TTC #1 and over 30

Question for you ladies!

My fertile days began last Tuesday, I had my non-hormonal coil out on wednesday. we BD'd on tues, thurs, fri and sat. do you think there is a chance it could work this month or do you think having it out mid fertile period will have scuppered our chances?

I don't really know much about the coil, is it meant to prevent implantation or is it meant to interfere with his swimmers too? If it just prevents implantation them there's definitely a chance

Yeah I know nothing about the coil as well :shrug: But regardless, FX for you that all your :sex: pays off with a BFP!!! :hugs: FX

I think it stops implantation. I just know it worked for the 3 & half years I had it!

Hi ladies...

Well despite what my signature says its 2dpo for me today and would seem I've had a big drop in my temps...still above covering tho...

Has anyone had a fallback rise before? I didn't get one last month so took me by surprise this morning! Don't want to think I'm already out at 2dpo, so hopefully it shoots back up tomorrow!!!

That could be an implantation dip tho it's a bit early for that at 2DPO :shrug: Not very helpful, I know!!!! :dohh:

Oh why is my chart so confusing this month!!!

Grrrrr.....not helping my impatience!!!

Hey ladies good luck!! I'm 33 on Wednesday and DH and I have just made the decision to TTC. I look forward to having others in the same boat to share, laugh and cry with so I thought I'd try a forum. Let's make some babies :)

:wave:Welcome! Poppy and Ttc1st!

Newbie32, sorry your chart is so confusing...yes, I've had a drop at 1dpo and a rise again at 2 dpo before.

MrsChezek, are you back from Spain? Sounded like you were having a blast!

AFM, got a super dark +opk today! Time to get busy...

Attachments

• opk.JPG
    opk.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 2

Newbie32, sorry your chart is so confusing...yes, I've had a drop at 1dpo and a rise again at 2 dpo before.

Here's hoping temp pops back up tomorrow too!

Yay for your +opk, get that bd on girl!!!

Hi, all, new member!! TTC technically for a year, long story, too many obstacles along the way (i posted recently a new thread). 34 and no idea what to do! should we both get tested? clomid? iui? seems like the usual TTC way just does not work for us (me longer periods, him low drive/health issues).

Have you been to your doctor yet? They can probably recommend the best thing for your situation.

Mayjan- one thing that helps at least on my end is when I think I am o'ing I make it a point not to tell OH, I just act extra friendly and get him to bd that way. It takes a lot of the pressure off of him. The only time I really bring it up in the conversation is when I want to test and when I start AF. Other than that I keep it to myself. I know how hard it is to time bd and o with pcos because I have it too and my cycle are wacky. Also if I remember correctly his little swimmers can live up to 4 days inside you, so bding 2 days before o gives you an excellent chance of catching.

Afm, I am on cd9, took soy 2-6, but I am afraid AF won't stop in time for me to catch my o. These past two cycles have been really hard for me. I have what can be considered a normal AF for a week, which is not bad, and then I get my pcos AF week 2 where I just want to die. I am into week 2 and it is rough. I have found, though, that my cat is awesome. She can tell when I am not feeling good and when I am laying on the couch she lays on my lower tummy which feels amazing. The pressure from her laying there helps my cramps so much. She and my dog both can tell when I am not feeling well because they both cling to my side.

Thx gypsygirl.. i think ur cat is so sweet. i want a dog too, but my mother-in-law isn't fond of pet at home and i'm afraid no one takes care of the dog when i'm away from home. When u said PCOS AF, what does it mean? like extended AF after a week of flow? it's indeed very hard to time BD, as i dont know when the next O will be. I hope u catch the egg this cycle n ur cramp is better now. Lots of luck!!! :flower:

Yaaay!!! Happy Bding!!!

Welcome Poppy, ttc1st, and flagirlie

Poppy - sorry i dont know anything about coil, but hope u catch the egg.

ttc1st - happy b'day!! first cycle is always excited, n it'll be great if u get BFP immediately. have u done anything so far or just let the nature takes its course?

flagirlie - if it's already a year, u both shud get tested. from there, the doctor will be able to suggest sth. have u done any bbt charting, checking CM, checking CP, smep, OPK, fertility monitor?? i have long cycles too, and they're not regular, so it's hard to predict O. I dont know what to do about the low drive thou, sorry, as i have the same problem, even though DH is younger than me. :( Hope u feel at home here. feel free to talk to us about anything, we're all here for u

Mayjan- one thing that helps at least on my end is when I think I am o'ing I make it a point not to tell OH, I just act extra friendly and get him to bd that way. It takes a lot of the pressure off of him. The only time I really bring it up in the conversation is when I want to test and when I start AF. Other than that I keep it to myself. I know how hard it is to time bd and o with pcos because I have it too and my cycle are wacky. Also if I remember correctly his little swimmers can live up to 4 days inside you, so bding 2 days before o gives you an excellent chance of catching.

Afm, I am on cd9, took soy 2-6, but I am afraid AF won't stop in time for me to catch my o. These past two cycles have been really hard for me. I have what can be considered a normal AF for a week, which is not bad, and then I get my pcos AF week 2 where I just want to die. I am into week 2 and it is rough. I have found, though, that my cat is awesome. She can tell when I am not feeling good and when I am laying on the couch she lays on my lower tummy which feels amazing. The pressure from her laying there helps my cramps so much. She and my dog both can tell when I am not feeling well because they both cling to my side.

Thx gypsygirl.. i think ur cat is so sweet. i want a dog too, but my mother-in-law isn't fond of pet at home and i'm afraid no one takes care of the dog when i'm away from home. When u said PCOS AF, what does it mean? like extended AF after a week of flow? it's indeed very hard to time BD, as i dont know when the next O will be. I hope u catch the egg this cycle n ur cramp is better now. Lots of luck!!! :flower:

The first week of my cycle is a decent flow with not many cramps. The second week is very heavy with horrendous cramps that make me physically ill. The second week is what I consider my pcos AF because that's what I normally deal with for three to four weeks at a time every couple months or so. This last time I also spotted for two weeks after I finally finished, which was very frustrating. I hope that doesn't happen again this time.

I'm 31.5 and trying to conceive our first child. We've been married for 6.5 years, trying on & off for about a year. Starting trying actively a few months ago. Visit to doc revealed that I was not ovulating (although VERY regular 27 day cycle). Took Clomid 100mg cycle 1, but no luck. Cycle 2 starts tomorrow. Doc told me not to get disappointed coz every cycle there's only a 30% chance of conceiving.....but I feel the pressure building up because of my age. Besides, I really want a baby now. DH is a sweetheart and I can't wait to take this next step with him.

Welcome ttc1, flagirlie and maybebaby (hope I didn't miss anyone, this thread is expanding really quickly)

Gypsy - I used to have the exact pcos AF and it was a nightmare. Hope you feel better soon.

poppy - the coil mostly works by preventing implantation which wouldn't have affected you at all as implantation happens about 5 days later anyway. However the copper does disrupt DH's swimmers so depending when you O'd it might have had a small effect.
They warn you though that you can get preg by BDing up to 5 days BEFORE its removed so its still very possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->