TTC #1 and over 30

PS. I've spent a fair amount lurking in this forum. It's great how supportive everyone is to one another.

I can't help with the opks because they just plain don't work for me but I did have a short lp when I came off bc, it was 7-9 days for almost a year until my body sorted everything out (i was on it for 13 years so that might be why it took so long)

I think I will test Tuesday or Wednesday. I didn't temp today because we went out to breakfast with oh's parents so I had to get out of bed two hours before temp time. I am absolutely exhausted today too. I slept about seven hours last night, so I got plenty of sleep yet I was falling asleep on the way to Disney (where we ate breakfast) and took a 2 1/2 hour nap when I got home (which I don't usually do) and I can still barely keep my eyes open. I cut way back on my caffeine and soda consumption for ttc bit even after drinking a can of Mountain Dew I still can't stay awake. Not good when I have a 1000 word paper due for school that I haven't even started on because I have been too tired to concentrate. :growlmad:

Luna I just spent the last half hour analyzing charts and it got me no where :dohh: Hopefully you can get a good nights sleep tonight and tomorrow will bring a better reading for you or a bfp! FX'd tightly

Baking I used to sit in the shower and cry my eyes out, it's such a roller coaster ride, the dh's can't handle much of that no matter how hard they try. :haha: I hope all of these signs are pre bfp signs for you, your horomones are definately hard at work on ya.

it feels like when I was on bc and went to regular dose vs low dose pills. I don't do well with extra hormones. I wasn't even that sad, I cried when he told me I was a great person. How weird is that?

Hi ladies, I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. I stopped bc in August and that cycle was 35 days. I started temping in September, that cycle was 26 days, with ovulation on cd 18 or 19. This means my lp was 8 or 7 days-- too short. This month I got a smiley on opk test on cd 18 (with a spike in temp). I took another opk test today (cd 19) and I guess I did something wrong bc I got an error message :( I took another opk test an hour later, no smiley face. My temp was down slightly too (from 98.0 to 97.8). If I ovulated my temp should be higher than yesterday, correct? It appears I ovulate later in my cycle and my lp may or may not be short (we will see what happens this month!). Is this just part of coming off bc and my body adjusting? I know morning urine is best for pregnancy test. Is the same true for opk test? clear blue easy says you can test at anytime, but at $5 a strip I want to make sure I'm making good use out of them. I'm new to ttc-- any advice you have is appreciated! Thank you :)

Good luck to everyone!!

Welcome, CLN!
I know that for many, your cycle takes a bit to get back on track so it could be your body adjusting without bc.I imagine your lp will increase from month to month and if it doesn't, it might be worth going in to see the doc. But people with more current bc knowledge can help you out more than me (I stopped taking it 7 years ago). Did you take your temp twice during the day? Or was that just from day 18 -19?

It doesn't matter what time you take you take the opk's unlike a pregnancy test which is better first thing in the morning.

I hope I helped answer some questions. Feel free to ask away and I'll try to help any way I can!

Hi ladies, I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. I stopped bc in August and that cycle was 35 days. I started temping in September, that cycle was 26 days, with ovulation on cd 18 or 19. This means my lp was 8 or 7 days-- too short. This month I got a smiley on opk test on cd 18 (with a spike in temp). I took another opk test today (cd 19) and I guess I did something wrong bc I got an error message :( I took another opk test an hour later, no smiley face. My temp was down slightly too (from 98.0 to 97.8). If I ovulated my temp should be higher than yesterday, correct? It appears I ovulate later in my cycle and my lp may or may not be short (we will see what happens this month!). Is this just part of coming off bc and my body adjusting? I know morning urine is best for pregnancy test. Is the same true for opk test? clear blue easy says you can test at anytime, but at $5 a strip I want to make sure I'm making good use out of them. I'm new to ttc-- any advice you have is appreciated! Thank you :)

Good luck to everyone!!

