TTC #1 at 35+

Thanks Leilani

Do you know if it would have had an effect that for some reason I had a pretty short Af this time and so by CD4 when the test was done AF had virtually gone?

How's things with you? :hugs: xx

I don't think the 2 are in any way related (other than because you're a woman). I could be wrong though.

Hi all - hadn't been able to find the thread until now. Glad to hear that at least you all seem to be in the system now - keeping fingers crossed for those BFP's! Good to hear about your scan Sam - and your little girl! We had our anomaly scan this week too - all was fine but didn't ask sex as we're not bothered as long as it's healthy. It had it's little thumb up at us but was a little awkward in moving into the right position to complete the scan so we had to go back in to the room again - bubs obliged then by changing position! Can't believe I'm halfway there! Sending love to all!

Glad to hear you're doing well marie and that all is good with your surprise bundle :happydance:

Right! Just got positive on my opk stick so it's all systems go :blush:.

We're trying the Sperm Meets Egg Plan this month for the first time, coupled with first time using Conceive Plus. I hope DH is up for it (oh dear please pardon the pun). I really feel as though this will be our best chance so far. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

:dust: to all xx

Hi All
Just found this thread am glad I'm not the only one out there. Am 5dpo of my 7th cycle actively TTC. Was 35 in Feb. Can really hear my clock ticking.... Seem to be getting nowhere. Any tips etc.

M,

Hi MrsMcKc,

Are you temping? OPKs? or CBFM?

I'm 35 (was in May) and this is my 5th month of trying although this month we haven't been able to try as I've been ill. Bring on next month!

What's your plan of action???

:dust::dust:

Cxx

Hi MrsMcKC

Welcome to the group - I hope you don't have to wait too long for your :bfp: xx

Hi Spacegirl and Deb111.
Tried CBFM for 5 months and am also temping. I don't use OPKs as they never seem to give me a positive result! Stopped CBFM as the sticks are very expensive. Always got peaks but also got loads of highs too so it didn't really pin down 5 most fertile days.

Am 10dpo today, crapms tenders bbs and just waiting for the spotting to start!!

Hi MrsMcKC - let's hope your stay here is short but sweet. WHen does AF usually show?

Typically I just bought 3 boxes of CBFM sticks (I buy in bulk as need to get them sent from the UK, and most places charge an arm and a leg for postage), and now I have just started our first IVF cycle, so currently am back on the pill for a couple of weeks before I start all the hard-core drugs, so won't be using the sticks any time soon. However, depending on how the IVF goes, I will need to use my CBFM if we get any frozen embryos transfered.

So I guess that covers my latest news. AF showed up first thing Thursday morning, so I rang the FS' nurse to get the ball rolling; we have decided to stump up the big bucks and join a scheme they have called fertility cover - basically you pay a big chuck of cash up front and get up to 3 full IVF cycles and as many frozen embryo transfers as possible, and if after three cycles we don't get a baby, we get 70% of our money back. It is expensive, and if we get lucky first time we have paid well over the odds, if we get lucky on the second cycles it's pretty much break even (especially as we need ICSI which puts the price up some more if we were paying as we went). It's all a big gamble, but I guess so is life, and only 35% of women get pregnant their first IVF cycle - so obviously it still happens to quite a few women. If I haven't gotten pregnant by the end of the third cycle, it'll be close to the time when I qualify for publicly funded IVF, of which I get 2 tries, and I think if we get thet far with no baby, enough will be enough!

How's everyone else doing?

We're trying the Sperm Meets Egg Plan this month for the first time, coupled with first time using Conceive Plus. I hope DH is up for it (oh dear please pardon the pun). I really feel as though this will be our best chance so far. Keep your fingers crossed for us!!

Hi Angelic

Just curious... with the SMEP, why BD on CD8?? It seems so early... Guess I could wander over to the SMEP thread and ask :)

Hi Angelic

Just curious... with the SMEP, why BD on CD8?? It seems so early... Guess I could wander over to the SMEP thread and ask :)

Hi

With SMEP you should BD every other day until OV (so in my case that would start on CD 6 as that's when AF finishes). Then I BD on CD 8, 10, 12 etc but in my case as I OV between CD 8 and 10 it doesn't actually give me much time until we have to BD on the 3 consecutive nights! If you see my chart we didn't actually get to go through with the full SMEP as OH couldn't quite manage :blush:. But basically if we had it would have gone like this...BD on days 6, 8, 9 (OV day), 10, 11 and 13. Hope this helps x

Edited to say - I should add I am on short cycles of 23 days so that's why I tend to OV "early"!

