TTC #1 and over 30

I am also very sorry to hear that Lilly :hugs::hugs::hugs: It really sucks.

I'm also irritated with my charting, as I was sure I ovulated yesterday, but my temp today was still below my baseline :wacko: ( had a positive OPK on CD19, and peak on my CBFM). I just hope this is not an anovulatory cycle :wacko:

Luna - I also love those ginger things!!! Your symptoms really do sound promising!! Fx'ed!!! :thumbup:

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA but I needed a break to prep for the surgery and then the recovery. I had the lap and hysteroscopy done last Friday morning. He was able to remove the septum in my uterus, found polyps in there as well (got rid of those), turns out my tube was stuck to the outside of the uterus, not blocked at all. One ovary was stuck as well so he unstuck all that and zapped all the endometrosis and he told DH he thinks that should be all the treatment I need. Now to just focus on healing and getting back into the ttc game! He said in the pre-op appt that we could start trying when I feel ready - I'm think it may be a couple of weeks. Have to say I am really impressed by the lack of scars he left behind, can't see them at all.

Will catch up on the boards today as I'm still house bound and recovering.

I just read some of the posts and I am so sorry bubbles! :hugs: And Lily, I am sorry too. :hugs: This is such an emotional roller coaster ride.

And Luna, I'm glad to hear that DH's SA was all good. Hope you guys get some good news soon. :hugs:

Welcome, AuCa! So glad you could join us!

Ok, I need to do some more catching up but I'm cheering you all on and hoping for some bfp's soon! :hug:

:hugs: lily

Baking I was wondering how you were doing! Glad your surgery went well :)

Well I'm feeling much better today, I have no idea what to make of my temp, it's much higher than it's ever been!

:hugs: lily

Baking I was wondering how you were doing! Glad your surgery went well :)

Well I'm feeling much better today, I have no idea what to make of my temp, it's much higher than it's ever been!

Thanks, Luna! :) I'm getting a little better each day and hopefully be all healed up soon!

So good to hear from u baking! And Luna-I'm cautiously excited for you!!

Glad your surgery went well baking! Maybe that was all you needed to finally get your bfp!

Baking - really good to see you back, glad it sounds like things went well, and you're now a massive step closer to your BFP.

Luna - hope your high temp is another good sign! I wish I could get back to temping and actually being able to make sense of it, mine are just all over the place now, I know that's to be expected after what happened, but still annoying!

All right, so I stopped using my seasonal allergy meds for a few weeks now and I won't go back to it. I figure, why not try everything I know while TTC, otherwise I'll blame the allergy meds if it doesn't happen this month - I'm paranoid like that. :)

Also, I just OPK'ed today for the first time! I'm hoping I'll be less paranoid if I use OPKs to tell me (almost) for sure if I ov or not. It came back neg, but it's my understanding that I should do one a day for 7 days. Please, let me know if I'm 'doing it wrong'!!

Vegan: I like the nickname zp!

Thanks!

zp

Luna - look at your chart temp shoot up today!! And you're definitely sounding like you have symptoms too!

Twag - are you going to test?

Lily :hugs: I thought about not temping anymore, but I think I'm finding it reassuring to confirm O and narrow down when AF is expected to arrive (even if it does arrive 1-2 days late and totally get my hopes up for no reason!)

Kmae - hope you get a lovely surprise for Christmas :flower:

zp - Don't worry if you don't get a positive OPK, I found that mine weren't always positive (though temping confirmed O later on)...if you are getting EWCM and negative OPKs you could also try testing twice on those days (just in case you have a short surge).

Today I bought 3 cartons of grapefruit juice in the hope of making more fertile CM (it wasn't that great last cycle)!

Zp - I didn't see a positive OPK at all last cycle, first cycle since I started using them where that happened, and I know I did ovulate as it ended up being my BFP cycle even though it didn't stick for long. I was testing up to three times a day too, so sometimes for some reason they're just not 100% reliable. Hopefully you'll have some luck with them though, what makes you say you need to test for 7 days? Sometimes it can take longer to see your positive, especially if you've not used them before and aren't sure when to expect it. With my long cycles I ended up testing for weeks before seeing my positive!

Goldfish - hope the grapefruit juice works magic for you, I'm convinced that's what got me my BFP last cycle so definitely trying it again this time, but I just used the last of it today and need to stock up again! Doesn't help that my DH keeps drinking it! Our corner shops within walking distance don't sell it so I have to remember to stock up at the supermarket! I found Asda sell big cartons of it for £1 and they're the ones with a longer use by date that you can keep in the cupboard til you open them, so I'm planning to stock up and hide them from DH! Started drinking it already even though I could still have a long wait on my hands til O time, last time I got several days more warning that O was approaching thanks to the extra EWCM!

Zp-glad you like you name! And yeah don't worry if you don't get glaring positives - I don't always either.

Goldfish - I think I've decided that I will temp just from like days 10-22 to confirm ovulation but NOT test during 2ww-that's the part t gets my hopes up. Once I've confirmed o with 3 high temps I won't temp again until I'm officially "late" at which point I'll test. I never ovulate before day 15 and there's really no reason for me to chart prior to day 10 or so. I think this might work well for me so I don't read every peak and valley in my temps as a "sign." I just feel so bowled over by having by far the highest temperatures ever in over 10 years of charting (6 to avoid with my prior relationship in my 20's). I thought high temps would be unstoppable sign of pregnancy and that they weren't really threw both dh and me for a bad trip. I agree that it has lots of value for confirming ovulation though. Thanks for your thoughts on that!

Luna - I find myself excited for you!!

Twag - are you gong to test or what!?

I'm convinced that's what got me my BFP last cycle so definitely trying it again this time, but I just used the last of it today and need to stock up again! Doesn't help that my DH keeps drinking it! Our corner shops within walking distance don't sell it so I have to remember to stock up at the supermarket! I found Asda sell big cartons of it for £1 and they're the ones with a longer use by date that you can keep in the cupboard til you open them, so I'm planning to stock up and hide them from DH! Started drinking it already even though I could still have a long wait on my hands til O time, last time I got several days more warning that O was approaching thanks to the extra EWCM!

So do you start drinking it right after AF? And how much of it? This sounds interesting...

I drank a glass of grapefruit juice everyday leading up to my body's first attempt to o this month simply because I was on vacation and the breakfast buffet always had fresh juice and I had loads of ewcm! It still started on the same day just more of it :) so I guess starting a week before your expected o would be good

Thanks luna! :flower:
I'll definitely try that in the new year. I actually love grapefruit juice, so it won't be a sacrifice, lol.

The :witch: caught up with me this morning :cry:

So 2013 bfp it is :thumbup: think I might give the grapefruit juice a go do you take it once a day? Like for breakfast?

So sorry Twag. A 2013 bfp isn't a bad thing. Maybe the grapefruit juice will do the trick!

Hey Auca - yeah I drank a glass a day every morning for a couple of weeks as I'm not always sure when to expect O while my cycles are still all over the place, it works great especially last cycle as I used to only get maybe 3 days of EWCM around O, and not enough to notice if I wasn't actually checking for it, but last time I got it for over a week and there was so much it was really obvious. It started about a week before O and a few days after which hasn't happened before, so I'm convinced that's what helped the swimmers hang around long enough as we only BD twice in the fertile window and I'm sure one of those was too late as well. Definitely worth a try!

Twag - sorry the witch got you, I think a 2013 BFP is looking better by the day! :) You can join the grapefruit juice gang!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->