Ttc #1 baby would love a buddy

well i told my sister i've been trying and explained to her all the struggle i've gone through just to end up with nothing, and she told me she's going to carry the baby and let me adopt it if thats what i want...crazy things but good things happening right now, so not sure what to think, but i'm more than excited at the moment.

That would be amazing!!! Adoption would be such a wonderful thing! How far along is she?

i agree!! she was so happy to do it too, it was amazing❤️ i obviously would have loved to do it myself and go through the whole experience, but maybe some day :) she's only about 5 weeks right now we think, but she's going for bloodwork tomorrow so will know more soon i hope!!

so today she took another test, suuuuuper BFP in 30 seconds! so crazy this is all happening so fast, but i have never felt so right about a decision in my entire life. my sister is being so great, she says from this moment forward it is my baby and she is auntie so that's amazing. im so sad that she's all the way in England, she won't be home til half way through her second trimester so that is going to be soooo difficult. she said she's going to facetime me from every appointment and anything that happens though, so thats good! i can not wait until she gets home so i can be a bigger part of this...not the way i would have planned to have my first baby, but i just feel so blessed to have such an amazing sister who is willing to do this for me!

That's amazing!! I'm so glad that she's having you so involved. Are you going to start looking for an adoption lawyer to draw up the paper work? Or wait till she's back in the states? I'm so so happy for you!!! You will have to keep me filled in how everything goes as your baby gets closer to being here :)

im actually in canada! we're going to wait until she gets back i think :) the process is very simple here so that's good! i'm so excited for everything and i'm too impatient lol i wish she was here now, sucks being so far away! also...i'm on CD 34 now but no sign of AFand my boobs are so sore :/ lol im scared to take another test now😂 i may end up with "twins"! lol highly unlikely but af. has been super regular ever 31 days since september, strange!

false alarm! af is here lol, along with a brutal yeast infection, LOVELY!

lol I swear af knows you talk about her and shows up! Sucks about the yeast infection those are the worse!!!

I'm glad the adoption process there is so easy in the states we make it wayyyy to complex and expensive

i know! af is a sneaky little bugger for sure! and yes its bery easy here, and free when you do it this way :) don't need a lawyer or anything, i know a lot because my mom actually adopted me and my siblings, she's my dad's sister!

I tried to adopt my cousins little girl. Him and his gf are in and out of jail and drug users. To adopt her it would have cost me over 15,000$ and we would have had to contact every living relative that is "closer" genetic wise than I am. I knew her sister would have taken her and moved her across the country to live in a 2 bedroom trailer with her 5 other kids. So instead her grandma has her :( at least I know she's safe there.... sorry long long rant lol

Today was a great day. Me an my dh had started marriage counciling a while back. I didn't think it was helping much until last night he got home told me to go take a nap. He woke me up 2 hours later had put lizzy to bed, made me dinner, finished the laundry and asked to play cards together after dinner. During dinner he said I think the counselor was right doing nice things for each other without expecting anything back does make me feel better. I about melted into a puddle lol.

wow swimmy that is crazy...but here if its a siblings child or a grandchild its super easy! otherwise you have to go jump through all the hoops and it costs some i know, but dont know the specifics! im so happy to hear about you and your dh! i didnt realize you guys were having
issues thats so sad! hopefully it can get better :)

afm, still have af, as well as this lovely yeast infection so BLAH! but in too good of a mood lately over the baby that i cant be brought down! also, my sister was not supposed to come home until july, which would be SO long! but my grandmother decided she would pay to fly her home for a visit in april, so i get to hear the heartbeat for the first time with her, and i am so happy!! so she will be home for 3 weeks in april, then gone again til mid-july, and then home until the baby is born! her first appointment in england is next monday, so then we will know more like exact due date and what not, im SO excited for this journey, and shes being so amazing! she's already bought and shipped me a "new mom" gift apparently! lol love her so much❤️

omg that is soooo sweet of her! i'm so glad that you get to see her and hear the heart beat in just a few months!! please please post some ultrasound pictures when she gets one!! Can't wait to hear all about this journey with you :)
Any plans for the nursery yet? or any chance you want to cloth diaper (hehehe i'm a cloth diaper junky!! always trying to pull moms to the dark side). any hopes for gender?

