TTC #1 and over 30

Thanks ladies, with u all here with me, i feel soooo much better. For all soon testers, the best of luck ladies. Hope u all get BFP!!! :hugs:

Slight temp dip this morning. 15 dpo (according to FF) and a :bfn: this morning. :( I'm not giving up hope through. Testing Tuesday now. :)

Good luck, ladies! :hug:

I'm sorry MayJan. :hugs: You should try talking to him about not feeling attractive as a woman and take it away from the baby talk. I know that if he is like most men he may be feeling like this baby is more important than he is and that he is just being used for his swimmers. What if next cycle you talk to him about improving your sex life (not timing for a baby) and tell him you dont want this to be about baby (even if you do) and that you are not going to focus on that this cycle (except secretively) and that you want to reconnect with him and want lots of sex. Men are way more sensitive than meets the eye (as you probs already know). And, typically, they don't have that same "strong need" for a baby that a lot of women get. He probs needs his ego stroked a little bit. Maybe not, but just thought Id throw this out there as an idea. I know this is hard, especially on top of everything else. FX'd the BD two days before did the trick. Do y'all read the 2ww symptom website? I feel like I've seen a couple posts where peops got their bfp from just one BD in the whole month! Keep your head up as best you can and know that your DH loves you and that your time will come. :hugs:

BakingB - Sorry about the BFN. Glad you are staying positive! You are definitely still in the game! I am going to test Tuesday too! I was very proud of myself for holding out this morning. Following our thread rules and waiting until 12dpo, which will be Tuesday. Sending lots of :dust:!!!

:dust: for all of my cycle buddies testing soon!!! And, :dust: for all you :sex:ing and those of you in the waiting zone :coffee:, and everyone else!!! Happy Sunday. Do something nice for your self today. :hugs:

Good luck Luna!

mayjan - hope you feel better soon and he comes around next cycle. Please talk to him before then. I know lots of guys have issues with timed BD. How does he react when you iniate and its not O time? Also don't blame yourself for the PCOS. There is plenty you can do to be healthier but it's impossible to get it 100 or to do it on your own.

Mrschezek - enjoy smep and good luck

baking babe - hope its a false alarm and you still get your BFP on tuesday.

HI can I join this thread?

I'm 1 or 2 dpo I think and have had mild cramping and lower back ache also very tired last 3 days inc today. I normally cramp around this time of the month. Have noticed (TMI WARNING!) that my nipples have veins on them which I don't think I've noticed before but this is first cycle ttc #1 so not sure if it's normal for me. Wish I'd paid more attention to my body before! What do you guys think?

Wishing for our BFP's this month :dust:

:hugs: MayJan, I am sorry he isn't cooperating. When did you last BD though? You are fertile whenever you see that fertile cm, and sperm can live for a few days

Good luck Luna

Thx gal.. It was 2 days before the day I ovulated. i noticed my CM wasnt as much as last cycle, so i dunno if the sperm can last that long inside. and i kept getting neg. OPK till yesterday (the day i O'd)?? it was a very faint line OPK yesterday, so i couldnt figure out that was the day I O'd. I tot after so much talking, we have mutual understanding about ttc, but if i have to force my way just to get him to BD, i'll say "no thanks!!!".

Well girls I have same issues MayJan...me and hd are on the same page about this as well however sometimes it does not seem like it...hd was with me at the appointment when she has prescribed clomid and told us to bd every other day…well this past was our third cycle and some days I feel like I am forcing him to do it…If he sees that I am upset because we are not going to bd he just says well you get on top..I am like no thank you…and end up crying …but when we are not suppose to bd he wants to do it…what I come to find out is pressure messes with him and ttc is putting so much stress on both of us..however man do not share their feelings as easily…all I know it is getting very frustrating..

AFM… spotting started this morning so AF usually follows shortly after...I am going to call my doc tomorrow and see what else besides clomid I can do...I am getting inpatient...I guess I am going to go on fourth round of clomid and schedule an appointment…I am so tired of this…GL Luna…

Welcome Poppy.

It's my 2nd cycle ttc and I was so happy I had this thread last month. You will notice so much more about your body then ever before. Try not to think of everything as a symtom or you'll drive your self crazy (especially if you are coming off birth control).

but that said lots of people get lucky their first time trying so good luck!

Welcome Poppy.

It's my 2nd cycle ttc and I was so happy I had this thread last month. You will notice so much more about your body then ever before. Try not to think of everything as a symtom or you'll drive your self crazy (especially if you are coming off birth control).

but that said lots of people get lucky their first time trying so good luck!

Thanks! I had the non-hormonal IUD out last week so it's all very recent so I'm not surprised at myself for being a bit obsessed at the moment. If anything I'm going to try and use this month as a way of comparing it to the next. I'm hopeful that as the IUD came out as I was entering my fertile days that we may have got there in time but am trying to remain realistic! In the mean time having fun with lots of BD which DH is very happy about!

Thanks also for the comment about lots of people getting lucky first time - really gave me a burst of positivity. :thumbup:

GL to all and hoping there are some BFP's on here in the next fortnight.

Well , I am in my fertile period now. DH and I :sex twice last week and aiming for 3 to 4 times this week. Then, onto the dreaded TWW. Good luck to those who are testing.

HI can I join this thread?

I'm 1 or 2 dpo I think and have had mild cramping and lower back ache also very tired last 3 days inc today. I normally cramp around this time of the month. Have noticed (TMI WARNING!) that my nipples have veins on them which I don't think I've noticed before but this is first cycle ttc #1 so not sure if it's normal for me. Wish I'd paid more attention to my body before! What do you guys think?

