Ttc #1 baby would love a buddy

Tropical doll, how much longer do you have to wait until testing or AF arrives with her unwanted monthly gift? How long have you been trying? I'm on holidays this week ( March break.. I'm a teacher), so it's pretty much all I've thought about hah

Ella, I've been TTC since September of last year (so roughly 6 months). I thought that I would simply get pregnant as soon as I stopped taking my birth control pills.... but I'm still waiting. :dohh:

I thought I would get pregnant rather fast too tropical doll. Still patiently waiting for baby :) I said I wasn't going to ttc over April and May as I have a holiday booked in june and didn't want to be really early in pregnancy and going.... do you see what I mean I just think I'd be scared of early mc. Am I being silly ?

I thought I would get pregnant rather fast too tropical doll. Still patiently waiting for baby :) I said I wasn't going to ttc over April and May as I have a holiday booked in june and didn't want to be really early in pregnancy and going.... do you see what I mean I just think I'd be scared of early mc. Am I being silly ?

You're not being silly at all, willowtree. We all have legitimate concerns about pregnancy, conception, infertility, miscarriages...etc. So we can all relate to being seemingly overcautious!

However, if I was in your position, I actually would NOT stop trying because of an upcoming trip. In fact, if it turned out that I was in fact pregnant, I would prefer to cancel the trip altogether, or simply be extremely cautious on the trip ...but I wouldn't stop trying.

I did exactly that last year, and I now regret doing so. My hubby and I had initially planned to aim for our baby last year....but then both of my sisters announced that they were getting married that year, which would require me to travel twice..... So I decided to put off TTC until after their weddings and these 2 trips abroad.

Then a friend of mine announced her upcoming wedding, and I once again decided to delay TTC in order to accommodate that.

Now, here I am, with all of the weddings behind me, 6 months after finally deciding to start TTC....with nothing to show for it! I totally REGRET putting off trying, and wish that I had followed through with my original plans. I always wonder what windows of opportunity I might have missed.... I will never know.

So I really would NOT suggest to ever delay your baby ambitions for anything! It's not worth it. I say keep trying, and simply take care of yourself if you do hit the jackpot.

You're not being silly at all, willowtree. We all have legitimate concerns about pregnancy, conception, infertility, miscarriages...etc. So we can all relate to being seemingly overcautious!

However, if I was in your position, I actually would NOT stop trying because of an upcoming trip. In fact, if it turned out that I was in fact pregnant, I would prefer to cancel the trip altogether, or simply be extremely cautious on the trip ...but I wouldn't stop trying.

I did exactly that last year, and I now regret doing so. My hubby and I had initially planned to aim for our baby last year....but then both of my sisters announced that they were getting married that year, which would require me to travel twice..... So I decided to put off TTC until after their weddings and these 2 trips abroad.

Then a friend of mine announced her upcoming wedding, and I once again decided to delay TTC in order to accommodate that.

Now, here I am, with all of the weddings behind me, 6 months after finally deciding to start TTC....with nothing to show for it! I totally REGRET putting off trying, and wish that I had followed through with my original plans. I always wonder what windows of opportunity I might have missed.... I will never know.

So I really would NOT suggest to ever delay your baby ambitions for anything! It's not worth it. I say keep trying, and simply take care of yourself if you do hit the jackpot.

thanks for the advice.. ive decided to just take a more relaxed approach :thumbup: let nature take its course. just because im anxious doesn't mean i should stop all together. this will be my 6th month TTC #1 :blush:
Ive started eating much healthier this week ive bought loads of fruits and chopped and frozen them going to make smoothies for breakfast. They are gorgeous !:happydance:

How are you doing ? Af is coming to an end for me Bring on April !! :hugs:

I agree I wouldn't hold of TTC. We did a 2 month pause due to booking our honeymoon (in 2 weeks yay!) and now I'm really wishing I wouldn't have. I'm hoping this month i get my BFP what an amazing wedding gift that would be!!

Sense I've had 2 chemicals and 1 mc in the past I think I'm going to wait until after I get back from my honeymoon to test if AF doesn't arrive. I know it's driving me crazy to think of waiting so long but if she doesn't show up and something does happen at least i don't have my hopes up so high (being so regular that will be hard to do anyway haha) Idk what do you guys think?

Willow - eating right is a great way to boost your body I hope april is your month! :hugs:

Exactly, willow! Good decision. Don't be anxious to the point of stopping. As you said:take a more relaxed approach. Simply enjoy your vaca and continue to take good care of yourself! *Praying that April will be your month!* :thumbup:

SwimmyJ, when are u getting married? I'm hoping that your BFP is around the corner too!

