TTC #1 and over 30

:hi: to all the new people who joined in here, you have joined an amazing group of ladies.

Baking Any news yet?

Luna Sorry the darn witch got you again. Come on May baby!

:dust: to everyone.

Welcome ! Welcome ! Welcome!

tink - this is my 4th cycle and so far the first was definately the worse for me. had every symptom I could imagine and even though I didn't expect it to happen straight away I was definately not expecting the huge crash that AF brought with her. Since then it's still a roller cosaster every month but knowing what to expect makes it easier (sort of).

Hi guys, can I join you! I am 31 ttc #1. I am due to O any day now. I have been using the opk and it should be positive today or tomorrow. I am getting nervous that it is not going to be positive. off the subject of babies, but pbl_ge, I want to know how you make your pita bread and falafel!!! :) Baby dust to you all!!!

Actually, the recipes are both online.
Falafel: https://wholeearthrecipes.blogspot.com/2007/04/moosewoods-falafel.html
I used half cilantro instead of the parsley. I also used gluten-free flour, as one of the dinner guests is gluten free.

Thus, also made gluten free pita. It was easier than I thought it would be!
https://www.grouprecipes.com/61081/gluten-free-pita.html
I just used a gluten-free mix, instead of all the flours they list here.

Exciting group here!

Hi guys, can I join you! I am 31 ttc #1. I am due to O any day now. I have been using the opk and it should be positive today or tomorrow. I am getting nervous that it is not going to be positive. off the subject of babies, but pbl_ge, I want to know how you make your pita bread and falafel!!! :) Baby dust to you all!!!

I used half cilantro instead of the parsley. I also used gluten-free flour, as one of the dinner guests is gluten free.

Exciting group here!
Thank you for the recipes! My husband is middle eastern, so he always loves getting some falafal!! I got my positive OPK this morning! Man, I hope it works! BD here I come!!! :)

Exciting group here!
Thank you for the recipes! My husband is middle eastern, so he always loves getting some falafal!! I got my positive OPK this morning! Man, I hope it works! BD here I come!!! :)

Ha! Have fun!

And if you've never had this, try it. It's AMAZING.
https://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/muhammara/
Calls for pomegranate molasses, which can be tricky to find, but I've substituted other things that are sweet and tangy, such as a mix of molasses and tomato paste, and it's turned out okay. I also have pureed dried apricots, which worked better.

YUM!

No news yet. Kinda bummed that it's taking this long but I'm taking the approach that no news is good news right now. I pretty much think this is AF and she's just super light and not real crampy this month. And hey, if there is any positive to take from this, it's that. I usually have horrible cramps that are unbearable.
DH and I came up with a plan for this month last night (we were supposed to travel to my in-laws during peak bd times but we moved it to later) so I feel a bit more at ease (if anyone who is ttc can ever feel at ease!) and armed with a plan! ;)

Thanks for checking up on me. :) You gals are awesome!

And welcome to all the new ladies! I know you'll love the support here. :hugs:

Baking - yep, no news = good news! I've read that some people can still bleed even if they're pregnant?!

Oh dear, I haven't been on here since yesterday and already feeling lost with all the posts! *waves to everyone*

Baking - yep, no news = good news! I've read that some people can still bleed even if they're pregnant?!

Oh dear, I haven't been on here since yesterday and already feeling lost with all the posts! *waves to everyone*

I've seen that too, Goldfish, but I'm probably out this month. They were doing all the pregnancy blood tests and I think they would have called if they were positive. I'm coming to terms with no being pregnant and I'm armed with a plan for the new three weeks so we will see what happens. And if the blood work shows any different, well then party on. :)

Somehow my positivity came back wayyyyyyy earlier than usual. I'm not usually this positive on cd2. Hmmm. Perhaps, it's all the support from you lovely ladies. You're bringing me out of my funk!
I have FSH blood work tomorrow and hopefully they will call me back with those results before the weekend.

:hugs::kiss:

Pleased to hear that Baking!!! I hope you get some answers soon tho hun xx

And wow at all the activity!!! I had a busy day/night yesterday and didnt get a chance to properly drop past!

Hello to all the new ladies to this thread! You will love it here!

What stages are you at with your cycles?

7dpo for me and not a lot going on!