any new mom questions im always here. i had a hard time adjusting but now really loving it! can't wait to hear what the new mom gift is!!!

also hoping this doesn't sound insensitive (just curious) - but no chance the bio father will want to stop the adoption? I really hope not you and your DH will be great parents, and really deserve this baby :hugs::happydance:

i know i am so excited!!! of course i'll post so many pictures along the way!! i have my whole nursery planned out lol i guess thats what happens when you spend years trying, lots of time to think about it! definitely will be cloth diapering! i have a friend who actually owns a business selling them, so i'll get a super good deal! and thankfully no! the bio dad was a one night stand in england with a man from spain so i do not think it willbe an issue! lol and thanks for offering advice! im sure i'll have lots of questions along the way :) i'm having a hard time watching her get to go through all this, i really wanted the whole experience, but i'm just so thankful she's willing to do this for me, as it may be my only chance to have a baby! so it means the world to me :) we have always been extremely close, but i do think this will strengthen our relationship in a way nothing else could :)

also, i am hoping for a girl! lol but obviously i'll be ecstatic either way :)

eeekkk! seriously every post from you i look forward to reading so much now lol. I love love love cloth diapers! What kind of brands does she sell? I just went to a mom convention and of course bought way too many hahahaha.
I'm sure its hard for her but I bet that she is also very glad to be giving you this wonderful gift! And who knows maybe after having this baby you might get a surprise bfp. I've heard of that happening to quite a few people :) (we can keep our fingers crossed that's for sure).

I really wanted a boy for my first baby but now wouldn't trade having a girl for the world! A healthy happy baby that's all that matters :)

also I took an OPK today. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_3024.jpg
    IMG_3024.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 0
ouuuu that looks positive to me!!

im not sure what exactly the brand is lol but they're the pocket kinda where the absorbent liners go inside! i love them! and they're SO cute!!

i'm so excited :) she'll be home 3 weeks from today for her visit, and i can't wait until the first ultrasound!! i've already bought a car seat lol and i have amazon carts full of nursery items!! i can't wait til we know the gender so I can know what to prepare for!! AHH lol!

Ooohhh pockets are my favorite. I have bum genusis, kawaii (my favorite so far), Alva (least favorite), and a few grovia. I love all the fun patterns they come in!!! I just bought one that is a night sky and has a big moon on her butt so cute!!

Oh my gosh 3 weeks! The time is gonna fly!! I think it's great your preparing so early!!
Took another opk tonight and it's even more positive!! I never have surges like this even when on clomid! Very confused

i love them too!! jace (the little boy i used to nanny) had soooo many cute diapers! his mom is the one who sells them! and i know i am SO excited for her to come home!! bought a car seat today lol it was on sale and i couldn't pass it up!!

and yay! so glad you finally got that positive opk!!

Do you have nursery theme ideas? Or names you have been thinking about? So much fun!!! Also random thought does Canada give parents time off who adopt for maternity leave? I think the USA does but I don't think it's as much time (which is bs!) today's opk is still positive ... can definitely say I've never had 3 days of positives before. Of course I googled and I guess your first time ovulating post baby it can take your body multiple times of "trying" to ovulate before it actually does. One women wrote that she had dark positives for over a week :( hope that's not the case here. Also I guess you can have multiple egg releases soooo I think I might actually avoid bedding for the rest of the + opks lol I don't really want multiples especially sense they would only be like 14 months apart.
Still kind of having a little bit of a pitty party randomly today when I think of going back to the fertility clinic. My friend messaged me today saying she's pregnant with her 4th and considering termination ... I'm sure she won't but sometimes it breaks my heart that she gets pregnant so easy and I know that won't be us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->