TTC #1 and over 30

Baking - my GP told me to do it at CD21 but I actually refused and had to correct him - and he agreed I should do it at 7dpo (or thereabouts!). So for me for this cycle, that will be either CD23 or CD25...Are you thinking of getting yours done too?

Goldfish, I had my done back in August. I remember researching the test after she had given me the results and reading that if you do it at 7 dpo there is a better chance of getting a more accurate count. Mine was 11 something at CD21, she said anything over 5 was an indication of ovulation and 15 is the low end for pregnancy (not sure if that meant at your missed period or not).

Hi ladies (and any gents who may be lurking!)

I know I have been absent for a while, and it's because of bad news...

Fiancé and I have postponed our baby making indefinitely :'(

So it is with great sadness, that I wish you all lashings of baby dust, and all the best for your futures.

Cheers, D

Breezy, I was really afraid that someone would take what I said this way, and I'm so, so sorry. Please understand that this is not at all what I meant! And please, please, please don't leave on my account! I'd much rather that you tell me to go to h*** and ignore what I've said. I think if you look back at what I wrote you'll see that it's not a "bitter rant" against people who are kind enough to continue to support us who are still TTC like myself--I'm just trying to share something I've observed in other parts of BnB that I thought was really nice. So, please stay!

If the consensus is that what I've written was too much, I'm happy to take it down. My apologies to all who are offended.

I'm sorry too. I just really took it to heart and very personal against me since I know I'm one of those people. I over reacted quite a bit. This has been the best place for me to go to when days are good or bad, it just hurt to know I could be offending people so I took huge offense. Sorry to get so bent out of shape. :hugs:

Breezy, I was really afraid that someone would take what I said this way, and I'm so, so sorry. Please understand that this is not at all what I meant! And please, please, please don't leave on my account! I'd much rather that you tell me to go to h*** and ignore what I've said. I think if you look back at what I wrote you'll see that it's not a "bitter rant" against people who are kind enough to continue to support us who are still TTC like myself--I'm just trying to share something I've observed in other parts of BnB that I thought was really nice. So, please stay!

If the consensus is that what I've written was too much, I'm happy to take it down. My apologies to all who are offended.

I'm sorry too. I just really took it to heart and very personal against me since I know I'm one of those people. I over reacted quite a bit. This has been the best place for me to go to when days are good or bad, it just hurt to know I could be offending people so I took huge offense. Sorry to get so bent out of shape. :hugs:

:hugs: thanks for coming back. If I upset you I didn't mean to. If anyone on this thread who got their bfp upset me with tickers and such I wouldn't be stalking the expecting thread.

My comments (which I edited) were in regards to people in the ttc forums who feel the need to create new threads (which is actually against the rules). If I am having a pity day and don't want to see pregnancy stuff I just stay away as hard as it is because all of you here are my friends and I care very much for every one of you. I have cheered when I saw a bfp and cried when AF hit or worse. I feel personally involved with everyone here and that means the world to me. I don't have any friends I hang out with where I live so this is my hang out spot. :flower:

I'm glad you're back, breezy! :hugs: :hugs::hugs:

Yay everyone is happy again! :hugs:

So I'm still waiting...a few more hours and I will be officially late. I guess there's nothing to do but see what happens tomorrow. I'll probably test again if she still hasn't shown.

Does anyone ever take their temp twice in a row in the morning? I have been since my chart went all wonky and my second one was actually still way high, I just put the lower one in my chart because I was feeling pessimistic.

There comes that bright and sunny, great attitude Luna I think you said your ticker is off before..how many dpo are you?

Thanks Baking so much! I couldn't leave you gals :hugs: Chezek made a valid point (she is always good with words). Only a few more days of the dreaded tww for you. I hope it brings good results this month. I have a good feeling.

Gypsy I was being foolish thinking I could stay away! I do consider you all my friends and care for much for you all. Did you decide when you are going to test?

Yay everyone is happy again! :hugs:

So I'm still waiting...a few more hours and I will be officially late. I guess there's nothing to do but see what happens tomorrow. I'll probably test again if she still hasn't shown.