Wishing for our BFP's this month :dust:

Welcome poppy13

Welcome poppy :wave:

I know all this ttc stuff can make you notice all sorts of stuff you didn't notice before but it's always good to remember that your body doesn't even know it's pregnant until implantation which happens between 6 and 12 dpo and many women don't start having symptoms until even later than that. I'm pretty sure this knowledge helps me maintain my sanity and stop obsessing about every little thing :)

Welcome poppy :wave:

I know all this ttc stuff can make you notice all sorts of stuff you didn't notice before but it's always good to remember that your body doesn't even know it's pregnant until implantation which happens between 6 and 12 dpo and many women don't start having symptoms until even later than that. I'm pretty sure this knowledge helps me maintain my sanity and stop obsessing about every little thing :)

That is so good to hear and has really helped! I did know it already but having someone else say it is good, so thank you. When do you think I should test? Not sure I can wait until AF is due!

Welcome Poppy! :hi:

The first couple of months my symptoms were all over the place - super sore b's that started a couple of days before AF, to slightly sore b's a week before AF, vivid dreams, nausea, strong smells, you name it. I realized after a few cycles that I really can't symptom spot b/c my symptoms are constantly changing anyway. For the last three cycles I've had no sore b's - I think my symptoms starting going away when I started taking vit B6. Not to say that I don't still SS - I just try to keep my expectations at bay as much as possible now. Easier said than done. And, like Zeez said, plenty of ladies get their bfps soon or even the first cycle so take this journey however it feels right to you. ;)

As far as testing, we made a rule for this thread that no testing earlier than 12dpo to avoid the disappointment of stark white hpts from testing too early. A lot of ladies get their bfps earlier, but the percentage is small.

Anyway, GL! and FX'd for you this cycle! :dust:

How are my cycle buddies? We are getting so close!!!

:dust:

yeah testing early is kind of tough...on one hand you really want to know, on the other hand it's so disappointing to see a bfn. I tested 3 times before was even due on my first cycle because I was so convinced I was preg (because of all my "symptoms"!)

that being said I'm still floating the idea of testing tomorrow at 13 dpo but haven't decided yet...I think my cervix was slightly softer this morning which usually only happens a few hours before af arrives but she isn't due until late today at the earliest so I guess I have more waiting in store :lol:

How are my cycle buddies? We are getting so close!!!

feeling good! :thumbup:

when are you testing?

Me too! Pretty major temp dip yesterday followed by a pretty major spike today. Hoping hoping hoping it's implantation. :shrug:

I'll test Wednesday or thursday . . . but only if my temps stay elevated. My temps tend to drop for 2 or so days before af comes, so either way I should know by the weekend - which is good because I will have a cocktail-infused city weekend if :witch: shows and obviously a very different kind of city weekend if she doesn't! I'm 8 DPO by my estimate though ff thinks I'm 9 DPO.

I have to admit that I've felt since o that this might have been our month and I've also said for over a year that June 2012 was the month we very much hoped to get pregnant-it's just sort of the right timing for us (we avoided until february, ntnp for 2 months and this is our 2nd month actively ttc). OH had a vasectomy reversed (successfully!) a year ago, so we'll be pretty over the moon if this is it. That all said, I'm keeping my expectations and hopes in check and won't be devastated by a bfn....I don't expect it to happen yet but will be thrilled if it does!

I couldn't wish more :dust: to my cycle buddies as well as all the awesome ladies on this thread-y'all have made this 4 month adventure pretty great. Xoxo

Mayjan- one thing that helps at least on my end is when I think I am o'ing I make it a point not to tell OH, I just act extra friendly and get him to bd that way. It takes a lot of the pressure off of him. The only time I really bring it up in the conversation is when I want to test and when I start AF. Other than that I keep it to myself. I know how hard it is to time bd and o with pcos because I have it too and my cycle are wacky. Also if I remember correctly his little swimmers can live up to 4 days inside you, so bding 2 days before o gives you an excellent chance of catching.

Afm, I am on cd9, took soy 2-6, but I am afraid AF won't stop in time for me to catch my o. These past two cycles have been really hard for me. I have what can be considered a normal AF for a week, which is not bad, and then I get my pcos AF week 2 where I just want to die. I am into week 2 and it is rough. I have found, though, that my cat is awesome. She can tell when I am not feeling good and when I am laying on the couch she lays on my lower tummy which feels amazing. The pressure from her laying there helps my cramps so much. She and my dog both can tell when I am not feeling well because they both cling to my side.

I'm so excited for all the testing over the next few days!!! And everyone's symptoms sound so good! FX and lots and lots of dust!
:dust: :baby: :dust:

MayJan - big big hugs to you! :hugs: It certainly sounds like your DH just isn't ready yet. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that hardship! My DH wasn't on board the first time we decided TTC 1.5 years ago so we gave up! Even ended up separating but we're back at it since Jan and going strong! So perhaps he just needs more time…

Luna! Your symptoms sound SO promising!!! FX for you girl :hugs:

Bakingbabe - FX for you!!! Hope AF stays away…sorry about that ugly BFN :hugs:

Hi Poppy and welcome :hi: Hope you're one of the ones that get their BFP right away!!!! FX

Sasha - sorry you and DH are struggling with stuff. BDing for a baby is super stressful! It nearly broke up my marriage a year ago. I hope you and DH figure out a way to talk and figure out a way to make it work!!! :hugs: And sorry about the spotting…FX for next cycle!!!!

Nikkih - I'm in my fertile period too! Fun fun fun :winkwink: FX for both of us!!!!

AFM, still -OPK today and maybe a bit more CM but it's still creamy. Started breaking out which is a good sign (at least in terms of O coming - hate having all the spots otherwise!!!!). Still in Madrid, hanging out with friends, watching Euro Cup - good times! :thumbup: Tho I'm starting to feel a bit homesick...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->