TTC #1 for 15 months

shamrock21

Pregnant with #1!
Reaction score
Would love a TTC buddy but don't understand all the abbreviation lingo...been going at this without support....any help appreciated! :)

Hey! I'd love a new buddy. My last buddy got a :bfp: and now I'm all alone!!
I've been around for a while and think I've figured most of the lingo out !!

Yay! I really could use the support and knowledge! All of my friends are already preggo or have already had a kid or 2 and were not TTC....so for the most part they have no clue as to what I am going thru! I don't understand the CD thing tho....help please :) Thanks so much!

According to fertilityfriend.com I am CD8 today...

TTC 15 months for me too - also on CD 8! How funny!

I did conceive last December, only to m/c in February. So I guess technically there were a few months there that I wasn't trying. But it's been 15 months since I started.

Both girls I was buddies with are pregnant now, so I too am alone. Would love to be TTC buddies with you girls. :hugs:

I did conceive last December, only to m/c in February. So I guess technically there were a few months there that I wasn't trying. But it's been 15 months since I started.

Both girls I was buddies with are pregnant now, so I too am alone. Would love to be TTC buddies with you girls. :hugs:

Wow! That is amamazing! I need all the support I can get that's for sure!

Now I'm new to this TTC buddy thing...how does it work exactly...lol!

Wow! That is amamazing! I need all the support I can get that's for sure!

Now I'm new to this TTC buddy thing...how does it work exactly...lol!

I have no idea either - I am pretty brand new to these boards myself! I'm still learning the lingo and all that too. My TTC buddies were my best friend & sister, so they weren't board members. Jodi seems to know what she's doing - I'm sure she can clue us in. :)

Do you mind if I pop in? I have been ttc since August 2009. I think I've got a good grasp of the lingo. I am a member of a great group, but almost everyone there has gotten pregnant (all the ones that I originally joined with). I'd love to have some ladies to chat with!

Do you mind if I pop in? I have been ttc since August 2009. I think I've got a good grasp of the lingo. I am a member of a great group, but almost everyone there has gotten pregnant (all the ones that I originally joined with). I'd love to have some ladies to chat with!

The more the merrier. We can get a nice little TTC buddy group going. =)

Absolutely! Join right in!! Maybe we'll all get lucky within the next month! :)according to the fertility friend I should be O starting this weekend!

I'm finally in the tww! I O'd later than usual this cycle. I think it may have been stress related. Really sucks though because my OH works away 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off and left a day before my positive opk :( Our last :sex: session was 4 days before ovulation. I searched the chart gallery and their are tons of charts where this is the case and they've still gotten :bfp: but I'm not going to hold my breath. Hopefully the timing will work out better next cycle. TTC is frustrating enough without having to work around a work schedule!!
I'n the mean time, I hope one of you ladies get a :bfp: to keep my spirits up :)

I'm finally in the tww! I O'd later than usual this cycle. I think it may have been stress related. Really sucks though because my OH works away 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off and left a day before my positive opk :( Our last :sex: session was 4 days before ovulation. I searched the chart gallery and their are tons of charts where this is the case and they've still gotten :bfp: but I'm not going to hold my breath. Hopefully the timing will work out better next cycle. TTC is frustrating enough without having to work around a work schedule!!
I'n the mean time, I hope one of you ladies get a :bfp: to keep my spirits up :)

Jodi - that has to be so tough trying to time things with your schedule. You never know though - 4 days before ovulation can definitely lead to a BFP! Actually, I know a lot of girls who ended up pregnant when they weren't trying really hard, and only had 1 good day of trying in. So maybe this will be lucky for you. I hope so! :)

I started taking soy this month, even though I always ovulate. I'm curious if it will make my cycle strange. I get progressively darker lines on OPK's before I get a positive. Yesterday the line was dark - not positive - but dark. Then today it was light. That's never happened to me before, so I'm questioning if I missed my O or if the soy is just changing things up. CD 10 is way too early for me to normally get a positive OPK - so I'm up in the air too!

Hoping for all you girls to get your BFP's! Happy Holidays!

I'm interested to see how Soy works out for you Jamie! I've read so much about different supplements but am afraid to try any because my cycle is usually pretty straight forward and I don't want to mess with it. I think next time there are a few cycle in a row where OH is away I may try something to see what happens. My luteal phase is usually only 11-12 days so I wouldn't mind lengthening it. I ordered some FertilAid online the other day. Thinking about giving that a try!

Well according to my fertility calendar I should be fertile right now and O on Monday or Tuesday! So we had a:sex: session this morning and I had him stick pillows under me when we finished and layed there for 20mins. Is that a good thing or waste of time?? First time we've tried that....and I'm interested in the soy thing too!! I hope it works out for u :D

I'll keep you girls posted on the soy! My cycles are regular in that I always have them, and I know I ovulate based on BBT & OPK's. However my ovulation isn't always the same each month, it varies between about 5 days. So I was afraid to mess with it too, but my hope was that it really would strengthen the egg quality and/or quantity. I figured if it messed me up, it was just one cycle, and after 15 of them I was willing to try. My LP is also 11-12 days, so I was also hoping to lengthen it too. I tried both Fertilaid & B6 at different points this year, and had no luck with either for lengthening it. I think I'm destined to just have an 11-12 day LP. Prior to MC, it was 15 days every month.

Shamrock: I think laying down afterward is always a good idea. It just sounds like it makes sense. I do the same thing!

Shamrock - I think laying down after is a good idea too! I tried soft cups this cycle as well!

Jamie - I have read you have to use Fertilaid for 3 month in order to see a difference. Did you use it that long? Sometimes I think I'm silly for wasting my money on that stuff, but then part of me thinks, hey it might work!

I've been using soy since August. I was on clomid for the three months before that, and my dr wouldn't give me a new prescription until dh was checked out by a urologist. My cycles were very irregular before clomid, and when I was on it they were pretty regular. I started the soy because I wanted the regular cycles, and it's kept my cycles around 30-some days. I've been pretty happy with my results so far, although I haven't gotten my bfp yet.

Jodi - what exactly is soft cups? I'm sorry but I've just never heard that phrasem. Still learning what some of this stuff ism

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Jodi: I only used Fertilaid for 1 month, so that's probably why I didn't notice a difference! I should've given it more time. Let me know how it works for you, maybe I'll give it another try. I'm also interested in what soft cups are - I haven't heard of those yet!

Lucie: Glad to hear that soy keeps your cycles regulated. I've heard it works similar to Clomid like that. Hopefully if helps bring you a BFP soon!

Merry Christmas all!!

Soft cups are usually used for menstration but since joining this forum I've learned that a lot of people use them to "keep it all in" after :sex: Some people swear by them. This is my first cycle trying them and our timing was off so it was probably a waste. I use preseed since reading about it on here too! It's a sperm friendly lubricant. It's meant to mimic fertile cervical mucus.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->