Does anyone ever take their temp twice in a row in the morning? I have been since my chart went all wonky and my second one was actually still way high, I just put the lower one in my chart because I was feeling pessimistic.

I tended to take my temp twice on times when I didn't think it took it long enough. My thermometer is wonky though. How much higher is the second temp? All you can do now is wait and see tomorrow. My fingers are crossed for ya, hun!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

There comes that bright and sunny, great attitude Luna I think you said your ticker is off before..how many dpo are you?

Thanks Baking so much! I couldn't leave you gals :hugs: Chezek made a valid point (she is always good with words). Only a few more days of the dreaded tww for you. I hope it brings good results this month. I have a good feeling.

Gypsy I was being foolish thinking I could stay away! I do consider you all my friends and care for much for you all. Did you decide when you are going to test?

Breezy, I'm glad you couldn't leave us! I know this is a wonderful place for me and I consider you all friends too.
I hope this month is good! :) I need some good personal news. Friday can't come soon enough! :)

You ladies are always there for me on this crazy ride :hugs:

Well based on my most reliable signs I am 14 dpo (my last 3 cycles were 12, 11, and 13 day lp), if I go by my temps I might be only 12 dpo and if I go by my cm it might be even less (i doubt it though)

My first temp was 36.71 and my second was 36.93, huge difference! I didn't move or do anything, just took it again right away.

Hey girls!

I'm back and think I've just about managed to catch up, you've all been busy while I've been away! Have I missed any big news? Hope you are all well xx

You ladies are always there for me on this crazy ride :hugs:

Well based on my most reliable signs I am 14 dpo (my last 3 cycles were 12, 11, and 13 day lp), if I go by my temps I might be only 12 dpo and if I go by my cm it might be even less (i doubt it though)

My first temp was 36.71 and my second was 36.93, huge difference! I didn't move or do anything, just took it again right away.

We're all in this crazy ride together! :) We need support wherever we can get it. At least, that's what I think. I can't keep driving DH crazy with all the ttc crazy so I need you gals!
Last night, I just cried and he was baffled. My hormones are off the chart lately and even compliments make me tear up!

I am so useless when it comes to analyzing temps, I think that's why I quit temping. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out anything and then my doc said that the temps really only help to determine ovulation (for what that's worth). I have friends say if the temps are above 98 F (36.67 c) that you are good but I have no idea.

I'm sorry to be no real help but I'm always here for support cycle buddy! :)

Hey girls!

I'm back and think I've just about managed to catch up, you've all been busy while I've been away! Have I missed any big news? Hope you are all well xx

Welcome back bubbles! Whatcha been up to? I'm in the tww, testing probably on Friday. :)
:hugs:

Luna I just spent the last half hour analyzing charts and it got me no where :dohh: Hopefully you can get a good nights sleep tonight and tomorrow will bring a better reading for you or a bfp! FX'd tightly

Baking I used to sit in the shower and cry my eyes out, it's such a roller coaster ride, the dh's can't handle much of that no matter how hard they try. :haha: I hope all of these signs are pre bfp signs for you, your horomones are definately hard at work on ya.

I try to keep hubby pretty much in the dark about ttc specifics, he's the type of guy that just wants to fix everything so I think he feels pretty helpless about the whole thing. It definitely helps to come here and talk to other ladies that know what I'm going through :)

Hi ladies, I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with. I stopped bc in August and that cycle was 35 days. I started temping in September, that cycle was 26 days, with ovulation on cd 18 or 19. This means my lp was 8 or 7 days-- too short. This month I got a smiley on opk test on cd 18 (with a spike in temp). I took another opk test today (cd 19) and I guess I did something wrong bc I got an error message :( I took another opk test an hour later, no smiley face. My temp was down slightly too (from 98.0 to 97.8). If I ovulated my temp should be higher than yesterday, correct? It appears I ovulate later in my cycle and my lp may or may not be short (we will see what happens this month!). Is this just part of coming off bc and my body adjusting? I know morning urine is best for pregnancy test. Is the same true for opk test? clear blue easy says you can test at anytime, but at $5 a strip I want to make sure I'm making good use out of them. I'm new to ttc-- any advice you have is appreciated! Thank you :)

Good luck to everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->