNP since March, 2012 and are on cycle #2 of actively TTC #1.
I'm 6dpo today...I felt really positive a few days ago but now I don't know...my feelings go up and down so often. We would be so happy if we could just have one little baby. I want it so badly but I don't want to get my hopes up..last month I was convinced I was pregnant but the witch got me and I was surprised how depressed I was after seeing that BFN and then AF..but I feel like I really shouldn't complain because I know there are people out there who have been trying longer. My biological clock is driving me nuts! I hope we all get our BFPs soon!

Welcome! We can definitely relate to you and you'll find good support here. My oh is also older and we are ttc #1 after ntnp. I found my :af: arriving last month to be slightly devastating-really kind of knocked me out given that I've been really level headed and chill about this whole thing. Hang out here with us - you'll get good support. If you chart you should think about linking yur chart to your profile here so we can help you obsess over it!

Hi again to you as well, goldfish

Good luck today with getting some more answers baking

Talk to y'all soon ;)

Hi guys, can I join you! I am 31 ttc #1. I am due to O any day now. I have been using the opk and it should be positive today or tomorrow. I am getting nervous that it is not going to be positive. off the subject of babies, but pbl_ge, I want to know how you make your pita bread and falafel!!! :) Baby dust to you all!!!

Hi ladies, hope it's ok if I join too! Nice to see a thread for the older ones, I felt like an old biddy among all the teen mom and twenty something threads!

I'm 30, TTC #1 since I got married in May 2012, I'm on cycle 3 since coming off BCP and my cycles are now around 35 days. I'm using OPKs, pre-seed and charting temps.

It's nice to see so many new people stopping by :)

Baking did you get your results?

Hi everyone, hope you all doing well.

yay for all the new ladies on the thread. welcome everyone!

sorry about AF Luna. Baking I really don't know what to say - I hope that you get good news but if not then we're here for you.

Sorry this is such a quick post but just checking in on everyone before I rush home to go pack for our long weekend. Hopefully I be able to log in later and do a better job.

Hello ladies!

I am new here also! This is my second cycle TTC, it will be baby number one for us. I just turned 35 in July, married for 1 year, DH is 37. I am not charting or doing anything special yet, just got off BC July 1, and have started prenatals. I am on CD 3, and should be ovulating between AUg 16-22nd. Glad to be here, wish everyone the best of luck!

I think a certain someone is due some commission, recruiting all us newbies to the thread! :)

Welcome! We can definitely relate to you and you'll find good support here. My oh is also older and we are ttc #1 after ntnp. I found my :af: arriving last month to be slightly devastating-really kind of knocked me out given that I've been really level headed and chill about this whole thing. Hang out here with us - you'll get good support. If you chart you should think about linking yur chart to your profile here so we can help you obsess over it!

Thanks. I really had the feeling this is the month when I was ovulating. We tried pre-seed and softcups this time and I used an OPK for the first time. I have been charting since March but I think my temperatures have been wonky this month because i got sick right around ovulation time so my chart is kind of screwed up this month as far as temps go. Then yesterday I noticed a small temperature dip and it just got me all kinds of pessimistic. Maybe I am trying to protect myself from being devastated again. I know it's silly to have thought I'd get pregnant on our first try and I thought I had my emotions in check but I just burst into tears last month like a ridiculous person. Sigh...I have something like a 25 day cycle, O'd on the 1st so should be expecting AF on around the 13th. I had some cramping after O and then a few days of white creamy CM and lower back pains last night but now I am just so skeptical if these are symptoms or non pregnancy related things. Ah well, I'll stop rambling now....:haha:

Wow lots have been going on this thread since I was on couple of days ago. Sorry for all of you that AF got...Witch can be such a mood downer...there is not much I can say to make it any better except hang in there and hope next cycle is your cycle.

AFM...I have got my progesterone levels for this month...4.69 :cry:...I am so very bummed that I did not even ovulate. I was on 150mg of Clomid this month...I have appointment with RE on 14th of August it is right about when I start my period so maybe I will not be wasting any time so that we can start something new… I am afraid of the price though...we shell see...

Hope everyone else has better luck...GL and lots of baby dust...

Bubbles, Sloan, and liz - welcome-glad to have you here in the ttc#1 thread (hopefully for a short time since you'll be going over to the first trimester threads soon!)

Sasha-sorry to hear that Hun-what's next for you?

Baking-any news?

Tink-I think a bunch of us have learned the hard way that you need to be reaaalllllyyyy careful about "symptom" spotting-it can lead to heartbreak. I know it's impossible not to, and I hope those things you mention are signs, but try to focus on temperature and af being late more than anything else to protect your sanity!

Good luck and :dust: to everyone

I agree about the symptom spotting, I have had every symptom in the book at one time or another

Sasha that's so frustrating :hugs:

Wow lots have been going on this thread since I was on couple of days ago. Sorry for all of you that AF got...Witch can be such a mood downer...there is not much I can say to make it any better except hang in there and hope next cycle is your cycle.

AFM...I have got my progesterone levels for this month...4.69 :cry:...I am so very bummed that I did not even ovulate. I was on 150mg of Clomid this month...I have appointment with RE on 14th of August it is right about when I start my period so maybe I will not be wasting any time so that we can start something new… I am afraid of the price though...we shell see...

Hope everyone else has better luck...GL and lots of baby dust...

:hugs: so sorry to hear that! I would ask about femera, it's different than clomid and based on my doctors opinion it generally works when clomid doesn't. It is still very affordable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->