Hi Leilani,

I usually start spotting v v v lightly at 11dpo and AF arrives at 14dpo. So tomorrow will tell a lot.

Hi Spacegirl,

Am all out of plans for a while. Just hope that is AF is going to show she gets it over with. My Husband is going to Canada on the 23rd June and I am not following him over there for a couple of months. Doubt I will ov before he goes and anyway don't want to ruin our last two weekd together for a while obsessing....

Hey Girls!

Quick question...

Should I lie to the doc about how long we have been trying so I can get blood/sperm tests more quickly??

We've only had 4 proper cycles of trying but thought that it would be best to find out if I'm ok sooner rather than later (with my age).

MrsMcKC- a break sounds like a good plan to me so you can enjoy your time together more. Hope he returns swiftly!

Cxxx

Hey Girls!

Quick question...

Should I lie to the doc about how long we have been trying so I can get blood/sperm tests more quickly??

We've only had 4 proper cycles of trying but thought that it would be best to find out if I'm ok sooner rather than later (with my age).

MrsMcKC- a break sounds like a good plan to me so you can enjoy your time together more. Hope he returns swiftly!

Cxxx

Hell yes! My Doc didn't care and wanted us tested after 3 months, but if your doc is a fussy fuddy, say almost a year, so thought it was time to get tested!

hello ladies well im engaged!! check out https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCH_Tu6st8&h=0c629

hope you are all well im gonna try and catch up this evening. xxxx

hello ladies well im engaged!! check out https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCH_Tu6st8&h=0c629

Yay - congratulations :happydance::happydance::happydance:

congrats...loved the video lol

I'll be Mrs Wilson...4 weeks tomorrow!!!!

Txxx

Thanks Leilani,

Your hell yes has convinced me!

Lisa1 congratulations!!! v exciting news! :happydance: :cloud9:

:wedding:

xxxxxxx

Back from my hols and I've missed all the exciting news!

Congrats Lisa - that's great news :happydance:

Leilani - how exciting - you'll have to keep me informed as we'll be starting ICSI in October hopefully

And Spacegirl - don't lie - just exagerate :winkwink::winkwink:

xx

Hi ladies - thought I'd update in here (have finally started a journal, so I can put everything in one place)

I had an AMH test done 2 weeks ago and last Tuesday the results came back as a terrible 0.5ng/ml (which is 3.6 pmol/L) and so we were turned down for the fertility cover scheme as we're deemed too much of a risk. I was given this result by the clinic manager (an admin person), and I was really upset by result, and the fact we couldn't join the scheme, but also by the fact it was an admin person who rang with the test results - I'm still cross about than now. I can understand her being involved, as she is the administrator for the scheme, but when it's not good news, it really should have been a medical person who rang, so they could explain what it all means. As it was all the admin lady told me was what I could read off their website!

DH was upset too, so he rang the clinic the next morning to try and speak to a doctor (or at least a nurse) and he spoke to our FS's nurse, and she made an appointment for the FS to call us and explain what it all meant and answer our questions.

So 45 minutes later than scheduled the FS rang us on Monday. He was very kind (and I told him how upset I was about the way I recieved my results), and he basically re-assured us we weren’t in a hopeless situation, but it is a numbers game and we're too much of a risk for them to gamble on us.

We are now going to press on and pay as we go. I've been searching the web for stories of success with low AMH levels, and there are plenty out there – including stories of natural BFPs. At the end of the day, it really is a numbers game, and we’re just starting, potentially, with lower numbers. My mantra is now “It only takes one, it only takes one”, though if given the chance, we’re going to opt for 2 embryos.

I rang the nurse yesterday to find out when I can collect my drugs and get my injection training, and am going to see her this afternoon and am due to start twice daily injections next wednesday with egg collection sometime the week starting 12 July - it suddenly seems all very real and close!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->