Welcome, CLN!
I know that for many, your cycle takes a bit to get back on track so it could be your body adjusting without bc.I imagine your lp will increase from month to month and if it doesn't, it might be worth going in to see the doc. But people with more current bc knowledge can help you out more than me (I stopped taking it 7 years ago). Did you take your temp twice during the day? Or was that just from day 18 -19?

It doesn't matter what time you take you take the opk's unlike a pregnancy test which is better first thing in the morning.

I hope I helped answer some questions. Feel free to ask away and I'll try to help any way I can!

So my understanding was not to use FMU with OPKs but to use afternoon urine after 3-4 hours of not peeing. If you got a smiley yesterday but not one today then that means you already ovulated - did you opk on CD 17? Your temp will spike on the day you O and then it will either stay the same or drop a bit but shouldn't drop too low. If your temp stays above your cover line for 3 days after the spike, then this will confirm that you o'ed on that spike day. It helps to use a charting application like fertility friend as it will help you interpret the temperatures. Good luck to you!

PS sorry if I'm confusing as I'm pretty tired! Off to bed :sleep:

Hi CLN, welcome, you came to a good place. I did the digital opk's with the smiley face and always did them in the a.m. (not everyone agrees with that) I simply couldn't hold it for a few hours to test any other time but I got a smiley every month so it must have worked. Your LH surge can be so short you usually won't get a smiley more than 1 day, unless your surge levels raise even higher. Out of 31 months of using them, only once I got the smiley 2 days in a row. I don't know much about tempting so I'm sorry I can't help you there but I've called the opk hotline several times. :dohh: You normally ovulate between 24-48 hours after the LH is detected.

Baking that was very sweet of him :winkwink: I couldn't take bc because of horomones. I bet your progestrone level is high right now. Did you say you were going for cd21 testing, if so when?

Gypsy Sounds like a good lazy Sundy to me! I'm quite jealous, we packed all weekend long for our big move. Fx'd it's a bfp for you, that would be awesome with the first somewhat normal cycle you are having after those super long ones.

Luna They just don't get it, I used to get mad at DH for being so positive when I didn't want him to be. :shrug: I have some friends that are going through this and have tried so hard to get them to join. They just don't get it, I guess they haven't found a group of ladies like all of us for support. :kiss:

Hey girls!

I'm back and think I've just about managed to catch up, you've all been busy while I've been away! Have I missed any big news? Hope you are all well xx

Welcome back bubbles! Whatcha been up to? I'm in the tww, testing probably on Friday. :)
:hugs:

Thanks Baking! I've been on holiday for a week, good to chill out but I'm so tired since I got home, I think I need another holiday already! Got plenty of BD in but unfortunately it wasn't fertile time, still waiting for the big O approaching! I started using a saliva microscope but its not as easy as I thought, not really got any idea what to make of the results!

Good luck with testing!

Gypsy- everything looks good for your BFP!! Praying for you hun!:hugs:

Luna- Yes this is a very supportive site and I also didnt get DH involved as much as men dont get it...they are so frustrating sometimes.

Pbl- Praying your levels hit zero soon! When do you get them checked again?

Big :hugs: Luna! But no :witch: yet right? So there is still hope...how did your temp look this morning?
:hug:

I did the math and if I o'ed on the day I think I can test on day 26 which would be Wednesday instead of Friday. :)

Good luck baking!

Temp was still up but not way up, been having lots of cramping yesterday and today which is not usual. I'm just worried that this is like June all over again :(

Good luck baking!

Temp was still up but not way up, been having lots of cramping yesterday and today which is not usual. I'm just worried that this is like June all over again :(

Is it mild cramping, Luna? I usually have cramping the week before AF but mine came way earlier in the cycle this month and we pretty mild.
Do you think you're headed for a longer cycle and :witch: is messing with you?

Sorry for all the bfn but hang in there. I don't want to get any hopes up but you just never know. The day before my BFP I got a bfn and was cramping just like all the months before. The only reason I bothered with another test was that I was officially late and my temp was still above cover line.

I really don't know what's going on :( I don't usually get cramps with af at all (i know I'm horrible! :haha: )

:hugs: gypsy, hopefully it's just too early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->