TTC #1 and over 30

12dpo today and I am surprised at how good my chart looks. I want to test but I am going to hold off for just a couple more days and see what happens.

good luck, Luna and gypsy! I'm rooting for you both!

Afm, waiting impatiently til Fri when I can test!

ACK! Luna and Gypsy, can't wait for you to TEST! It's making me anxious. :wacko:

Newbie, good luck both on your ride and at the doc's! I hope both go well.

Baking, how's that sense of smell going? Any other symptoms?

Goldfish, I hope you caught the eggy! And, ugh, isn't it hard to hear people get preggers so easily when it's such a struggle for the rest of us?

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to mention something here, but I'm afraid people will think I'm rude. I hope not. :blush: I don't mean to call anyone out, but I wanted to share something I've observed in other forums, both on the TTCAL and the TTC after 35 forum. In some sections of those forums, the norm is to put everything pregnancy-related (I mean for those who are pregnant) in spoiler brackets. Like this:
I got my BFP today! And here's the pregnancy ticker that will show the development of the fetus. And here's the super-happy news about my excellent scan today!
I know that for those of us who have m/ced, and I'm sure for those who are LTTTC (and probably even the general population of TTC!), it can be really painful to see those tickers all the time in the TTC forums. People in those other forums will often either hide their tickers (unclick "Show your signature") when they post or put their tickers on their sigs within the Spoiler brackets. I REALLY appreciate it, and I know I'm not the only one. I don't mean to suggest that those who are TTC, TTCAL, or LTTTC aren't happy for those who have BFPs, but on a bad day their joy and their tickers can bring a lot of pain and tears.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there. Back under my rock now....

Pbl, I was confused for a sec because I was skimming your post and I clicked on the spoiler without reading the preceding paragraph. :blush:

LOL, gypsy--definitely no BFP here! I'm still waiting for a real AF! :haha:

I just want to reiterate that I don't think those with a BFP shouldn't post here or that they shouldn't have tickers, or that I think everyone MUST hide their tickers, or anything like that. Please don't misunderstand me. I love following the pregnancies of people who have been successful! I just really love and appreciate it when they keep it on the down low in the TTC forums. :flower:

I'm really sorry if this offends anyone, and I'll shut up about it now. :hugs:

Well, this is the last post I will be posting on this forum. I come back to support those who I took my journey with and root them on, as I for one tried for 31 months and had several m/c over the years. Not everyone is so computer savy and may not even know about the spoiler or how to hide their signature. (my ticker will be at the end of this post, I am one of those people). I have never intended for my ticker to offend anyone and this is the only ttc forum I am still a part of because I have been here since the very beginning and pray for most of these ladies every night when I close my eyes. It saddens me that you had to go and make such a post on here and how you have made me (and probably others) feel horrible for posting on here, your rant should have been taken elsewhere, as this is a positive thread that doesn't need a bitter rant towards other people posting here. Everyone should feel more than welcome here,we all need someone in our worst moments and this tough battle we face everyday.

With that being said. Good luck everyone, I will keep in touch with private messages from this point forward. :hugs:

ACK! Luna and Gypsy, can't wait for you to TEST! It's making me anxious. :wacko:

Newbie, good luck both on your ride and at the doc's! I hope both go well.

Baking, how's that sense of smell going? Any other symptoms?

Goldfish, I hope you caught the eggy! And, ugh, isn't it hard to hear people get preggers so easily when it's such a struggle for the rest of us?

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to mention something here, but I'm afraid people will think I'm rude. I hope not. :blush: I don't mean to call anyone out, but I wanted to share something I've observed in other forums, both on the TTCAL and the TTC after 35 forum. In some sections of those forums, the norm is to put everything pregnancy-related (I mean for those who are pregnant) in spoiler brackets. Like this:
I got my BFP today! And here's the pregnancy ticker that will show the development of the fetus. And here's the super-happy news about my excellent scan today!
I know that for those of us who have m/ced, and I'm sure for those who are LTTTC (and probably even the general population of TTC!), it can be really painful to see those tickers all the time in the TTC forums. (I'll confess that I've hidden a couple of people on BnB for this reason.) People in those other forums tend to either hide their tickers (unclick "Show your signature") when they post or put their tickers on their sigs within the Spoiler brackets. I REALLY appreciate it, and I know I'm not the only one. I don't mean to suggest that those who are TTC, TTCAL, or LTTTC aren't happy for those who have BFPs, but on a bad day their joy and their tickers can bring a lot of pain and tears.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there. Back under my rock now....

The sense of smell is still here and still pretty strong. Dh used hairspray yesterday and I about gagged walking in a few minutes later. Other people's perfume or smoke are the worst! DH is stripping some paint off of some furniture today and I am staying inside, the smell of that is pretty strong.

Had some light cramping from 5 dpo to 7 dpo, and sore boobs. Oh and tried to have a drink last night and had to have DH finish it. I couldn't even drink half. Craving a chocolate milkshake right now and I NEVER crave those. :)

We'll see what happens. I am hopeful but need to be realistic too because I don't want to be too devastated if it's not this month.

Breezy, I was really afraid that someone would take what I said this way, and I'm so, so sorry. Please understand that this is not at all what I meant! And please, please, please don't leave on my account! I'd much rather that you tell me to go to h*** and ignore what I've said. I think if you look back at what I wrote you'll see that it's not a "bitter rant" against people who are kind enough to continue to support us who are still TTC like myself--I'm just trying to share something I've observed in other parts of BnB that I thought was really nice. So, please stay!

