TTC #1 at 35+

Hi Everyone,

Seems ever so quiet here lately...

Debs and Leilani sorry to hear about all the trouble you have been having. I do wish docs would be more sensitive on on the ball with fertility. Hopefully you'll be able to start the ICSI soon.

This is my 2nd month using the CBFM and after my lovely text book results last month this month is proving to be a little different. I'm on my 6th low (last month I had just 4) and my temps are very high for pre-ovulation. However, I now know why! I have a virus :sick: So I won't be able to try this month (I'll still monitor though).

Taking strong anti-virals at mo' so quite concerned about the effect of virus on ovulation and the drugs on my pee for the CBFM.

Can I ask a stupid question for the CBFM users?? What is the point in the CBFM getting to know you if you test every month anyway? Just worried if this month is a dud (because of the virus) it will screw up my record in the machine....hmpf!

Where is everyone? Hope 4 BFP, beanhopes, Ella?? how is everything going??

Btw why is EVERYONE getting pregnant now I want to??? :grr:

Just want to say hi...am now in the 2 week wait, and this was my first month to try preseed and soft cups.
Good luck to everyone!!!!
:dust:

Hiya

Good luck to you - the 2WW can seem endless!

Deb xx

Spacegirl - I'm not sure what the point is of CBFM getting to know you, either. It looks for the surge independently each cycle (I assume), and it's pretty standard when AF is due after that point. I don't think you'll screw it up if you have an abnormal cycle.

Maybe it recognizes what "high" estrogen means for you so it can better identify your HIGH days, but that may be about it.

The CBFM "learns" the intensity of the colour of line for each user, as all it really does is analyse the darkening of the blue for LH and fading of blue for estrogen. It is not some magical reader of the hormones in urine. It just reembers what shdes your lines are for future reference (if you are obsessive compulsive like me and keep all your sticks, you can become as wise as the CBFM!). The main point is that it sees your estrogen levels rising, so can give you a bigger window to BD in, as using OPKs and temping (especially temping), can only give you info after the fact.

Thanks Girls,

I'm keeping my sticks too! I didn't get any highs this month just went straight to peak from low. The second line was much darker this month which I guess makes sense if it was a more rapid surge this month.

Got the temp rise today and hope to get a few more to confirm ov. It feels nice to not be worrying about it so much this month (no BDing). It's shown me just how stressful I'm finding the whole thing when we are trying. I'm thinking of getting DH to take my temp for me and not tell me the numbers 'til AF arrives. Then I'll input into FF. Might stop me staring at my charts night after night!

Hope everyone is ok,

:ninja:

Hi girls

I am trying to catch up on everything, have movedninto my new house and justbgot Internet in so I'm back lol

Hope everyone is well and summer brings the stork out in force fx

Hi Lisa

Welcome back - it's been pretty quiet on here lately

Hope the move went well xx

Hey everyone :hi: can I join your fantastic thread please?

Don't know if I should "introduce myself or anything! But I'm almost 39 and trying for my first. I'm into my 7th month now and unfortunately suffered a chemical last week but I'm feeling really positive about this next cycle. Trying Conceive Plus for the first time too for this cycle so hoping that will make a big difference!

Looking forward to sharing the ups and downs with you and hopefully some lovely BFP's too :D

Angelic x

:dust:

Angelic, welcome! Sorry to hear about your loss... but lovely to see your upbeat attitude. Fingers crossed for you!!

Hey everyone....

Sorry for the disappearing act but been v busy with wedding n work. Trying to catch up with what's been happening with you all too.

Had a transvaginal and ultrasound scan done in April for possible PCOS. Sonographer said no real evidence of PCOS but couldn't see my left ovary clearly because of bowel
gas (eyuk!). She said there was 2 cysts on my right ovary c3-5cm in size so these would need to be looked at again in c.6 weeks time.

Got my first gynae referral on 1st June so not sure what will happen then.

Hope you are all good.

Txxx

Hello

I just wanted to check in and say hello :flower: and send you the all important :dust:.

I have been keeping an eye on everything you have all been going through and also keep saying little prayers that you will all get your much longed for BFP's.

Just to give you some hope that after 7mths ttc and a chemical m/c we have just had our anomoly/sexing scan this week & we now know we are having a perfect little princess.

Big hugs to you all

Sam xx

Hi Angelic - welcome to the group - sorry to hear about your chemical but hope it wont be too long before that :bfp:

Tracey - good to see you back - hope the plans are going well :thumbup:

Sam - long time no see - a little princess ... that's fab news. I can't believe you're nearly half way!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hugs to you all :hugs:

Angelic welcome to the club!

Good to see you back Lisa/Tracey hope it's all going well.

Sam congratulations! It's so lovely to have a positive ttc story in this group and to be having a little girl too! So happy for you.

Cxxx

Aww Sam...well done on your perfect little girl xx

Anyone know what's happening with Ella, Marie and Hope?

Aww Sam...well done on your perfect little girl xx

Anyone know what's happening with Ella, Marie and Hope?

Wow not long your big day!! Hope all your plans are in place and you can relax on the run up to the most amazing day ever.

S xx

Hi girls

Just to update you all - I got my blood tests back today to retest my FSH level

FSH - 6
LH - 3.6
Oestradiol - 196

I'm told my GP says they are all within the normal range so that's good news

xx

Hi girls

Just to update you all - I got my blood tests back today to retest my FSH level

FSH - 6
LH - 3.6
Oestradiol - 196

I'm told my GP says they are all within the normal range so that's good news

xx

Your FSH level is fantastic - well done!

Thanks Leilani

Do you know if it would have had an effect that for some reason I had a pretty short Af this time and so by CD4 when the test was done AF had virtually gone?

How's things with you? :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->