Tropical - April 10th. I leave for my 10 day honeymoon on the 11th. AF is due around the 3rd. I'll probably cave and test if she doesn't show. Trying not to get my hopes up but its so hard.

Tropical - April 10th. I leave for my 10 day honeymoon on the 11th. AF is due around the 3rd. I'll probably cave and test if she doesn't show. Trying not to get my hopes up but its so hard.

Awesome! Congrats on the upcoming wedding!! :happydance:

Congratulations swimmyj for when you get married !! I've just finished af but having major bad cramping in my legs and period type pains. Strange not sure what this means. Think I'll be ovulating around 9th April. Gonna use my opks I have in my draw. I really hope we get some bfps this up coming cycle !! Baby dust to all

I totally understand pausing the TTC (but I'm very new to it). I contemplated waiting this month because I didn't want a baby christmas week (which it will be if we conceive) but I decided to go for it. If it's meant to happen it will. If I had a trip planned I'd be scared of having morning sickness if I was in fact pregnant. My mom just told me it took her a year to conceive her first. I hope it doesn't take me that long. Here goes month 2 of trying.

Good luck ella ! It's suck that it takes some women a long time to get pregnant. I do believe everything is meant to be though. We will get pregnant when we're ready :) just hope we all get our BFPs sooner rather than later. I feel like j can't wait any longer lol. Here goes month 6 of trying for me :) let's see what April brings. I've had a look and if I concieve this month my due date would be around 29th December. I was too thinking about a baby near xmas but like you said if it's meant to be :) baby dust to you !!

It sucks waiting but I think you're right willow. Everything is meant to be. If I would have gotten pregnant when I really wanted to last year I would have a one month old and probably would not be having this amazing wedding or going on a 2 week honeymoon (not gonna lie still would like a baby instead haha). But now my wedding will be over soon and we can just concentrate on trying:haha:

I was feeling really hopeful about this month. But my breasts started to get sore and the headaches started yesterday which are usually my signs AF is right around the corner :hissy: I'll probably just cave and take a test tomorrow 6 days early is kinda too early though right?

Willow tree our cycles r so close, if we conceive this month I'll b due dec 25! Hehe I love Xmas and couldn't think of a better Xmas gift! Hehe bring it Aprils!,, good luck to all the! Positive positive thoughts to all

Got the BFN this morning. It might be too early but I don't think so. Good luck to everyone this month!

If we conceive baby will be due dec 24th. Looks like ov is in thursdayish.
Swimmy when is your wedding? Where are you going on honeymoon. It's so exciting. We got married aug 23 last summer. I loved every minute of it.

Yes I think so swimmyj ! Bet your looking forward to it !! What an exiting time for you ! I might be too early it's so hard not to get upset with thw bfns ...yet we still test haha. Smyleegrl I know I love as I find it a really jolly and cheerful time why not finish the year with a baby to add to the family. I have around 29- 31 day cycles. Been having a few cramps actually wonder what that means as I should be ovulating for over a week away yet. Baby dust to all you lovelies !!

Ella waiting on the o day too...o day is looking like tom or wed for me...first pos opk tonight..last month I had 4 be the o so we will c...good luck...

Ella my wedding is on the 10th can't believe its getting so close! We are leaving the next day for a 10 day cruise through the Caribbean I've never gone on a cruise before. I was looking on my est ovulation calender today and if this month didn't stick I should be ovulating on my honeymoon that must be some good luck hehehe trying not to let the BNF of today get to me.

smyleegrl324 how long have you been trying? hope this month is your month!

Yes I think so swimmyj ! Bet your looking forward to it !! What an exiting time for you ! I might be too early it's so hard not to get upset with thw bfns ...yet we still test haha. Smyleegrl I know I love as I find it a really jolly and cheerful time why not finish the year with a baby to add to the family. I have around 29- 31 day cycles. Been having a few cramps actually wonder what that means as I should be ovulating for over a week away yet. Baby dust to all you lovelies !!

I get mild cramps when I ovulate, that's how I know for sure the egg has arrived hehe maybe you are getting ovulation cramps!:happydance:

Swimmy, congrats on the upcoming wedding!!thats so exciting especially if you ovulate during your cruise how cool would it be if you two conceived on your honeymoon hehe:thumbup:

This will be cycle 4 for us..another pos opk this a.m hoping the egg wait until tomorrow to come so we can get more bd time In hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->