TTC #1- Looking for buddies!

We will find out at the reveal with everyone else. Both sons know. The oldest is almost 18 and couldn't really care either way. My son is 11 and so excited. He asked everyday how big the baby is now. We are now at a 2x2 lego. LOL!

Welcome Shradha! Nice having a new person in our group! :)

Happy rainbow sprinkle week Sarah! Feels like yesterday my little Rick was a rainbow sprinkle.

Sunny that sounds like an amazing sleep schedule!

shradha - welcome! and best of luck for this cycle. Are you doing anything special with cycle tracking or just going with the flow?

Thank you Sunny, sarah and dream...
shradha - welcome! and best of luck for this cycle. Are you doing anything special with cycle tracking or just going with the flow?
Yes I am going to try on different things this time...going to start on with fertilityfriend charting, opk, and a menstrual cup. Actually Dh was researching and came up with the idea of using one. We can have good chances of letting the swimmers go to the right direction. And use pillows under so that I can hold my legs up for half an hour. Sorry for the details but we are ready to try all possible means as dh will be out of the country for a year in 6 months and we want to catch the eggy by the time he leaves. So time is little. Hope it works out..keeping fingers crossed. If we miss then I will have to take a break for a year.

Started taking Vit C, folic acid, vit E pills...today I guess I have ovulated as I am having all the symptoms.

shradha - Everyone in this group will tell you there's no such thing as TMI here. I absolutely tried the legs in the air bit several times. I hope you have great luck with it. I found it to be more mentally comforting than anything else but when you're TTC everything is open for trial. Happy O day.

Only 12 weeks left of work for me! I literally could not be more happy about that. I made a Mommy-do and Daddy-do list yesterday. I'm feeling like it's time to buckle down and really get things done - mostly in relation to the nursery. I don't want to stress myself out though so I'm dedicating May and June to get things done. I bought the curtains for the nursery (white with grey stars) so I'm officially inspired and motivated to do the rest.

Shradha- welcome! I hope you catch that egg before he leaves! And like dream said, there’s no TMI in this bunch lol How long have you been trying for this baby?

Dream- that is crazy! Your pregnancy seemed to have gone so fast! Getting the nursery ready is so much fun! I did the same, wanted to chill out at the end so we got it all done by the beginning of the third trimester.

Sunny- that does sound like a great sleep schedule. our LO sleeps similar but we are trying to transition her to the pack n play out of the rock n play so it’s not been as great the last couple of nights lol fingers crossed she figures out.

Sarah- How fun! Your oldest is going to be such a great big brother! Is he wanting another brother or a sister?

Thanx Sarah, dream and tbfromlv...
Just curious did you guys do anything special? I mean apart from opk ? Actually I am really desperate to try anything.
I have been wanting a 2nd baby from the time my boy turned 3 but dh would always put me off. He was happy with having just one kid and soon I too gave up and tried to be happy with his decision. Last month suddenly he told me he wanted to have another one....I was on top of this world. Just keeping fingers crossed....

Last edited:
When I finally got my BFP I was in a self-care bubble.
  • Exercising 3x per week
  • Eating a healthy diet (low carb, no sugar, no dairy, no gluten)
  • Acupuncture weekly
  • Weekly Epsom Salt baths etc etc
Just a whole bunch of stuff that made me feel good. Whether any of it has any relation to my BFP I'll never know. It was the first month in 20 cycles that I had true EWCM. I was taking OPKs but not temping. Temping just seemed to be an added necessary task for me. I had so many cycles with perfect temps then falling off with AF. We BD every other day that cycle.

I've got an OB appointment later on this morning so I'm working from home today. I don't think anything special is happening today but my glucose test should be coming up soon I think.

I had a CM on New Years Eve. I decided I wasn't going to test and to leave it to the higher power. I got my positive 2 months later on 3/31.

I really hope you get yours soon! :)

TB- I think Briar wants a boy. I keep telling him girls are better. LOL!

Well I got my glucose requisition as suspected. I'll probably go next Monday to get that done. My next appt isn't until May 30th at 30 weeks. Because my PAPP-A levels were low during my 1st trimester blood work I'm getting extra ultrasounds at 32 and 36 weeks to check on Rick's growth. My doc said low levels sometimes co-relate to low birth weights due to placenta issues and if that's the case she won't let me go past my due date. She's retesting as part of my glucose test and if the levels are still low said we will likely schedule an induction for right around my due date. (not entirely sure how I feel about that) on one hand I'm happy because I have ZERO desire to still be pregnant after August 8th lol but on the other hand who really wants to be induced? It's so unnatural.

I was induced at 39 weeks with Briar. To me it was the best experience. I was able to check in to the hospital at 6am and they got my IV started. Broke my water around 10am and then had epidural around 11:30. Starting feeling pain down my right leg at 1pm and Briar was born at 1:17. I know it isn't always that easy though. I have a fear of my water breaking in public and it kind of freaks me out. I am a planner so having everything planned out worked well for me. I know a lot of people want the whole experience and not have a scheduled birth rather it be induced or C-Section.

I hope you don't have to be induced since that is what you want. I was just giving my experience, so maybe that will help with your decision. :)

Hey Sarah - your experience sounds great! I guess I've just heard too many stories of babies not wanting to cooperate with the induction process. Labour then sometimes becomes prolonged, the meds aren't working etc etc and then you end up in a c-section. If I do have to be induced I think I'll end up being alright with that - I'm pretty go with the flow (at least for now).

Girl I heard the stories too! I was so scared of the MD using the vacuum or anything else to get the baby out. He didn't have to do any of that. I hope my experience helps if you do have to be induced. :) I am pretty sure this one for me won't be as easy.

Dream- I was the same way. I did NOT want to be induced. But my reasons for that were that I wanted no intervention including epidural and I had heard that if you’re induced you’re likely going to want/need epidural and also once you have any intervention it increases your chances of c section. But the day before Kaydence came I had an OB appointment and he said “Just in case, if we do hit your due date, how long after do you want to go before we would induce?” I had a moment of “don’t let me be pregnant after my due date!” But I told him I wanted to go as long as he’d let me lol. Hopefully you don’t have to worry about induction and baby comes right on time! I bet Rick is going to test just fine ❤️

Thanks Dream. I wonder why that thing say week 7. I am in my 9th week. Maybe I am missing something. Due date is right though.

I was induced as well (10 days after my due date), not sure if I would opt for it again or just try to sit it out until 14 days past due. I really wanted to experience laboring at home for as long as possible. It all worked out in the end and it wasn't the worst experience at all, but still much more clinical than I had in mind.

Sarah, seems like only the top one (babysizer ticker) is wrong and the countdownmypregnancy one is correct. Did you try changing your due date there as well? Just 215 days to go :D Hope your next labor and delivery experience is as great as your first!!

Yay got it updated!!! WE are at Tator Tot now!

Oh the light headiness and dizziness hit today out of no where. Praying that goes away soon. I haven't been sick so far yet just nauseous like crazy and on the verge of sickness when it comes to smells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->