TTC #1 and over 30

Well, speak of the devil—AF has arrived! On to the next cycle! At least it wasn't annovulatory.

Lilianita - congratulations!! Good luck for your blood test on Monday!

Lily - Did you decide to get your post-O test done then, before you try the clomid?

ZP - that's great you're feeling refreshed after a break!

Lion and ZP - guess what, I got AF yesterday as well! We are in sync!! I'm a little disappointed, but not as upset about it as I usually am - no crying this time! I think it's because I have my IVF consult soon so I guess I've kinda accepted that I will need medical help to get my BFP!

Goldfish-Sorry AF got you. It's great that you have your consult soon though—one step closer to your bfp!

I just did day 3 bloodwork an hour ago - day 21 on may 1. We've decided to skip Clomid this cycle because it could put me at 6 weeks pg in the heart of our big trip to Spain/France and I figure we've gone this long without bfp I'd rather go one more and not be sick and unable to drink. So our plan is to not chart this month but also probably avoid when it's clear I'm ovulating. Next month take clomid right before our trip and try to make a baby on vacation! IUI after that if clomid is a no go.

So this month: day 21 blood test, one more other mixed bag of things blood test, book a regular ob-gyn check up (in all this forgot to do that), get AF in mid-may and hopefully after clomid have a bfp in mid-June! Wheeee!

Goldfish - a whole bunch of us are in sync right now! And I totally understand your acceptance that you'll probably need help to get pg.

Happy weekend, all!

Lily - yes, you're right, I think there are 4 of us with AF at the moment! How sensible of you to think of your holiday. I hope your tests are OK!

Hey ladies! Just wanted to let you I'm routing for you and still around checking in on you from time to time. Hope you are all doing well and get those bfp's soon.

Happy Friday, ladies! We've all been quiet this week but just wanted to say hello and that I'm sending good thoughts everyone's way.

:dust:

Thanks, Veganlily!

I'm on cd8. We're on the SMEP schedule, so we begin our every other day BD until O (and then power BDing starts). I'm trying progesterone cream this month (after O of course) along with the B-complex I've been taking. We also use Preseed. I'm hoping my LP is more than 10 days this month. :thumbup: If I do get a BFP, my doc wants me to call in, and she's immediately going to order me a prescription of progesterone.

If no BFP this month, then DH will go in for a SA next month. Let's just say he is highly motivated to get the BFP and save himself from the uncomfortable experience.

Hi ladies!
We sure have been quiet lately...I'm guessing there's been a lot of action at the journals....

I wanted to check in with my cycle buddies!! Have you O'ed yet?!

I'm waiting..My O pattern has changed by a couple of days it seems. Two months ago I would have O'ed on Sat (cd10), but no temp increase yet and consistent EWCM so far. I forgot to OPK yesterday, but will do it today, tomorrow,... until the temp spike. We'll see when it'll happen!

Anybody out there on the TWW?

zero- I'm on cd 11. No O yet as far as I know. I'm going to start OPKs today. I've been holding out on temping for the year+ we've been trying, but I will give in and start next cycle if no BFP this cycle. We've been BDing every other day since cd8 (so only two times so far). I expect to O between cd15 and cd19. I used to always O on cd19 until I started B complex, then it has changed to cd15. I forgot to take the B-complex this weekend, so I don't know if that will affect my O date.

GL on catching that egg!!! Let's make some 2014 babies!!!

I am expecting AF in the next day or so my temp is on it's way down and the usual spotting has started :thumbup: roll on cycle 9

ZP - I don't think I've ovulated yet either. Have only been temping for a few days this cycle though so it's a bit hard to tell. I don't have much hope of conceiving naturally anymore - unfortunately found out today that I have low AMH (marker of poor ovarian reserve) and that my endometrioma has grown bigger, so I need to start IVF as soon as possible :(

Twag - hope that isn't AF, but if it is then good luck for cycle #9

I'm sorry about the bad news your received today, Goldfish. :hugs: It must be very difficult on you.

When do you think you'll be able to get your first round of IVF?

:hugs: sorry to hear your bad news Goldfish - can they get you into IVF quickly?

Oh the :witch: will come I fully expect her as this cycle 8 was a break from TTC so I am looking forward to her going and cycle 9 starting so I can get a BFP :thumbup:

Massive :hug: ladies you are all so strong you are an inspiration :flower:

ZP and Twag - the Dr I saw yesterday was quite nice and managed to get me an appointment this Thursday to discuss things further, so I might even get to start the IVF process this cycle (if they decide I do the "long" IVF protocol, then I start downregulating meds on CD21, but if they decide I do the "short" protocol, then I start other meds on my next cycle). It's very surreal - sometimes I feel like I'm looking at someone else going through this stuff, if you know what I mean?

Twag - looks like your temp went up a little bit today, that's hopeful right?!

That is great Goldfish that they are seeing you so quickly and I do hope they decide on the short IVF route but I guess whatever has the best chances is the best route :thumbup: GL

My temp has jumped right up today I am not sure what it is doing as AF should be here today unless it is a miracle conception :wacko: absolutely no chance of a BFP this cycle so just the :witch: being a cow :dohh:
IF my chart looks like this next cycle I will be having kittens :haha:

Hey ladies <3 Today is cd1 and this is my third and last iui cycle. Then we'll save for ivf sometime in 2014.

Hi ladies - hugs to everyone. We are not actively trying this cycle but not actively avoiding either - not keen to get knocked up right before Spain/France but if the mood strikes and we catch that egg I'm not going to be sad. I think I'm about to ovulate, which is pretty early for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->