TTC #1 for 15 months

I need a lil help again! Lol! Can one of u please explain the temperature raised thing...as far as ovulation and such. I'm not completely understanding it...lol! Thanks ladies!

Your temp should rise, typically the day after ovulation to confirm that you ovulated. If you use fertilityfriend they will confirm ovulation with crosshairs (lines) on ovulation date after you have three elevated temperatures in a row.
If you are pregnant you temp will remain elevated. If you are not your temp will drop a day or two before AF arrives. My temp dropped a little yesterday and a lot today and AF just made an appearance.
I've decided that my new years resolution is going to be to give up temping. It stresses me out a little and really doesn't serve much of a purpose anymore. I have a general idea of when I O and how long my luteal phase is now so I think I'm going to rely soley on opks until they run out then just do it the "old-fashioned" way lol.

Shamrock, you should add your chart so we can have a look!

Jodi- where do I go to add my chart on here? I do it on my phone so maybeI've just never seen the link...lol

First you have to go to fertility friend and bring up your chart. To the left under "menu" there is a section called "sharing". Roll your mouse over that and click on tickers. When you do it will bring up a code that you need to copy.
The you go to your profile here on bnb. Click on customize profile. To the left under "setting and options" choose "edit siqnature". Then just paste the ff ticker code that you copied into the text box.

Hmmmm....is this what I was looking for?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/32c1ba/ttc.png

Hi girls~

I too gave up on the temping, it drove me crazy. From what I read, you should make sure you get at least 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep before testing. I can't tell you the last time that happened for me. It's just an insomnia thing. When I was temping, things were all over the place and I stressed out so badly.

Jodi, I know what you mean by knowing when you O & how long the luteal phase is. That's exactly how I feel too. And I'm sorry that AF got you. =(

Shamrock, that's when I can test too. I never can wait, even if I say I will!

Sorry Shamrock, the instructions I gave you weren't quite right! We can see your ticker but not your chart.
Go to your ff chart and right above it should say "home page set up". Try copying and pasting the code/link given there into your signature.
Sorry for the mix up :)

Hi girls~

I too gave up on the temping, it drove me crazy. From what I read, you should make sure you get at least 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep before testing. I can't tell you the last time that happened for me. It's just an insomnia thing. When I was temping, things were all over the place and I stressed out so badly.

Jodi, I know what you mean by knowing when you O & how long the luteal phase is. That's exactly how I feel too. And I'm sorry that AF got you. =(

So what day r we going to plan to test Jamie?

Hi girls~

So what day r we going to plan to test Jamie?

I am going for the 8th - even though that's so early! It was my lucky day last year, so maybe it'll be lucky again this year. If it's negative, we just have to promise we won't lose hope for this cycle. :)

Shamrock: getting excited to test? Any "feelings" of being pregnant? I always get cramps a week before my period, typically 5 dpo. And I'm past that with no cramps yet, so very hopeful! Hope you're having some early symptoms!

Very excited! My boobs are getting tender...DH rolled over this morning and brushed agaist them and I just wanted to cry...lol. I've also been having a constant headache for the past few days....of which turned into a migrane tuesday night....I did get sick tuesday nnight and 2 times yesterday morning....but don't know if it was from the migraine or what....I am soooo ready for Saturday! :D

Very excited! My boobs are getting tender...DH rolled over this morning and brushed agaist them and I just wanted to cry...lol. I've also been having a constant headache for the past few days....of which turned into a migrane tuesday night....I did get sick tuesday nnight and 2 times yesterday morning....but don't know if it was from the migraine or what....I am soooo ready for Saturday! :D

Oh my gosh, that is all great news so far!! I mean, not that you're sick & having migraines, but that it might mean a BFP for you!

I still have nothing going on, except for some light cramping now. That could be a good or bad sign. And some heartburn. What kind of test are you using? I just have Dollar Tree tests, so I don't know that they'll come up positive so early. Fingers crossed for both of us!!

Took a First Answer Test this morning but it ws Negative :( yet, my temperature is still up where it has been since ovulation and fertility friend is saying that right now is when implantation should be taking place...don't know if that matters or not. But we'll see how this week goes bcuz AF would appear on Tuesday...maybe its just a lil early...but we'll see! Good Luck!

Oh no, I'm sorry. BFN for me this morning too. It could definitely still be early. From what I know, the body starts to produce HCG after implantation, and then it doubles each day. So if we haven't implanted yet, or are implanting today, a positive won't show up for another few days.

My sister in law ended up pregnant over Christmas, and she didn't get a positive until 4 days after her missed period. She took a First Response 6 day early test every morning! So we can't give up hope.

I managed to grab my thermometer this morning after about 3 hours of sleep and my temp was way high. I also had cramps all night, so I took that as a bad sign. But maybe it's a good sign.

My temp is stil what it was when it rose for ovulation. And I have only had a couple very minor cramps. But hopefully AF won't show up for either of us this week! :D

I hope AF doesn't show for either of us too. I am going to wait a few days & buy a better brand to test with. It's so disappointing to get a negative day after day after day.

I have my fingers crossed for you both :)

I had some light brown spotting today...another symptom that could go either way....

Thanks Jodi! I have my fingers crossed for you for your next cycle too! :)

Shamrock: I hope your brown spotting is a good symptom! I still have cramping, and a ton of heartburn. Nothing else though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->