Bubbles, Sloan, and liz - welcome-glad to have you here in the ttc#1 thread (hopefully for a short time since you'll be going over to the first trimester threads soon!)

Sasha-sorry to hear that Hun-what's next for you?

Baking-any news?

Tink-I think a bunch of us have learned the hard way that you need to be reaaalllllyyyy careful about "symptom" spotting-it can lead to heartbreak. I know it's impossible not to, and I hope those things you mention are signs, but try to focus on temperature and af being late more than anything else to protect your sanity!

Good luck and :dust: to everyone

I agree with Lily 110%!! Symptom spotting can lead to breaking your heart. I try try try not to get my hopes up and it seems the universe tried to throw every symptom at me this past month and yet say it's not my time. And it's devasting to say the least. No one who says getting pregnant is easy has ever tried to get pregnant.

And wow at all the activity!!! I had a busy day/night yesterday and didnt get a chance to properly drop past!

Look at that beautiful climb up on your chart, newbie! :hugs:

Ditto Baking!

I am actually doing a much better job this month!

(or maybe thats just because i dont really have any symptoms???) lol!!!

Look at that beautiful climb up on your chart, newbie! :hugs:

Thanks Baking - no idea about my charts anymore! Previous months were sort of rocky, last month was flat and looked great - this month its just on a steady upward slope, like reverse skiing!!! Dont really understand why they are so different every month!!

Hey ladies big hugs to Luna and Baking :hugs:
Hope you get some answers soon Baking.

Will be 10dpo tomorrow. Trying not to symptom spot really. Have a friend who is having a rough road TTC and I guess it skews my frame of reference.

Am enjoying the holidays -much more relaxed than I have been in a while. Been busy out and about so am pages behind on posts!

Thanks, ladies. I am definitely way more cautious with my hopes this month. A little more skeptical, probably just trying to save myself although obviously I'll still be disappointed (just hopefully not as much).
I have noticed I am SUPER moody since yesterday..so I'm telling myself it's probably PMS because AF is due next week.

oh tink I wanted to mention but it was too much to try to type out on my phone that I think everyone has that really rough first month (except of course those lucky people that actually get preg on their first try :| ). My theory is that we have been told from such a young age that if you don't use protection you will get pregnant so once you start trying you just assume that it will happen. For me I was absolutely convinced that we were successful that first month, I don't know if all my symptoms were in my head or not but it was really rough when af showed. I think it does get easier, yeah I'm still really disappointed every month but I seem to bounce back faster now :)

baking that's exciting that you are having your blood done this month, hope everything is ok. Has your hubby had his SA yet?

I'm kind of feeling like I'm stuck in this place where I'm worried that there is something wrong with one or both of us but it's too early to do any testing, boo :(

well I just ordered 30 10mIU/ml test strips, bring on the early testing! (in about 20 days :haha: )

oh tink I wanted to mention but it was too much to try to type out on my phone that I think everyone has that really rough first month (except of course those lucky people that actually get preg on their first try :| ). My theory is that we have been told from such a young age that if you don't use protection you will get pregnant so once you start trying you just assume that it will happen. For me I was absolutely convinced that we were successful that first month, I don't know if all my symptoms were in my head or not but it was really rough when af showed. I think it does get easier, yeah I'm still really disappointed every month but I seem to bounce back faster now :)

baking that's exciting that you are having your blood done this month, hope everything is ok. Has your hubby had his SA yet?

I'm kind of feeling like I'm stuck in this place where I'm worried that there is something wrong with one or both of us but it's too early to do any testing, boo :(

I just found out that a friend who is trying went to the dr and they think she might not be ovulating at all. :( She got checked at 6 months but I have no idea what they will do next. it's just so frustrating to hear. I hope you can get some answers soon, Luna. When did the dr want to see you again if you weren't successful?

And um no, hubby has not had the SA yet. :( I told him he needed to get it done before the 16th when we start the marathon again. We'll see how this goes... Men. :shrug:

I definitely agree that the first cycle was the worst. Of course, this is only cycle #3, so what do I know?

I just bought tests, too. I really need them for this Saturday, as a friend who doesn't know I'm TTC suggested a ladies night of wine and cheese. Of course, I'll only be 7dpo, so there's probably no point in even testing.

Fingers crossed for you, baking! And keep up that beautiful chart, newbie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->