TTC #1 and over 30

Woo hoo! :yipee: So happy for you bubbles :hugs: Hope you make it over to the Expecting thread [the last few :bfp:s seem to have gotten lost]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Looking forward to the next couple posts :thumbup: Bring them home ladies!!!!
:dust:

Yay bubbles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So so so so so so happy for you!!

List of symptoms and what you did different ASAP!

Thank you so much ladies! I really hope it's the start of the next BFP boom and the rest of you guys are following shortly!

I don't think I've got an amazing list of symptoms or things I did differently to be honest! I was absolutely convinced I was out this time, another crazy long cycle, and when I eventually did O, my chart just seemed to follow the same pattern it always has done in all my other cycles, until today when AF was due and my temp went back up after 3 dips in a row!

I'd waited so long for O it kinda surprised me again, so there were only 2 BDs in the fertile window, day of O and O-2, and I was sure the day of O was already too late. But the day before O was my transvaginal ultrasound, and I was convinced that had ruined my chances this cycle when I saw how close it was to O, and even thought I couldn't have O'd as the sonographer surely would've mentioned I was about to?!

I wasn't feeling very hopeful for this cycle from the start really, so didn't do anything special like pre-seed/soft cups etc that I have used previously. One new thing I did do was drink a glass of grapefruit juice every morning in the couple of weeks leading up to O, I didn't think I had a problem with EWCM really, but I could not believe how much of the stuff I had after drinking the grapefruit juice! There was loads of it, and it lasted about a week altogether which is longer than I've seen it before, and it stayed around well after O, which could be the key factor!

I think Vitex/Agnus Castus also played a part in it, it's two months today since I started taking that every day. Was expecting to wait another month to see the full results and possibly get my regular cycle back!

I'm still in complete shock, doesn't feel real at all.

Woo hoo! :yipee: So happy for you bubbles :hugs: Hope you make it over to the Expecting thread [the last few :bfp:s seem to have gotten lost]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Looking forward to the next couple posts :thumbup: Bring them home ladies!!!!
:dust:

Thank you Mrs C!

I'm a bit wary of venturing into the expecting forums just yet, maybe give it a few weeks or so. None of it feels real yet, still not 100% convinced it's actually happening!

Bubbles - congratulations, I had such a good feeling about you!!! Yay I'm really glad you got a BFP!!

Zeez - thanks, maybe the month I didn't time it too well will be the month after all!

I agree with bubbles about the loads of EWCM being important...that was a big change I made when we got our :bfp: I took the musinex route as I really don't like grapefruit juice but it increased my EWCM - got gobs of it around O! And I really think that helped the little swimmers get to where they needed to be and sustained them long enough to fertilize my eggy. My 2 cents :)

bubbles - I totally understand on taking your time! I didn't change my 'status' from TTC to Expecting until 13 weeks!!! I was too scared to jinx it :hugs: But do come when you are ready!!!! Plus, we can answer any questions you may have in the mean time too...so don't be shy :flower:

SO who's testing next and when??? I'm so excited for all of you :hug:

Thanks Mrs C! Really don't want to jinx anything!

Get on that magic grapefruit juice girls! :)

Ooh just wanted to add, although I didn't have much in the way of major preggo symptoms, I was convinced from the forum that I could only get a BFP if I'd had implantation bleeding/spotting, metallic taste in my mouth, really sore boobs etc, and I had none of these.

ooh lily we can be testing buddies! I will be 12 dpo on the 9th but I'll probably test before then :)

Maybe grapefruit juice will do the trick for me too, I didn't use the robitussin this month since we were away but I did have a glass of grapefruit juice everyday with breakfast. I always seem to get a decent amount of ewcm but I do remember having loads the morning of cd11 when we bded :)

Congratulations bubbles!:happydance: H&H 9 months!

I haven't posted here in a while but am frequently stalking this thread to see how you ladies are doing. Now who else is going to be joining bubbles this cycle???:dust::dust::dust:

I am testing the 11th if I don't have anything happen before then. Based on my last two cycles that should be when AF hits (cd97 ugh). Maybe the odd spotting that had me convinced this past week that AF was coming is from something else.

hey kmae I was thinking about you wondering how you are doing :) Are you having to sit out another cycle because of the cysts?

Luna-that's great. I ovulated super super early for me but luckily our bd was pretty good (not perfect). This is our last cycle before calling the RE and the first cycle where I am 34-my birthday was earlier this week! It would be so amazing to be able to tell closest family the news as a Christmas surprise but I am trying not to let my mind wander like that - too dangerous to get hopes up early. But I am hoping that bubbles has brought the thread some much needed luck and renewed vigor!

:hi: Ladies can I join please? I am 32 and Dh is 34 our birthday's are in April but we really hope we can get our bfp before we get another year older!!!

So a little about me - cycle 3 TTC (cycle 4 if you include NTNP) Joined here Jan-11 as a WTTer (all in my journals)

So cycle 3 Ovulated CD11 we DTD cd9 & 10 so fingers crossed we are covered!! AF is due 8th Dec but I am going to hold off testing if AF hasn't shown until 12-12-12!! I dunno for some reason seems a good omen :shrug:

:dust: to everyone who needs it :dust:

Welcome twag!

Luna and vegan I hope you caught it!!! Maybe it's a sign you're testing on the same day!!!

Bubbles still so wrapped for you!

Lame it's great to see you back! I hope you are well.

Hi to everyone else, I hope you are all well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->