If the consensus is that what I've written was too much, I'm happy to take it down. My apologies to all who are offended.

oh breezy please don't go! :hugs:

I am a little late but this convo moved so fast! I really wanted to say that I love it when the preggy ladies check in on us here. I have gotten to know so many of you over my time here and it makes me so happy to see a ticker under their posts especially because I know how much of a struggle it was for them all to get there.

I have seen on other parts of this site pregnant people totally having no regard for other people's struggles but I feel like this thread is different. I have never once felt that anyone lucky enough to get their bfp was rubbing it in my face, they are just here cheering the rest of us on.

I totally understand how it can be hard for some people to see that but on the other hand they have earned that ticker and I know that someday when I have finally earned mine I don't want to have to worry about offending anyone by checking in on all of you that I have gotten to know so well over these last several months.

I also am rooting for you ladies!! I am sorry if my tickers make you unhappy as I would never want to upset anyone and I understand the difficulties of TTC as it did take me a year and half with the use of fertility treatments. I also do not know how to use the spoiler. I enjoy watching everyones progress and pray for that BFP with you. I did feel my stomach drop when I read that post even though it was not suppose to be offensive. I was trying to be supportive to everyone and now i feel bad posting on here as I may hurt someone.

I second what Luna said! Well said hun!

My humble opinion is this and I hope it doesn't offend anyone:
I know it gives me hope to see the preggo ladies on here because it shows me that it will happen. And days when I'm sensitive, I stay away. I know this is the only thread I check now because the people that are on some of the other ttc threads are younger and get their bfp's faster but I feel this thread is different and it's why I stayed since the beginning. And when it's my time, I want to share it with y'all. Ok, tears are starting to coming out (been doing that a lot lately).

And breezy, don't go!! I want to know if you get pink or blue!!!

xoxo to all my lovely ladies

Not one person on this thread has offended me in any way. My personal comments were not directed at anyone here. I was merely sympathizing with pbl because I honestly understand where she is coming from. I have no clue how to even do the spoiler thing and on the days I don't want to see them from people here I stay away. My opinion was not meant to be hurtful at all, and if it was I will edit it out. I consider everyone on this thread and anyone who has been on this thread to be my friends and I would never do anything to purposely hurt my friends. I am sorry. I feel this is a very positive place to be and if I made it negative I am very sorry.

Luna - don't give up hun!! You know that hCG levels at even 14DPO can be quite low - mine were low!! So with evening urine you're looking at a high chance of BFN. My FMU BFP was only half dark on the test on 14DPO and several people I've met around here now didn't get their BFP until 20+ days past O so you're not out yet!! Have faith :hugs:

As far as being post BFP and coming by here, I don't plan to stop. I care about all the girls here and plan to cheer everyone on until there's no one left trying! (or if I end up somewhere in life without Internet). I'm happy to try to remember to uncheck my signature posting but as most of the time I'm posting in a rush, I don't make any promises. I'm sorry if seeing preg tickers is painful to anyone. I don't think any of us mean any harm by our signatures. We come only because we care.

Sorry Luna. Maybe it will just take you a little longer for it to show up. Like baking said, try again with fmu.

Oh dear...have just read some the posts from the last day or so.

Pbl - understand what you mean but don't worry I didn't take what you wrote as a "bitter rant" at all, hugs!

Breezy, clarkey, mrschezek - we appreciate you coming back to cheer us on so don't feel bad!! Especially since we know it hasn't been an easy road for either of you so it's nice to see you get BFPs and wish everyone else on this thread the same!

Baking - those are great signs!

Luna and gypsy - good luck for testing! Luna you're not out yet ;)

My temp dropped a little but still higher than my usual preO temps, I removed my highest temp and now FF has given me dashed lines. I think I did O but just not sure exactly which day so don't know which day to get my progesterone blood test next week?!

Luna - don't give up hun!! You know that hCG levels at even 14DPO can be quite low - mine were low!! So with evening urine you're looking at a high chance of BFN. My FMU BFP was only half dark on the test on 14DPO and several people I've met around here now didn't get their BFP until 20+ days past O so you're not out yet!! Have faith :hugs:

As far as being post BFP and coming by here, I don't plan to stop. I care about all the girls here and plan to cheer everyone on until there's no one left trying! (or if I end up somewhere in life without Internet). I'm happy to try to remember to uncheck my signature posting but as most of the time I'm posting in a rush, I don't make any promises. I'm sorry if seeing preg tickers is painful to anyone. I don't think any of us mean any harm by our signatures. We come only because we care.

And we appreciate all the cheering you do! :) :hugs:

Oh dear...have just read some the posts from the last day or so.

Pbl - understand what you mean but don't worry I didn't take what you wrote as a "bitter rant" at all, hugs!

Breezy, clarkey, mrschezek - we appreciate you coming back to cheer us on so don't feel bad!! Especially since we know it hasn't been an easy road for either of you so it's nice to see you get BFPs and wish everyone else on this thread the same!

Baking - those are great signs!

Luna and gypsy - good luck for testing! Luna you're not out yet ;)

My temp dropped a little but still higher than my usual preO temps, I removed my highest temp and now FF has given me dashed lines. I think I did O but just not sure exactly which day so don't know which day to get my progesterone blood test next week?!
goldfish, do you have to get the progestrone test at 7 dpo? My doc wanted it at CD21 but the more I read about it seemed like 7dpo made more sense.

Baking - my GP told me to do it at CD21 but I actually refused and had to correct him - and he agreed I should do it at 7dpo (or thereabouts!). So for me for this cycle, that will be either CD23 or CD25...Are you thinking of getting yours done too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->